Lt. Commander
# 31
02-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticblue View Post
3. Food for heals. Why? No really. When has anyone in the ST IP every pulled a fried catfish out of their quantum singularity to heal themselves during battle. Make food long time buffs like some other MMOs.
Food are meant to be picked up to feed tribbles! They only have heal effect so that the tribbles can learn to do those when they are born.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-04-2010, 03:56 AM
In no particular order:
  1. Automatically being transported into Deep Space Encounters while just trying to travel across the map.
  2. People who can't be bothered to read the quest bestowal dialogue properly and then constantly spam zone chat with questions like "Where's Memory Alpha?".
  3. Arrogant English speaking people moaning about people not using English in the chat channels - it's a global game with one server, people can speak whatever language they choose.
  4. Gold sellers.
  5. People with immersion breaking or offensive character/ship names that clearly go against Cryptic's naming policy - may you all be renamed ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-04-2010, 03:58 AM
1. Boffs puling whole rooms!

2. Turn rate of Galaxy Class and above cruisers and their lack of AoE aggro management.

3. Direction keys not working when targetting on ground missions

4. Ships getting stuck on asteroids and becoming untargettable but still firing back.

5. Starfleet bases being in every system in every empire (guess the Federation conquered the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and the other races just don't know it yet) No sense of borders or danger when in enemy space.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-04-2010, 04:01 AM
I can handle every annoying aspect of STO ... except Zone chat

to me, it seems 10x worse than than Trade chatter in Wow.

It is unbelievably stupid and thoughtless.

It must be a room filled with 10 year-olds trying to recover from ritalin addiction.

Thank you Cryptic for the Zone chat toggle button!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-04-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saelanna View Post
In no particular order:
  1. Automatically being transported into Deep Space Encounters while just trying to travel across the map.
  2. People who can't be bothered to read the quest bestowal dialogue properly and then constantly spam zone chat with questions like "Where's Memory Alpha?".
  3. Arrogant English speaking people moaning about people not using English in the chat channels - it's a global game with one server, people can speak whatever language they choose.
  4. Gold sellers.
  5. People with immersion breaking or offensive character/ship names that clearly go against Cryptic's naming policy - may you all be renamed ASAP.
this is a great list, and since I shut off Zone chat - I'll go with these five
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-04-2010, 04:20 AM
1. Memory Alpha
2. Memory Alpha
3. Memory Alpha
4. Memory Alpha
5. Memory Alpha
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-04-2010, 04:26 AM
1. The little icons that make you shoot your gun on the ground not clicking when I press the 1 key, or the 2 key, or the 3 key, etc.
2. The little icons that make you shoot your gun on the ground VANISHING into thin air at the start of every away mission / ground PVP battle.
3. There is no Gamma Quadrant beyond the Celestial Temple.
4. The vendor selection of the promenade on DS9 leaves much to be desired.
5. Cannot use replicator on bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumaa
I can handle every annoying aspect of STO ... except Zone chat

to me, it seems 10x worse than than Trade chatter in Wow.

Thank you Cryptic for the Zone chat toggle button!!!
Whoooooaaaaa there, lets not get silly now. That is a pretty big thing to say

1. Boff's aggroing an entire room with several Swordmasters in that seem to automatically attack me even though I havent even looked at them.

2. Joining fleet actions with 97 enemy ships waiting for you on the spawn point.

3. The 127,000,000 Batteries that have dropped for me.

4. Idiots spamming mines in fleet actions (Crystaline entity comes to mind, used to be a fun fight where people actually had to do things, now its a mine spamming fest where the fight last 3-5 secs).

5. No death penalty
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-04-2010, 04:45 AM
1) Ships getting stuck on asteroids and becoming not targetable but still firing back.

2) Weapons/Abilities not firing after cool down only to go back on cool down.

3) Filter system (or lack of) on Bridge Trainer.

4) More info in general.

5) spammers
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-04-2010, 05:25 AM
I am finding one thing highly annoying about STO

Players who think because I play Star Trek online that I play dress-up in a Klingon outfit in real life, speak klingon, and think I give a damn about "honor".

I like Klingons because I PVP, not because of maybe some deep psychological scars from not being picked first in kick ball, or not being what daddy wanted. I don't need to assert my manhood in a video game, it is asserted enough thanks. It's really on my nerves the people who can't separate fantasy from reality, fun is fun, but they need to get over it.