Lt. Commander
# 1 The Doomsday Device
02-03-2010, 06:57 PM
The "Decker's Nightmare" segment of The Doomsday Device is, much like a lot of other areas of this game, BUGGED. The Hargh Peng torpedoes do not reload at the planet core so you are unable to destroy the
Doomsday Device.

Try and get this fixed would ya Cryptic. At some point I'd like to go back to using my Sisko avatar but so long
as this game is in Paid Beta, I will keep this one. (I am thinking of changing it to say, broken line or beta line)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
That's funny because I did that mission with no problems what so ever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tssmith78 View Post
Yep, same here. I just did this mission earlier today, and had no problem with reloading the torpedoes at the planet's core. (Even did it twice, because I'm a bad shot. lol)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tssmith78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yep, same here. I just did this mission earlier today, and had no problem with reloading the torpedoes at the planet's core. (Even did it twice, because I'm a bad shot. lol)
I must have flown thru the core a dozen times, bumping into things and not...just trying to triger what ever it is that I need to trigger. I'll try again later.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
just did this mission today, no bug for me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I did this mission... HOWEVER I have another bug.
I blew up the Doomsday machine. But cannot turn in the mission.... GRRRRRRR
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
No problems. Flew to center of broken planet, picked up 5 torpedoes, 2 shots needed, mission complete.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Mission went fine for me as well. One thing I noticed that has changed since closed beta is that now the torpedos will damage the Doomsday Machine no matter what time you fire them at it. Back in closed you had a small window after it fired to shoot your torpedoes and kill it. That made the episode for fun, trying to time it just right. Now all I have to do is get in range, pop a couple special toprs whether it fired or not, and boom its dead. That section is supposed to be the climax of the episode and I can finish it in a couple seconds.

I did this mission with a couple of fleet members and even though they laughed at me everytime i got blown up trying to get lined up around the time the machine was firing, it was still fun to do. Maneuvering and getting that timing right was part of the fun. Now the mission ending just seems dull. I hope this is a bug and not Cryptic catering to the whiners that say every mission because they can not just use their standard tactic of fly straight and mash the spacebar till something explodes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Perhaps the issue people have is..

The map's scale at max zoom out shows no other planet, and no 'quest circle'.. and I do not recall the quest text saying anything about another planet.. as soon as i left I attacked and killed the enemy, hardly without moving.. so I thought "the planet next to me" seeing no other options, the 'fly through' part made little sense, but i thought the 'planet' was bugged >.>

took me 10 minutes and an accident to find out there's another planet in the system <--- For those trying to complete, but I also had the video settings on near-bottom (1 step up)... as people just look funky loading at max quality (when ops talks to me, the items appear before the person.. and I have a Quad core 2.4, 8gb ram, GX260, raid array on 2 3GB/s SATA 16MB Cache drives -- so I'm thinking system's not optimized well yet)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
same here did the mission without problem...