Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kell View Post
Mission went fine for me as well. One thing I noticed that has changed since closed beta is that now the torpedos will damage the Doomsday Machine no matter what time you fire them at it. Back in closed you had a small window after it fired to shoot your torpedoes and kill it. That made the episode for fun, trying to time it just right. Now all I have to do is get in range, pop a couple special toprs whether it fired or not, and boom its dead. That section is supposed to be the climax of the episode and I can finish it in a couple seconds.

I did this mission with a couple of fleet members and even though they laughed at me everytime i got blown up trying to get lined up around the time the machine was firing, it was still fun to do. Maneuvering and getting that timing right was part of the fun. Now the mission ending just seems dull. I hope this is a bug and not Cryptic catering to the whiners that say every mission because they can not just use their standard tactic of fly straight and mash the spacebar till something explodes.

aye it did change, however it think for the better. Cruiser in that mission can very fast turn in to pain for the ones not prepared.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Back in closed you had a small window after it fired to shoot your torpedoes and kill it. That made the episode for fun, trying to time it just right
make ure you bug it. the doomsday device has a blue glow post firing that pretty clearly indicates its in its Shoot Me period.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I',m doing this mission now and can't even see how I would get to the planet's core
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 12:51 AM
You don't go to the first planets core. You go to the broken planets core.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 12:52 AM
yep I see it. I checked the map and there was nothing there, now that I've flew around for like 10 minutes it's appeared. Thanks for the headsup.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 03:06 AM
I just did this one and was able to complete it without problems. Just a few things I noticed, related to the thread so far.

The area in the planet's core is rather small. Just flying around the core in general will not recharge the torpedoes. There is a specific area your ship much enter in order to do this. I have objects set to auto-target in my options, and even then it did not auto-target the core area until I was practically right on top of it. Basically if you are approaching the destroyed planet from the first one, look for the 'pointy' section on the top half pointing down. Aim for the end of the point. That is about where the area is you need to go to get the torpedoes to recharge.

Also, I noticed there is a time you can shoot and do damage, and not. As someone else mentioned, when the color of the fire in it's mouth is a blue-ish color, then you can shoot and damage it. Shooting a torpedo when it was orange did no damage.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 03:14 AM
You go to the broken planet core, go to the way point and then use your USE button (default F) to pick the torpedos up. Then move them into your device slot (where your batteries go) They run out, you get 5 shots, you have to go back to the broken planet and again USE the way point as if you were scanning.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
The "Decker's Nightmare" segment of The Doomsday Device is, much like a lot of other areas of this game, BUGGED. The Hargh Peng torpedoes do not reload at the planet core so you are unable to destroy the
Doomsday Device.

Try and get this fixed would ya Cryptic. At some point I'd like to go back to using my Sisko avatar but so long
as this game is in Paid Beta, I will keep this one. (I am thinking of changing it to say, broken line or beta line)
Did you click the Comm button ?

Worked fine for me when I did it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Well, I tried again and same issues. Luckily it respawns me in space and not at the start of ground combat...like other missions. I did bug it although when I tried a fourth time...it worked. When it worked, I was reminded of something that
should have been a clue it was not working. In the previous times I tried, there was no Federation/Klingon fleet battle.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 06:00 AM
I also did this quest without trouble.. I was able to hit the thing if I fired the torpedo at the right time, and I was able to reload in the planet core. FYI, you dont HAVE to reload to kill it, unless you miss time the torpedos. It only takes 3 shots if they all hit properly.