Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 171
I support it.

kthxbye.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,125
# 2
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh honey, you don't wanna open that can of worms again. lol

Threads about this seldom end well.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.



And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 171
# 3
02-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Hell yeah I do.

Couldn't find the original thread though.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 753
# 4
02-15-2014, 11:45 PM
Yep, either an option to shut off the visuals, or at the very least fix the subspace party amp to it works the way the tool tip says it supposed to (it doesn't)
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 948
# 5
02-16-2014, 03:18 AM
That would be so nice. Pls do that
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 244
# 6
02-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Another day another thread moaning about Party Balls... lol well I suppose it shows the game is alive and healthy I guess.

ESD, Drosnaa, Qo'Nos and several other places are "Social" Zones therefore people who go there can be sociable which includes the ability to play with party Poppers, Dancing balls and whatever they bring out next for fun. I don't see a problem with using them they don't harm you, they don't actually stop you from using the bank or mail or exchange or anything you just dance AND if someone is somehow trolling you with it there is a simple way to fix it.

Press M and go to change instance and boom Mr Troll has been squashed and all it took was 2 seconds! Let people have fun in this game please don't make all boring and pointless too many games are ran like that and loosen up a bit!
No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,125
# 7
02-16-2014, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdanko View Post
Hell yeah I do.

Couldn't find the original thread though.
Yeah, cause it got deleted.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.



And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 297
# 8
02-16-2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijimithy View Post
ESD, Drosnaa, Qo'Nos and several other places are "Social" Zones therefore people who go there can be sociable which includes the ability to play with party Poppers, Dancing balls and whatever they bring out next for fun.
If the switch were client-side only, their ability to play with these items would not be affected, i.e. they would still see all the captains in range dancing on their screen while players who turned it off would see their captains (or everyone in range) standing in their normal poses on their own screen.
Those who have fun now would still have fun* and those who are irritated now would be less irritated (or begin to have fun) then; sounds like a win-win-situation to me.

Instead of a switch, there could be a textfile where players can enter a blacklist of animations (e.g. discoballs and smoke grenades) their STO client must not play on 'social' maps. This would not interfere with the playback of these animations by other players STO clients.

* unless their enjoyment of these items was derived from irritating others
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 161
# 9
02-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solemkof View Post
If the switch were client-side only, their ability to play with these items would not be affected, i.e. they would still see all the captains in range dancing on their screen while players who turned it off would see their captains (or everyone in range) standing in their normal poses on their own screen.
Those who have fun now would still have fun* and those who are irritated now would be less irritated (or begin to have fun) then; sounds like a win-win-situation to me.

Instead of a switch, there could be a textfile where players can enter a blacklist of animations (e.g. discoballs and smoke grenades) their STO client must not play on 'social' maps. This would not interfere with the playback of these animations by other players STO clients.

* unless their enjoyment of these items was derived from irritating others
Yeah, the problem just is that they don't want to see people dance only on their own screen. They want to troll other players.
So your whole argument, although it's making too much sense in the first place, is moot.
Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
# 10
02-16-2014, 02:59 PM
I think a client side switch for social items is a great idea. Being able to choose where and when I am affected by these things....what's not to like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Yep, either an option to shut off the visuals, or at the very least fix the subspace party amp to it works the way the tool tip says it supposed to (it doesn't)
Confirmed. On those occasions I did decide to take a few minutes to "goof off", every time I tried substituting the party amps dances with my own from the emote menu, the amp kept overriding my choices.

So if this is a bug, it may need a fix as well.
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.