I like using Turrets on my Cruiser and I was just wondering if people can give me some info........the first skill "Starship Energy Weapons training" gives a broad increase to all weapons except torps and mines.
1. In the next rank up, which skill impacts the 360 arc turrets....Starship Beam weapons or Starship Cannon weapons?
2. Right now I have "Phaser Turrets"...so it seems like a good choice to take "Starhip Phaser Weapons" skill....but are there other damage types open to turrets for example, "Plasma" ?
3. Do BO powers like "Directed Energy Modulation" work with turrets even though there not a 100% "Beam"?
1. Turrets are hybrid beam/cannon, they use cannon skills, cannon captain skill box for bonus and do damage like cannons but have a wider arc and no global cooldown like beams do.
2. All captain skill boxes in the Commander, Captain and admiral rank tree columns effect a specific skill or damage type. In your case phaser will effect all phaser weapons. This mean phaser turrets, phaser beams, phaser cannons, phaser heavy cannons etc. but not diruptor turrets or polaron beams and so on. All energy weapons should use each of the damage type if you find them others are rarer then some.
3. DEM should work for any energy weapon so any beam or cannon or turret.