Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Please Read!!
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Ive been watching your commerical on SYFY and it is showing people commanding from the bridge... This is way wrong.. a Complete mis rep of your product.. What are you thinking?? People are going to see this on tv and think cool buy your game and say WTF?? Dont do this to the game..!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
No, what it shows is a cut scene. You'll notice that the "bridge" animation on those commercials is much smoother than the "game play" shown. No one watched that a thought it was Real Time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoin
No, what it shows is a cut scene. You'll notice that the "bridge" animation on those commercials is much smoother than the "game play" shown. No one watched that a thought it was Real Time.
you were wrong, he did see it.

no one intelligent who watch that thought it was Real Time
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
you were wrong, he did.

no one intelligent who watch that thought it was Real Time
*snickers*
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Not being one to watch TV anymore I had no idea what this commercial was so I did some searching.

Here is a link for those who have not seen it:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142701...launch_30.html

Edit in - I am just posting this for informational purposes. I personally do not think they lied.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoin
So it's totally cool to misrepresent gameplay as long as it's obviously a cutscene? Not saying if it isn't always done, just asking if it's really something that companies should be doing.

(Note: I don't really mind the commercial. There was a preview video a long time ago with a similar segment, might have been the same one actually. It just annoys me how many people are fine with practices like these because "everyone else does it")
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
So many games don't even show gameplay footage in the adverts. I'm surprised the op jump to such wild conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Question is...
Cryptic You are lieing to the people just to get customers...

Answer is...
When spellchecks are forced on you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Not being one to watch TV anymore I had no idea what this commercial was so I did some searching.

Here is a link for those who have not seen it:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142701...launch_30.html

Edit in - I am just posting this for informational purposes. I personally do not think they lied.
well if you look at it there are three bridge scenes. one is from the tutorial, and three are cut scenes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 08:48 PM
I saw a beer commercial. Soon as the guy opened the beer the music started and a pair of hot chicks popped in out of nowhere and started dancing and running their hands all over him.

So of course I went and purchased a six-pack of this beer. But when I opened a can no music started and no hot chicks showed up to dance with me. The beer company lied to me!!!111eleventyone!!!

The moral of the story? It's just a commercial kid.

Buying that beer or those jeans aren't going to suddenly make you popular with the ladies. And buying the Star Trek Online CD isn't going to transport you to the marvelous world of Gene Roddenberry's "Great Vision of the Future" (Amen).

No one lied to you about Star Trek Online. You're being as unrealistic as the guy standing there with the beer in his hand wondering why a pair of hot chicks didn't suddenly materialize to dance with him.