Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Well the bridge command stuff would make it so much more awesome. But alas and alack nay we are denied.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
Good to talk with you again.
So you actually listened to what I and others said and changed your mind? I want you to realize that I mean this as a compliment, and that it's not you that I'm insulting when I say; "that right there makes you one of the most mature people on the internet."

I agree with your post completely. I never really disagreed with your view of how a Star Trek MMO should be, I just always had a more realistic view of what we were going to get. Like you I am content to give Cryptic the time they need to add in more options and content.

If they fail to do so then I'll be right there with you criticizing their lack of additional material, updates or content.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm going to basically rephrase my first post. Any one of you ever see a beer commercial? Did you ever believe that if you bought a case of that beer that hot chicks would just show up at your house like they did for the guy in the commercial?

If you said yes, then I can understand why you're upset. It's just a TV commercial kids, get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
Ive been watching your commerical on SYFY and it is showing people commanding from the bridge... This is way wrong.. a Complete mis rep of your product.. What are you thinking?? People are going to see this on tv and think cool buy your game and say WTF?? Dont do this to the game..!!!
thats true, but u can go into your bridge! and u can go and sit down at ur captains chair and imagine u are that guy in the commercial
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
lieing...whutdat?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I saw a beer commercial. Soon as the guy opened the beer the music started and a pair of hot chicks popped in out of nowhere and started dancing and running their hands all over him.

So of course I went and purchased a six-pack of this beer. But when I opened a can no music started and no hot chicks showed up to dance with me. The beer company lied to me!!!111eleventyone!!!

The moral of the story? It's just a commercial kid.

Buying that beer or those jeans aren't going to suddenly make you popular with the ladies. And buying the Star Trek Online CD isn't going to transport you to the marvelous world of Gene Roddenberry's "Great Vision of the Future" (Amen).

No one lied to you about Star Trek Online. You're being as unrealistic as the guy standing there with the beer in his hand wondering why a pair of hot chicks didn't suddenly materialize to dance with him.
You know, thats weird because I bought that same beer and I got hot chicks dancing and rubbing their hands on me. No... wait... I think it was the other way around.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 04:09 AM
The captain screaming fire phasers sounds like a 13 year old kid with mic boost on ultra.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Its not that bad of a Commercial , I remember the pack of Lies commercial for SWG . No that was and still is a crock of crap.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The beer company lied to me!!!111eleventyone!!!
Eleventyone. Dude, you're epic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 04:43 AM
However the halfwit quasi Trekkie fan (not saying Trekkies are halfwits) will see the commercial, get all excited, get in game, get to the bridge, alt-tab out (assuming not a complete half-wit) log into the forums and start flaming away about being lied to.

It will happen, because the "average" person is generally ignorant.
(Not stupid, just ignorant, there is a difference.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momurda View Post
Ive been watching your commerical on SYFY and it is showing people commanding from the bridge... This is way wrong.. a Complete mis rep of your product.. What are you thinking?? People are going to see this on tv and think cool buy your game and say WTF?? Dont do this to the game..!!!
DAng, the commericals are lying. DANG! where the world is heading to? What happened with the honest, fact based commericals?

Oh wait they wont be invented for another 200 years.