Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2010, 07:18 PM
As soon as I started buying for this mission I came straight to the forums. Thank goodness for this thread. I had no idea about ctrl-click.

Horrible, horrible interface restriction.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I just went to the Exchange there at DS9 and bought what I needed. Amazingly, STO already had everything preset to buy the exact amount you need for a set price to finish the mission. No need to fly anywhere else. And I think it was 40k for what you need.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZRaceR6 View Post
I just went to the Exchange there at DS9 and bought what I needed. Amazingly, STO already had everything preset to buy the exact amount you need for a set price to finish the mission. No need to fly anywhere else. And I think it was 40k for what you need.
Then you look at the amounts they're selling that stuff for and you realise that the values are far to consistent. And the suspicion arises that its a Gold sellers way of making cash.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZRaceR6 View Post
Ok and what planet are you from???
The exchange is high way robbery for most items...

40K for something that only costs 400 credits each which = 4000 credits for ten entertainment provisions
but instead you didn't do the math and paid for it through the nose and many other bodily parts I can't say here...
(So I guess it's true....There IS a SUCKER born every minute!)

And IMHO: something needs to be done on how high a player can mark up any item on the exchange.

Really the fast track of getting a lot of credits really quick is to be a broker on the exchange.
Buy low sell high...
(can we say Farengie<sp?> )

To bad I hate selling stufff on the exchange otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying stuff...ever...

later...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf421
Ok and what planet are you from???
The exchange is high way robbery for most items...

40K for something that only costs 400 credits each which = 4000 credits for ten entertainment provisions
but instead you didn't do the math and paid for it through the nose and many other bodily parts I can't say here...
(So I guess it's true....There IS a SUCKER born every minute!)

And IMHO: something needs to be done on how high a player can mark up any item on the exchange.

Really the fast track of getting a lot of credits really quick is to be a broker on the exchange.
Buy low sell high...
(can we say Farengie<sp?> )

To bad I hate selling stufff on the exchange otherwise I wouldn't worry about buying stuff...ever...

later...
When you have over a million creds and get more all the time, 40k isn't much for the time it saved me. Maybe you want to fly around looking for what was needed, but I simply didn't care and have the money to burn. Kind of like going and buying new ships for 143k. And the exchange has a set price for these items.