Captain
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,139
# 1 Picard Republic.
02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Ok so this is the deal, Star Trek creates an artificial wormhole to the time and place of the Star Wars galaxy during the time of the late clone wars. Picard and the Enterprise E are sent through the wormhole to open diplomatic relations with the republic which succeed and people are allowed to travel into both galaxies to trade technology, ideas, and art. Palpatine on the other hand is secretly massing an army of clones and armada of warships to conquer our galaxy by sending them through the wormhole. All of his forces are armed with traded star trek technology. However section 31 learned of Palpatine's plan and secretly made a fleet of federation ships armed with star wars and star trek technology to prepare for the invasion. They then ask Picard to command the fleet in a preemptive strike against Courscant. Picard then refuses saying that it wasn't right to destroy an entire planet just because it's leader happened to want to destroy the Federation and who happened to be acting on his own.

Whatever happens next is up to your character(s) in STO. All replies must about your character must refer to them in the third person.

GORNZILLA
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,317
# 2
02-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
Ok so this is the deal, Star Trek creates an artificial wormhole to the time and place of the Star Wars galaxy during the time of the late clone wars. Picard and the Enterprise E are sent through the wormhole to open diplomatic relations with the republic which succeed and people are allowed to travel into both galaxies to trade technology, ideas, and art. Palpatine on the other hand is secretly massing an army of clones and armada of warships to conquer our galaxy by sending them through the wormhole. All of his forces are armed with traded star trek technology. However section 31 learned of Palpatine's plan and secretly made a fleet of federation ships armed with star wars and star trek technology to prepare for the invasion. They then ask Picard to command the fleet in a preemptive strike against Courscant. Picard then refuses saying that it wasn't right to destroy an entire planet just because it's leader happened to want to destroy the Federation and who happened to be acting on his own.

Whatever happens next is up to your character(s) in STO. All replies must about your character must refer to them in the third person.
Captain Bolo sends a coded subspace message to planet Burbank, informing them of this development. Mickey, Lord High Chancellor of the Star Wars Universe, serves CBS/PWE with a Cease, and Desist order, thwarting the invasion. Palpatine's armada gets new orders from planet Burbank to return home. Captain Bolo is unanimously, named "Best Starfleet Captain Ever".
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,697
# 3
02-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
Ok so this is the deal, Star Trek creates an artificial wormhole to the time and place of the Star Wars galaxy during the time of the late clone wars. Picard and the Enterprise E are sent through the wormhole to open diplomatic relations with the republic which succeed and people are allowed to travel into both galaxies to trade technology, ideas, and art. Palpatine on the other hand is secretly massing an army of clones and armada of warships to conquer our galaxy by sending them through the wormhole. All of his forces are armed with traded star trek technology. However section 31 learned of Palpatine's plan and secretly made a fleet of federation ships armed with star wars and star trek technology to prepare for the invasion. They then ask Picard to command the fleet in a preemptive strike against Courscant. Picard then refuses saying that it wasn't right to destroy an entire planet just because it's leader happened to want to destroy the Federation and who happened to be acting on his own.

Whatever happens next is up to your character(s) in STO. All replies must about your character must refer to them in the third person.
OOC: Oops... I just posted my own RP idea with a premise very similar to this...

Sorry...
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,894
# 4
02-09-2014, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
Ok so this is the deal, Star Trek creates an artificial wormhole to the time and place of the Star Wars galaxy during the time of the late clone wars. Picard and the Enterprise E are sent through the wormhole to open diplomatic relations with the republic which succeed and people are allowed to travel into both galaxies to trade technology, ideas, and art. Palpatine on the other hand is secretly massing an army of clones and armada of warships to conquer our galaxy by sending them through the wormhole. All of his forces are armed with traded star trek technology. However section 31 learned of Palpatine's plan and secretly made a fleet of federation ships armed with star wars and star trek technology to prepare for the invasion. They then ask Picard to command the fleet in a preemptive strike against Courscant. Picard then refuses saying that it wasn't right to destroy an entire planet just because it's leader happened to want to destroy the Federation and who happened to be acting on his own.

Whatever happens next is up to your character(s) in STO. All replies must about your character must refer to them in the third person.
OOC: Well Star Wars fan will argue that Palpatine wouldn't have any need to equip his troops with "Star Trek" technology, since they believe Star Wars tech is "Far superior" (to the degree that the Ent-E is helpless towards a Tie Fighter...
Don't see that working without a basic rule setup....
Support more story content in STO
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,139
# 5
02-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
OOC: Well Star Wars fan will argue that Palpatine wouldn't have any need to equip his troops with "Star Trek" technology, since they believe Star Wars tech is "Far superior" (to the degree that the Ent-E is helpless towards a Tie Fighter...
Don't see that working without a basic rule setup....
I see your point there. How about modified trek technology.

GORNZILLA
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,894
# 6
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
I see your point there. How about modified trek technology.
Still the same problem... Now the Star Trek fans will complain that Star Trek technology is superior and needs no upgrades.

The problem with mixing those universes is that it doesn't work related to technology. There are good reasons to assume Star Wars is superior (any Star Wars ship stranded-voyager style- in the delta quadrant would be back home before lunch.
On the other hand, transporters seem to be a technology not even thinkable in Star Wars...)
Ultimately the who is stronger argument can not be solved in the particular case of those two, so if you want any kind of crossover rp, you have to set up exact rules first.
Support more story content in STO
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,139
# 7
02-11-2014, 06:36 AM
I'll just have to tell the fans to LIVE WITH IT, so.....LIVE WITH IT.

GORNZILLA
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM.