Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Curious....
02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm curious to know, is this any Star Trek fans first MMO?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Yes it is for me. I was introduced to sci-fi from my dad when I was about 5 or so things like star trek and stargate have been my favourite sci-fis. More the point though im an avid star trek fine and STO is my first mmo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm positive it is; there have been several threads where people described themselves as Trekkies and this being their first MMO. I hope they post in this thread, I'm curious how they're enjoying this new experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Same here! Being a Star Trek fan and a MMO fan, this game was a lock for me. But I would love the to hear the perspective of a fan who never played an MMO before.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thCircle View Post
I'm curious to know, is this any Star Trek fans first MMO?
yes, but not mine.

It's obvious that it's the first for some fans. Arguments over what is Trek points to that.

It's obvious that it's the first "Star Trek" for some. Arguments over what is MMORPG.

The rest fit in the middle, though (as usual, you have a lot of "experts" who claim experience is both. These are the people that speak from such authority, you wonder why you haven't read their stories or played their games).

For those that are first timers I hope you enjoy the experience. Don't let "experts" lead you astray. I actually read a post where someone with 7 years experience, thought he knew it all. Lol, gamers and Star Trek, and gaming Star Trek, has been around longer. I don't know it all and probably have logged more hours in both games and Star Trek than a good number of others.

Stand tall if it's your first, stand tall if it's not (but don't try to "tower"), and by all means, role-play if that what makes you happy. STO has a unique franchise, that allows RP from a MMORPG initiate.

As a MMORPG player and Star Trek fan, this is my first of the two combined. So far, so good. Gives me some SFB/SFC action as well as traditional computer game activities. I for one will give it some time. Especially longer than the 30 days some get it for free after mom/dad buy it for them.

Maina
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
yes, but not mine.

It's obvious that it's the first for some fans. Arguments over what is Trek points to that.

It's obvious that it's the first "Star Trek" for some. Arguments over what is MMORPG.

The rest fit in the middle, though (as usual, you have a lot of "experts" who claim experience is both. These are the people that speak from such authority, you wonder why you haven't read their stories or played their games).

For those that are first timers I hope you enjoy the experience. Don't let "experts" lead you astray. I actually read a post where someone with 7 years experience, thought he knew it all. Lol, gamers and Star Trek, and gaming Star Trek, has been around longer. I don't know it all and probably have logged more hours in both games and Star Trek than a good number of others.

Stand tall if it's your first, stand tall if it's not (but don't try to "tower"), and by all means, role-play if that what makes you happy. STO has a unique franchise, that allows RP from a MMORPG initiate.

As a MMORPG player and Star Trek fan, this is my first of the two combined. So far, so good. Gives me some SFB/SFC action as well as traditional computer game activities. I for one will give it some time. Especially longer than the 30 days some get it for free after mom/dad buy it for them.

Maina

Well put, could not have said it better myself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Does it count if this MMO made me a Star Trek fan?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkkiMeisseli View Post
Does it count if this MMO made me a Star Trek fan?
Damn, I should have asked that question too! If that is true....very cool!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 PM.