Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Losing Rare Equipment on Ship.
02-03-2010, 11:11 PM
First off Let me say I am still loving the game. I have had a few problems but I really enjoy the game as a whole right now.

My latest problem is that I have been losing items on my ship that I have on there. Earlier in the day I had a few rare item and some other pretty nice items drop during my runs today. I equipped them to my ship and keep playing.

I then logged off and when I logged back on my ships Items had been changed back to what I had equipped before I put my new gear on.

I went from having a few tact upgrades like plus 25 plasma weapons, and plus 22 plasma torps or something like that back to my level 3 cannon prefire chambers. I also lost my Rare V Plasma Turrent that had got switched back to a IV torpedo launcher.

I understand the game is still new and there is bugs. It was just kind of a bummer to loose all these cool new toys. I think it should be looked into so it don't happen to others.

Thanks Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
I've had the exact same problem twice, however I haven't logged out of the game. Both times I've simply changed maps and my equipped items, specifically my engines, have been morphed back to a previously equipped item.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
See, I have had it happen changing map as well. But this last time I did not notice till I logged back on. Maybe it is just changing maps. Its kind of a bummer though. At least it has happen to another person though so maybe they can hunt down the bug and squash it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the post...I thought I was losing my mind again when I thought I had a better weapon system then it changed...only happened once so far...still enjoying the game though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 09:37 AM
No problem for awhile I thought I was crazy too till it happen again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 09:40 AM
It's like the reverse of the item duplication bug that existed in beta.

I suspect they implemented a fix for that bug that is now causing these issues (rather than allowing you to duplicate items, when the server detects an issue it just reverts to your old equipment/inventory).

I've lost some nice items as well :*(
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I have had the same thing. Upgrade my engine to level II and my weapons. Sold my old iiems in replicator and then noticed the items i put on was gone and i had the old items back again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
Same thing happened to me. I thought it was me forgetting where I put something.

I can't remember what I lost though. Cryptic support is hella slow to answer questions.

The ticket process is kind of a laugher. I've had a ticket open since January.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Can we get any info from the dev's on this subject please? It seems like this might be a major issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Yup Happened to me too. Lost all of my Mrk III toys... got two tickets open but, no response...AT ALL. This really starting to grind at me. We are playing on our time now. This kind of thing is "OK" in beta, but this isn't beta...