Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 01:21 AM
All good points.. I remeber reading where they said it wouldnt be really crafting, but more being able to "tinker" with items to improve how they work.

Not sure how people were coming to the conclusion it was in depth crafting (like SWG for instance) when they stated it was tinkering to improve stats.

The other thing I wish people would stop doing is trying to compare this game to that of others. Its not wow, nor is it Star Wars galaxies. Give it some time, give creative feedback on what you dont like, and add in how you would like to see it fixed / polished / updated / upgraded / tweaked etc.. When the devs read these posts, and they do, do you think its more likely they are going to pay attention to it if all they see is "I hate ....." with absolutely no solutions / suggestions added into it?

They have stated they want your feedback. Give them what they are asking for and see what we can get done.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 01:59 AM
I didn't know that the crafting system wasn't worth using yet..

I mean, the game is released now. It's not in a beta.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
Is it just me or is it common knowledge that the crafting system hasn't been implemented yet?
Common knowledge for forum users perhaps. This isnt beta, so things *should* be working properly, or have a warning that they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
So in other words, this guy dumped all this stuff into crafting.. didn't get anywhere.. and gets mad at Cryptic because he lacks the ability to research something before diving in that far?

Ok. Just checking.
Fact is, no one should *have* to do any researching.

Anyway, the idea that a crafting system isnt working on a full game is just ridiculous. Not sure if it is or not in this case.

And what Sulda said was equally as ridiculous.

Fact is, the 'crafting' system is a big pile of horrible mucus, its a waste of time in my opinion. It seems live a half-arsed attempt at trying to make one, then they just left it not only unfinished, but not even properly started yet.

Frankly, they may as well have just not bothered, spent the time working on something that is actually fun and interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingender View Post
why the hell would you spend 300,000, to get the reaming samples?
Because the prices on the Exchange are ludicrously high?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 02:11 AM
You shouldn't have to second guess that something is working correctly. You shouldn't have to double check.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I just spent 5 Days Collecting Samples and spent over 300,000 credits (buying remaining samples) to "unlock" the Crafting System, and I just learned it was a complete waste of time!

I was told there was a crafting system and appearently there is not. And I know Cryptic doesn't care, nor is going to refund my credits for a major broken system.

I'm very disappointed in you Cryptic.
theres a crafting system?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
Sadly I can get better gear (Blues etc) from Fleet actions so Research seems to be kinda pointless and a time sink
It is. By the time you've investigated all the obscure anomalies necessary for something like an uncommon MKII shield, you've probably already reached a rank with equipment way beyond what's offered at Memory Alpha.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a long trip just to turn in an inventory full of useless crap for one item that's useless crap.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Crafting
02-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah i hope they will inprove it soon
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 02:53 AM
I know its not really a Startrek thing to craft but i would love to see a complex crafting system.
For me it would add another side to the game which i think alot of players would like
As it is now , i dont know much about the crafting system as i have'nt found much about it all i know is that you need to goto Memory Alpha .
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchippie View Post
I know its not really a Startrek thing to craft but i would love to see a complex crafting system.
For me it would add another side to the game ehich i think alot of players would like
As it is now , i dont know much about the crafting system as i have'nt found much about it all i know is that you need to goto Memory Alpha .
I'd imagined they could call it 'engineering' and let you upgrade things yourself... At the moment it seems to involve alot of grind and only token star trek references...

I admire them trying to do something different, but in this instance I think it didn't work.