Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
I mean can ya not? I can't find a function for it if there is one. That's a ridiculously large oversight to make. You could lock an action bar way the hell back in City of Heroes. As I remember, you could lock them in Champions online as well. How does one forget this very basic function? I was just hunting for a way to lock it down after having twice dragged my Rifle Butt off by accident in the middle of a fight, as well as my fabricate phaser cannon. So an enemy is closing with me, and I'm spamming my 1 key, and wondering why I'm not smacking the guy in front of me... til.. "Hell's teeth! It's not in the bar! Dammit!"

Add a function you devs to lock it down. That's an unconscionable oversight to have made.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:39 PM
/signed

even the windows task bar has it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRose View Post
I mean can ya not? I can't find a function for it if there is one. That's a ridiculously large oversight to make. You could lock an action bar way the hell back in City of Heroes. As I remember, you could lock them in Champions online as well. How does one forget this very basic function? I was just hunting for a way to lock it down after having twice dragged my Rifle Butt off by accident in the middle of a fight, as well as my fabricate phaser cannon. So an enemy is closing with me, and I'm spamming my 1 key, and wondering why I'm not smacking the guy in front of me... til.. "Hell's teeth! It's not in the bar! Dammit!"

Add a function you devs to lock it down. That's an unconscionable oversight to have made.
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

skills only get dragged+removed with right click.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

This is right. Well, it should still be added. I think that's why they went with the weird right-click.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardoxx View Post
wel, simple answer is...
don't use right click

It's a little hard not to use right click. You use your right click to move your camera around. Which when it comes to targeting is somewhat essential. The problem of course being that the right click also drags stuff off your actionbar. And that's when stuff isn't inexplicably disappearing from your actionbar when you transport down in the first place. If you're in the thick of an all out melee or you have a battlegroup all starting to orient on you in some patrol mission, you're not going to be paying exact attention to where your cursor is when you start camming around to see who's shooting at you, or where your target ran off to. That's when you start inadvertently dragging things like Rifle-Butt or High Yield Torpedo off your bar.

If they're going to make camming around be your right click + hold, then they need to make dragging stuff onto and off of your actionbar something else. Like maybe a middle-click + hold. Or you could just give us something to lock down the actionbar with. It's not a hard leap of logic to make. Like the guy said, even WINDOWS has something to lockdown a taskbar with.

I mean I suppose I COULD just keybind camming to another button altogether... But it's not as intuitive as rightclicking to cam around with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Your criticism is founded but I would like the option to turn it off(the lock button): I don't want another button on my action bar, there's already enough there.

You can also use the left-mouse button.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
The left click reorients your facing, which defeats the purpose of camming around to see who's shooting you in the backside if you're still shooting at another target. The button to lock the hotbar doesn't have to be ON the hotbar. It could be something we could checkmark on the expanded hotbar menu that we're dragging skills from. In fact, that'd be an excellent place to put it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRose View Post
The button to lock the hotbar doesn't have to be ON the hotbar. It could be something we could checkmark on the expanded hotbar menu that we're dragging skills from. In fact, that'd be an excellent place to put it.
Good idea. I just assumed it would be put there since the it's the same UI engine as Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMatter View Post
Good idea. I just assumed it would be put there since the it's the same UI engine as Champions.
Well I figure so. After some thought, I'd think that any lockdown button on the bar itself is just as much in danger of being inadvertently clicked in a combat situation as it is to drag things off it accidentally. Putting it safely out of reach on the expanded bar where you drag the abilities from prevents that. (A bit like the way it runs in WoW where you lock the actionbar in the ESC Menus.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 02:50 PM
I was more thinking on the line where you select the # of hotbat(1 2 3 in smalls blue/red boxes). Less clicks and no need to open a window.

Anyway, learn to calm down on your clicking too:p