Lt. Commander
# 1 Dedication Plaque
02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Has anyone else noticed the dedication plaque on the bridge reads USS Cryptic?

Maybe I'm just being picky, but I'd like the dedication plaque to have the name of my ship on it, not the USS Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, I saw that. It was cute, but I agree. I'd rather it match my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah having those plaques be updated with our ships' names would be cool. But I'd rather have bridges be rescaled to be "typical bridge" sized not "football stadium" sized first.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Yeah that would be nice too...and the bridge of my Nova has no seat for my poor helm officer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I would like to see a customisable plaque where we can have our own ship name and some type of motto/saying on there. Also have some details like its birthing date (date it was created, stardates would be very nice) ect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 12:52 AM
"Dedicated to the sheer awesomeness of James T Kirk, may he be in the arms of some random green alien as we speak..."

i want mine to sya that
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Yeah having those plaques be updated with our ships' names would be cool. But I'd rather have bridges be rescaled to be "typical bridge" sized not "football stadium" sized first.
The captain's chair is in the middle of a concert stage! The first time I saw the bridges I immediately thought of this video because the bridge is like an open air concert stage... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlXjIg4fH74
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Cryptic already addressed why the bridges are so large compared to what you'd expect based on the movies' and series' bridges.

To have the scaled bridges, they discovered it was fairly difficult to move around. Plus, if you ever invite people to your bridge, with you, them, and your bridge officers, it easily became very crowded to the point where no one could really move around without ramming into each other or getting stuck behind consoles.

I'd rather have a larger bridge in which it's easier to move around. I think we'll get used to it - especially when they add that promised "functionality."