Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ship Dedication Plaques?
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I noticed that Admiral Quinn gives you a dedication plaque to commision your new ship each time you rank up to give to the ship requisitions officer in the ship yard. So how about letting us see them, on the bridge of our ships like they should be. With a user customisable motto. There were some great okudagram motto's in the different series and movies, so how about we get them too?

Would be nice to have it on the wall of the bridge, and when clicked on brings up a commes box like thing showing the plaque. Maybe random generate the officers reaposible for the design and engineering teams and such, or even just use the devs names. Anything, I just wanna seem my dedication plaques!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Excellent idea good sir. I completely support that idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data_angel View Post
I noticed that Admiral Quinn gives you a dedication plaque to commision your new ship each time you rank up to give to the ship requisitions officer in the ship yard. So how about letting us see them, on the bridge of our ships like they should be. With a user customisable motto. There were some great okudagram motto's in the different series and movies, so how about we get them too?

Would be nice to have it on the wall of the bridge, and when clicked on brings up a commes box like thing showing the plaque. Maybe random generate the officers reaposible for the design and engineering teams and such, or even just use the devs names. Anything, I just wanna seem my dedication plaques!!
Perhaps they could allow us (the Captain) to enter our `ready rooms` and there the plaques will be, similar to Picard's model ships as seen in his Enterprise-E ready room in `First contact`?

Though I think the doors should not be sooooo big on a bridge, sort of makes everything feel like a warehouse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Oh that's probably gonna come our way. Who knows, maybe we can even get a official commisioning cutscene for our every new ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogMaster_UK
Perhaps they could allow us (the Captain) to enter our `ready rooms` and there the plaques will be, similar to Picard's model ships as seen in his Enterprise-E ready room in `First contact`?

Though I think the doors should not be sooooo big on a bridge, sort of makes everything feel like a warehouse.
The devs have talked about maybe having trophies for accolades stored in the ready room when and if they add it.

Completely support the op. And if the Admiral really does give a plaque (I haven't payed attention) it seems likely the devs already had it planned and had to remove it. It wouldn't be the first thing they removed, they removed the voice section for boffs and some of the info for accolades. They have said both would be added in at a later date.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
BUMP!

I have always thought of that! Even came up with some cool sayings to put on them.

There isn’t much customization on the bridge, the plaque and knowing what ship you are on too would be a nice touch.

The “first command” model ship in the ready room would be even better. ...right click on model, and choose a ship from your fleet…
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Actually, some bridges do have dedication plaques on the walls. Not all of them, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Actually, some bridges do have dedication plaques on the walls. Not all of them, though.
Are you referring to this ?

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8725/ttta.jpg

Do you know how to use it ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Well, according to another thread, The plaque on those bridges read "USS Cry[ptic".
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 AM.