Lt. Commander
Hello all,

I'm an european (spanish) user that have purchased the pre-order of the game. I purchased it on steam that is a service that works in spain and in spanish, that is, is not a foreign an strange web. No one told me in steam during the purchase that there was a difference between US and EU clients.

Now i'm reading on the net that there are diferent pre-orders in europe and in US so: WTF?

I've try to contact with the steam support that told me to contact to sto support. I've contact the STO support and i have no answer, so: WTF?!

I think that the question is clear enough to get a clear answer:

THERE ARE DIFFERENT EU/US GAME CLIENTS AND SERVERS? I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH THE STEAM GAME CLIENT IN EUROPE WITH MY FELLOW SPANISH TREKIES??

Thanks all
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Democrito
Hello all,

I'm an european (spanish) user that have purchased the pre-order of the game. I purchased it on steam that is a service that works in spain and in spanish, that is, is not a foreign an strange web. No one told me in steam during the purchase that there was a difference between US and EU clients.

Now i'm reading on the net that there are diferent pre-orders in europe and in US so: WTF?

I've try to contact with the steam support that told me to contact to sto support. I've contact the STO support and i have no answer, so: WTF?!

I think that the question is clear enough to get a clear answer:

THERE ARE DIFFERENT EU/US GAME CLIENTS AND SERVERS? I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH THE STEAM GAME CLIENT IN EUROPE WITH MY FELLOW SPANISH TREKIES??

Thanks all

I'm not sure the clients are different, surely there might be a different language pack, and there are proxies in the US and EU.

The different pre orders are nothing to do with the client though, they are different because each retailer got a different set to offer for sale.

We all play together, although heavily instanced.

No te preocupe
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 12:44 AM
The clients are the same. Its just the codes issued from different retailers that unlock different pre-order bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Thank you ppl

See ya on the stars.