Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Solution to suicide pvpers
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Its a problem: running into combat without a shield to get the other team a quick kill in order to get fast XP

Solution is simple: reward participation not completion

HOWEVER: I HIGHLY recommend resetting the levels of all account holders who participated in this action back to level 1. The reason being that they have blatantly ruined the game for the rest of us and are undeserving of their current status. This will also discourage future exploiters if they see that this kind of action will be punished.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Two problems, 1. Klingons have two ways to level and gear up, and one is PvP. If they link match rewards which you need to improve your gear but make it so your contribution, which would be greatly dependent on your gear determined your rewards it would be unfair. It would create a hamster wheel for Klingons who PvP to level with the only way to get good rewards from the fight would be to "contribute" but to contribute very much would require good gear which you need the medals to get. 2. On punishing the people who are leveling by accelerating the matches, it is a. impractical and b. unfair because they aren't breaking any rules or cheating per say. You may feel they are exploiting to level faster than you, but the only reason they can do that is because they don't have to equip shields on a ship to use it, and that is developer error, and hasn't been named as an exploit by the Devs, hence perfectly acceptable behavior for the time being.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantMoreKlingons View Post
......is developer error, and hasn't been named as an exploit by the Devs, hence perfectly acceptable behavior for the time being.
Just because it is allowed doesn't make it right. Keep it up and likely Cryptic, in their usual fashion, will come down in an extreme matter on the issue. Instead of playing the game for fun, your goal is to exploit the system to your advantage.

An exploit is something that is using a regular game mechanic in a way not intended. So while it is legal or not according to the system, it is still an exploit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2010, 09:08 PM
actually theres been a dev post somewhere...cant seem to find it but more or less they are considering "punishing" those who are doing this, thus my post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2010, 09:17 PM
people are just mad cuz they want to win at all costs

if you prevent them from winning, you obviously must be

a) cheating
b) exploiting


it is only illegal IF you are exploiting a bug in the system

in this case, there is no bug in the system at all, NONE, so get over it

we get exp for losing, so we choose to make it faster

and guess what, we can do it WITH a shield too so the shield isnt the issue
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
actually theres been a dev post somewhere...cant seem to find it but more or less they are considering "punishing" those who are doing this, thus my post.
ive looked, and there has been no such post made(i just checked 3 days worth of dev posts, NOTHING)


ill look again to humor you though, but trust me, i dont think they are gonna punish anyone for using the system in a way that doesnt break any rules
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post
ive looked, and there has been no such post made


ill look again to humor you though, but trust me, i dont think they are gonna punish anyone for using the system in a way that doesnt break any rules
youre new to cryptic games arent you...for all their NUMEROUS flaws: unlike some mmo publishers if they look at something objectively and feel its causing a disservice to the majority of their players (which this IS), theyll take action...and no i cant find it either, i think the player post the dev posted in is gone...so go ahead and continue doing it, its not like im trying to scare you into not doing it, im just going to be laughing my ass off when you get punished and rolling on the floor if its a level reset
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement0
youre new to cryptic games arent you...for all their NUMEROUS flaws: unlike some mmo publishers if they look at something objectively and feel its causing a disservice to the majority of their players (which this IS), theyll take action...and no i cant find it either, i think the player post the dev posted in is gone...so go ahead and continue doing it, its not like im trying to scare you into not doing it, im just going to be laughing my ass off when you get punished and rolling on the floor if its a level reset
dev posts dont usualy mysteriously disappear, and unfortunately, im on here too much for my own good and i pretty much regularly check the dev tracker

and theres been nothing about it

as i said, i can do this WITH my shields on too, they arent gonna punish someone for losing on purpose
they will just change the reward for losing(i am familiar with cryptic games and i saw what happened on CO with such things that were happening, NO ONE got banned, the stuff just got nerfed)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-03-2010, 09:27 PM
When PVP was 15 kills it was pretty fun. you would go in and have a nice battle and a good time, then it was over. Now, it takes 40 kills. buy 20 I am tired of the map, even more so if my team is not working together and just running solo into the enemy. It just becomes less fun at that point.

The devs should have just made the matches worth less points instead of making them 40 kills. They would last the same amount of time they did in beta but you would get less points for them accomplishing the same goal the devs were trying to get. slower leveling (my assumption). To me, that is a better solution then dragging the matches on with 40 kills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutis78 View Post
When PVP was 15 kills it was pretty fun. you would go in and have a nice battle and a good time, then it was over. Now, it takes 40 kills. buy 20 I am tired of the map, even more so if my team is not working together and just running solo into the enemy. It just becomes less fun at that point.

The devs should have just made the matches worth less points instead of making them 40 kills. They would last the same amount of time they did in beta but you would get less points for them accomplishing the same goal the devs were trying to get. slower leveling (my assumption). To me, that is a better solution then dragging the matches on with 40 kills.
dont think you realize whats being talked about

its only ground fights that are 40 kills

space is still 15


also, you guys want a real exploit, you should see what i just found.....(im not using it, and ive reported it, but there is something)

remember, exploits are bugs that are abused
not game mechanics that are legit
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:23 PM.