Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
you are talking about the first few moths for goodness sake - it hasn't been a week for STO yet!
Did you even read my post? You obviously failed to grasp the point of it.

WoW had almost a year to put in high end raid content. I wouldn't give STO any less time than that and I know for certain that they are actually working on releasing some soon. That wasn't my criticism.

My point was that WoW added almost no content below level 55, even to this day. They might have fixed some bugs and tweaked the difficulty but the entire structure and meat of the content was already there and working.

People seem to be asking Cryptic to add things, more content in low levels, change drastic development choices in the over all game itself, ect. WoW never had a problem with content. That's why people stayed.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Actually, yes, that does make me feel a lot better - makes me wonder why you are still posting here though?
Bordem, insomnia, procrastination, and a general overall curiousness to what people are thinking of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostar
Ok...maybe I should have said content wise when the game became stable. I did mention that the game was down...I didn't get all the errors that the editor of that article recieved. I simply could not login for a week. So, like everyone I waited. I logged back in and framerate was choppy in sections...but, there was CONTENT! And in the day and age when MMORPG's was a new thing, it was not so bad in hindsight and after being around the MMO block dozens of times over.

In hindsight AO'a launch did not show us it's current potential. Once the game became playable it had content. Sure, I can login to STO and only sometimes (mostly when loaing into Sol System) have to spend over 15 minutes on a load screen, but I'm still playing a game where I can experience all of it's current content, and baby, there's not much of it...and where it's at, it's restricted until you have a mission there that's just like the missions you've done before.
AO was very content light until they released the expansions. Its unfair of you to say STO has less content. To say that STO's launch is worse then AO in terms of content is false. I remember running around in RUBI KA and how people hardly had anything to do except for grinding mobs. Quests were few and didn't offer any level progressions. The only way to level was kill thousands of mobs over and over again.

When Notum wars expansion was released players had an option to PVP and take break from usual mob camping and grinding. I know you dislike STO but please stop giving false information to prove your point.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Thing is man, getting to Captain so quickly means that you are spending a huge amount of time in game - your average gamer is on average lvl 10-15. The game simply isnt challenging enough that If you and I were playing for the same amount of time we wouldn't be much closer in rank - although i'll admit im no super gamer.
Lets see, I'm working.. watching movies I get from Netflix. Playing Mass Effect 2, Assisins Creed 2, and STO.. just splitting my time between them.. and yet I still somehow managed to level super fast?

How? I did every mission, patrol, and defense.. ONCE.. just once with a little PvP mixed in for the extra SP's. People are "Wasting" a lot of time "farming" quests and fleet actions etc.. for "Energy Credits" and "loot" or what have you and forgetting that in a few more hours gameplay they are gonna out level whatever is they just bought.. and will then want to "Grind" out gear again..

I also DONT group unless for some reason I got tossed into an Auto-Group.. nothing will waste your time faster then standing around LFG or.. once your in a grounp standing around LFM.. Every mission in the game can be solo'd.. I know because I have done it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
AO was very content light until they released the expansions. Its unfair of you to say STO has less content. To say that STO's launch is worse then AO in terms of content is false. I remember running around in RUBI KA and how people hardly had anything to do except for grinding mobs. Quests were few and didn't offer any level progressions. The only way to level was kill thousands of mobs over and over again.

When Notum wars expansion was released players had an option to PVP and take break from usual mob camping and grinding. I know you dislike STO but please stop giving false information to prove your point.
**** was my most treasured MMO experience ever. It had about a total of 5 or 6 quests for 50 levels. :p

You kids are so spoiled these days.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
**** was my most treasured MMO experience ever. It had about a total of 5 or 6 quests for 50 levels. :p

You kids are so spoiled these days.
Its a PVP game, you don't need that many quests to level up
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
Bordem, insomnia, procrastination, and a general overall curiousness to what people are thinking of the game.
And the opportunity to complain about something that really doesn't matter to you anymore - lets not forget that
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Quote:

I'm not trying to prove a point here. It is a fact that AO launched during more forgivable times for MMO's to launch since there was not nearly as much of a competitive market. WoW's launch came in an era when we saw the MMO market really come alive. Now, we have nearly thousands of choices of how to spend our gaming time, and such an underdeveloped launch (i.e: You've rolled a Klingon Empire toon, right?) is unforgivable.

I love the Star Trek universe and I really want to see it change for the better...that is why I have made more constructive posts in the past...this one was made at 3am...after a long night of frustration of being in a buggy mission after a buggy mission while exploring the uncharted systems.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
Lets see, I'm working.. watching movies I get from Netflix. Playing Mass Effect 2, Assisins Creed 2, and STO.. just splitting my time between them.. and yet I still somehow managed to level super fast?

How? I did every mission, patrol, and defense.. ONCE.. just once with a little PvP mixed in for the extra SP's. People are "Wasting" a lot of time "farming" quests and fleet actions etc.. for "Energy Credits" and "loot" or what have you and forgetting that in a few more hours gameplay they are gonna out level whatever is they just bought.. and will then want to "Grind" out gear again..

I also DONT group unless for some reason I got tossed into an Auto-Group.. nothing will waste your time faster then standing around LFG or.. once your in a grounp standing around LFM.. Every mission in the game can be solo'd.. I know because I have done it.
Look at the ingame stats - you have levelled way above average. Maybe you are just a real good gamer.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Its a PVP game, you don't need that many quests to level up
**** was only a PvP game once you hit 50. Before then going out into the RvR zones was basically suicide.

Unless you're talking about all the changes they made to give XP for PvP in the lower battle grounds. If that's the case I'll still taunt you for not playing it within the first 3 or so years it was out. :p

I leveled a Scout from 1 to 50 from pure grinding. We would make groups of 8 just to go into a dungeon and farm from specific places. Hours upon hours of killing the same things over and over for XP/loot. Ahhh ... those were the days!