Lt. Commander
# 1 KHAAAAAN!!! Uniform
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Went and picked up my Gamestop preorder today, got home , logged in and started the tutorial... got to the part where you choose your first crew member and put them in uniform... so i skip everything and go straight to the uniform choice.. I then happily scroll down and proceed to choose the Wrath of Khan Uniform, which my avatar is already wearing. As i click on it, it does not apply, so i try again... again it does not apply to the crewman... so i try another choice.. success. but alas.. wrong uniform, so i try the wrath of khan uniform once more.... FAIL! i follow up by asking zone chat... no one knows.... i try again to apply it. nothin, noway, nohow. i follow this up by writing this thread and cursing. My first impression of this game is the need to turn it off. I would also like to know who thought up the AWESOME idea of having quest/mission pop-pup windows go active during combat.. smooth move... also to be honest... center screen pop-up window = stupid. I feel like i'm using vista on day one. Sorry for the abrasive words... but i paid for something, and didn't even get past the tutorial before finding a stupid glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 03:59 PM
I think the uniform is just for the player not the BOffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
You paid for a game, and got a bonus.

Aside from understanding that, it's buggy atm. It'll get sorted.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandDog
It isn't a glitch the WoK uniform is only for the player not BOffs.
Its a glitch that effects ALL bonus uniforms. Not just the WoK uniform. You cannot put TNG Series, TOS or DS9 uniforms on boffs either.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
It's a bug for all bonus uniforms on Bridge Officers. Devs are aware of it and are working on a fix.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 04:08 PM
that is stupid if my CREW cant wear the proper uniform that the captain of the ship is wearing... just dumb. I think i want my money back. I only preordered to get the uniform for my crew.. the others are kinda ugly... well... bad taste at the begining of a new game... yay 50 dollar dvd case and a new cd coaster.. wise investment.. thank you,,, your welcome bye now
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 04:09 PM
one day someone will not rush the work they are doing and do a job worth doing:p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
it is a bug they are working on
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole Munk
that is stupid if my CREW cant wear the proper uniform that the captain of the ship is wearing... just dumb. I think i want my money back. I only preordered to get the uniform for my crew.. the others are kinda ugly... well... bad taste at the begining of a new game... yay 50 dollar dvd case and a new cd coaster.. wise investment.. thank you,,, your welcome bye now
Oh chill out. Apparently I was wrong. First I heard of the issue, surprised more people haven't come one here asking about it. Pepsiman says the Devs know about it and are working on it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole Munk
Seriously? I can't tell if this is serious... somebody help me out.

From the sound of it, you bought the game just for a uniform? Seriously? Are you just gonna spend your time in character creation rotating your avatar to see the uniform from all angles or something?

Here's a thought though... you could always just, y'know, play the game until the bug is sorted?