Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
Why are you playing an M ->M<- ORPG then?

For the same reason that those you call "carebears" do. You said it yourself :

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver
a) Casuals ("carebears") who want to relax and enjoy. Will play mostly solo or in relaxed group mode
Soooooo, now carebears have the right to play solo and I don't ? Are you kidding or are you kidding ? Your suggestion is pure bull$hit, I rest my case.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 03:56 AM
I am very glad that Cryptic is calling the shots and not posters like the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
I am very glad that Cryptic is calling the shots and not posters like the OP.
I don't see the problem with my proposal. Nothing would be taken away from you, but real players could get their piece as well, not only the carebears ("casuals").
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
I don't see the problem with my proposal. Nothing would be taken away from you, but real players could get their piece as well, not only the carebears ("casuals").
"Real players"? Haha, you're ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 04:07 AM
The game is so easy it actually feels like an insult.

I dont know if you people who think its "good" or "fine as it is" are suffering from some mental handicap, and im sorry if you do, but most people play games to get a challenge and are not afraid of using their brains... not just progress from A to B like a zombie.

Also, there is no death penalty, making all kinds of immersion go out the window. Why help people? Why try to stay alive? Why heal? Why care at all? Nothing matters.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Because people level up in different speeds - so mostly you would only get pugs. And pugs are usually terribad, you can't (for example) go for more advanced tactics with them, because that requires knowing each other, etc...
I havn't pugged since the start of the game, and only played solo untill I reached Lieutenant rank. You think you know how other people play, but you don't. Just give up.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
The "problem" with your proposal is that it's permeated with this erroneous elitist mentality; the same mentality to divides and eventually ruins communities.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securion View Post
The game is so easy it actually feels like an insult.

I dont know if you people who think its "good" or "fine as it is" are suffering from some mental handicap, and im sorry if you do, but most people play games to get a challenge and are not afraid of using their brains... not just progress from A to B like a zombie.

Also, there is no death penalty, making all kinds of immersion go out the window. Why help people? Why try to stay alive? Why heal? Why care at all? Nothing matters.
The game becomes significantly harder once you reach Commander rank. You'll notice that as you approach Captain, the enemy ships wil continue to increase in difficulty with each step. You'll begin to see them use interesting abilities in addition to increased damage output.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincire View Post
The game becomes significantly harder once you reach Commander rank. You'll notice that as you approach Captain, the enemy ships wil continue to increase in difficulty with each step. You'll begin to see them use interesting abilities in addition to increased damage output.
Agreed. However, I think that there needs to be a "reasonable" but effective DP (I won't go into reasons, which have been discussed on other threads).

As for the OP, sorry but I didn't even bother to read his post considering his use of the term "carebear" and his sig. Both of which are incorrect and show a complete lack of respect and a heavy amount of ignorance. Therefore, the OP is doing nothing but trolling in order to incite emotion and is not worth my time in debating with him.