Lt. Commander
look guys

as good as the idea with the defens batterie is but you kinda defeated its purpose by makin it a console

we dont have enough space for consoles anyway

it should have been a DEVICE so that ya can put it in those slots and whoever had the idea to make it into a console has just plain and simple not thought this through

so please change the console into a Device that we can use it in this way

(should be easy, just change type into device and reinstall into ship) 5 minutes work for some1 who knows what he does, hope you guys at cryptic have hired some1 like that by now

well im sure this post will get ignored by cryptic as all the other good ideas ppl had but well im writing it anyway

see ya in the game

Achuta
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achuta View Post
look guys

as good as the idea with the defens batterie is but you kinda defeated its purpose by makin it a console

we dont have enough space for consoles anyway

it should have been a DEVICE so that ya can put it in those slots and whoever had the idea to make it into a console has just plain and simple not thought this through

so please change the console into a Device that we can use it in this way

(should be easy, just change type into device and reinstall into ship) 5 minutes work for some1 who knows what he does, hope you guys at cryptic have hired some1 like that by now

well im sure this post will get ignored by cryptic as all the other good ideas ppl had but well im writing it anyway

see ya in the game

Achuta
Please don't, it is great as a console. A quick search would have shown that many people do not agree with your supposedly "good idea" isn't loved by everyone.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...efense+battery
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
I think its one of the best preorder items. I haven't been hit by a plasma torpedo since equipping it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 05:54 PM
why i dont wanna change the effects the thing has, i just wanna plug it into a device slot, that i have the consoleslot free for something usefull

dont get me wrong i rly like the defense battrie but its takin up a slot thats not made for it

change it to weapon slot or device, but please not console

Achuta
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
why i dont wanna change the effects the thing has, i just wanna plug it into a device slot, that i have the consoleslot free for something usefull

dont get me wrong i rly like the defense battrie but its takin up a slot thats not made for it

Achuta

1. It's a preorder bonus -- it isn't supposed to be the best thing in the world.
2. It is one of the better preorder bonuses, and having it as a console instead of a device means you have to replace a console you would otherwise use. That's on purpose! It's a give and take situation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwynd View Post
Please don't, it is great as a console. A quick search would have shown that many people do not agree with your supposedly "good idea" isn't loved by everyone.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...efense+battery
yeah i disagree with the OP

this thing is great, it will shoot mines as they approach, and while the cooldown is too long to get all the mines it will still cut down on the number hitting you, it will take out some of the boarding party shuttles, it will kill the power syphon shuttles too. all without you having to switch targets.

good job on this cryptic! leave it as is.

as others have said it is one of the better preorder bonus items, and if it went in a device slot rather then a console slot it would be over powered, as it stands there is balance since we lose a console to it
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 05:57 PM
It's awesome, boarding parties are no longer a problem, i can focus on the main ship and ignore them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:

Achuta
its in a tactical slot? its a device that is essentialy a point defence tactic... so its in the right slot

if your going to advcate a slot change, a weapon slot would make more sense as it is essentially a weapon...your lucky its not in a weapons slot really, it so easily could have been...and sooo many people would have moaned about that

if you dont want it, can i have it? pretty please......
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durwood View Post
I think its one of the best preorder items. I haven't been hit by a plasma torpedo since equipping it.
I agree. I like it just the way it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Although I like the item, and don't mind it the way it is... I also wouldn't mind it being changed to a device... or being changed to a "universal" console slot item.

As it is, device slots are jokes. Cruisers are totted as having "the most device slots!" and guess what you can put in them, batteries which share a 5 min cooldown and last for 8 seconds.

Seriously?

Oh, you can put the non combat, showy Shuttle pet from Del Taco in one of your device slots...