Lt. Commander
I have a question. In Star trek, the people always do crazy things, but one of the craziest is possibly ejecting the core! Can you in fact eject you own warp core in game? They do this quite frequently in TNG and it would only seem reasonable if we had the ability to do this in game! So can we?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Mmmmmmm... they don't do it THAT frequently. They talk about it a HELL of a lot! But I think I've only seen it done once or twice.

It's not really simulated in game but if you want to you can drag your impulse engines from your ship to your inventory. Or just delete them and float in space until the Devs introduce space tugs. Sorry, that's the closest comparison I can come up with!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Even crazier, at Captain 3 everyone gets the ability to Abandon Ship and self-destruct it in order to damage nearby enemies.

But other than an early mission where you're rescuing people from a ship with a warp core about to blow that can't be ejected, I haven't seen any references to that sort of thing.

Edit: Oh, and even if you do for some reason lose your engines, you can still move around... albeit veeeeery slowly. Maneuvering thrusters I'd guess.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:44 AM
theres no warp core eject, probably wont ever be. but you can set yourself to auto destruct with abandon ship and then ram into the enemy fleet, between the collision damage and the core breach theyll notice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Yay! Close enough for me!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Seeing as ejecting the warp core would leave you stranded in space until somebody could reach you and tractor beam you away, I doubt we will ever see it in STO. You can, though, self destruct your ship, which is a manouver much more used in the series (both attempted and effectively brought to an end).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 03:52 AM
awww. Well... Maybe it's unlocked at admiral!