Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 03:10 AM
TBH rating on a site like MMOrpg are nothing if you are playing any game you enjoy then its all fine.

I enjoy playing this game and will continue to play and see it grow and improve like a great wine it will improve with age and all the QQ people will be back when it does improve.

This game has the potential to grow and improve which im sure they will do as the company`s behind it are in buisness and want to see it become a great game.

No im not deluded and im not prasing cryptic the game does have flaws but it is still changing and improving on a aily basis and persoannly md willing to see where the road with this game takes me and see how it developes over time.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
MMORPG.com is a fickle community. They're all about hyping a game up and tearing it down on release.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJarate
uhh... thats a vote/hype rating, not an actual review rating. sooooooo... i don't see how it "not being hyped up for mooks" hampers the gameplay in any way. if anything this game not being tailored for the kind of dregs that suck on WoW teat is nice. we don't need barrens chat filth floating about here.
It is the review rating. After it's released the Hype rating is removed and replaced by the review rating.

You have to fill in different ratings, like graphics, value, gameplay, sound, customer service, etc. And you can add a comment to your review rating.

Jer
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abriael_CG
MMORPG.com is filled with trolls who spend the whole day posting flames against any game and think they are influencing other people's opinion with their drivels.
edit- So, I take it you simply lurk these boards then...otherwise how would you know so much about MMORPG's community and not participate lest you become a troll as well?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Even when a game is dying like Champions Online is right now, fanbois tell you that the game is the next WOW killer.

Try to suggest improvements ? You're flamed by the fanbois.
Try to report a bug ? You're flamed by the fanbois.
Dare complaining about a billing issue ? You're flamed by the fanbois.

In a nutshell, anyone trying to tell something to the devs will be flamed to death, preventing any usefull feedbacks. Fanbois, proudly killing MMOs since UO.
Whats to prevent de devs from reading only the good comments? I dont understand, a lot of people on these forums deal in absolutes as a definition for whats wrong or whats going to happen (NEVER, ALWAYS). God thats annoying.
Someone should coin an antonym for fanboys (if its not already done). If you feel like suggesting stuff go right ahead. Dont stop because someone you have never met will say something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 03:19 AM
They (MMORPP.com) have a bit of a credibility problem going on there, really.

Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 03:21 AM
meh, Gamespot and IGN have a 7.2+ review of the game, so thats saying something for the MMORPG people.

I love the game.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostar
edit- So, I take it you simply lurk these boards then...otherwise how would you know so much about MMORPG's community and not participate lest you become a troll as well?
You should read the forum-guidelines 8)

Btw. I do play STO and so far have a good time and hardly posts on forums. But since it's maintenance....

And yes i do read mmorpg.com for the official news messages from studio's and developers. The forums over there are filled with hatred and comical tin foil hat theories (Read the STO forums for instance)
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenica View Post
MMORPG.com is a fickle community. They're all about hyping a game up and tearing it down on release.
Nail on the head.

Perhaps someone could start quoting X Fire stats too? Then I could ask my gran what she thinks and we'd have the complete picture..
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 03:26 AM
This rating isn't accurately representative of everybody playing or who has played STO. It comes from just about anybody who get on their site and rates the game without all the information. I can go on there right now and hype up any game or downgrade any game and have nothing more than my oh so considerable opinion to base my score on.

So visitors to MMORPG rated STO under 6. This does not reflect any actual dissatisfaction on the part of those playing currently or may have participated in any of the beta test phases. Plus, they only counted 82 votes, not 8200 or 82000, so don't go giving too much credence to the rating. It will change as more and more people go on the site and rate the game.

BTW, I rated it a 9.3. So that should boosts it score to....5.5. A .1 jump. Hooray for STO, hehe.