Lt. Commander
One should think goldselling was a thing of the past and that game-companies by now had learned how to counter this. Apparently only one company have more than three braincells and have succeded in a very simple way....

So here is what you do Cryptic:

Make it impossible for trial-accounts to send tells or mails.

Very simple, but VERY effective
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Edit: Removed. Please do not post the username, messages or IRL from the Goldseller advertising.

Ive got 4 of these in my messages so far.

Please add a report spam button Cryptic.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Are there STO trials available? (except for the ones included in the Collectors edition)

I think not, so it seems a bit pricey for the gold sellers to spam and get their account banned atm.

Nevertheless they ARE here

PS: just report them, dont make publicity on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:20 AM
just checked and i got 13 messages in PM box from gold sellers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhoko View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
There is a report spam. When recieving a mail, there is a button, when seeing spam in chat, right click on name and choose report spam.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolgothir View Post
Apparently only one company have more than three braincells and have succeded in a very simple way...
I'm interested in knowing which company this is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
MMO currency farming is a multi-million dollar industry in itself. How much money do you think Cryptic is putting up to fight them? I can understand the lack of Klingon content, no crafting system worth a poop, and warp being represented by that joke they call sector space, oh and the overuse of MMO immersion killing instancing, this I can all understand due to a game being rushed out to make deadlines. But goldsellers?(who cares if they sell engery credits, currency is currency) This should have been a forseen development, tools for players should have been built in game, not tacking on a report player feature as an after thought. Not to mention I'm still receiving the same messages from the same reported players. So if this is happening in a months time still, I personally will move on to something else.

I'm getting 2-3 emails daily from the creeps. Measures to stop these arses need to be built into the game, we need a rapid way to report gold sellers which flags them to someone whose sole job is to stomp these vermin out.

We are paying lots of money for this game, you are about to make a grip from all the fans, Cryptic, please make this happen and nip it in the bud fast.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolgothir View Post
One should think goldselling was a thing of the past and that game-companies by now had learned how to counter this. Apparently only one company have more than three braincells and have succeded in a very simple way....

So here is what you do Cryptic:

Make it impossible for trial-accounts to send tells or mails.

Very simple, but VERY effective
That accomplishes exactly one thing: makes the gold sellers hack more accounts. Since most of the viruses/trojans/etc. right now that steal account information are written by the gold sellers, this is a serious issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooShoo View Post
I'm interested in knowing which company this is.
Codemasters : LOTRO
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
I'm getting 2-3 emails daily from the creeps. Measures to stop these arses need to be built into the game, we need a rapid way to report gold sellers which flags them to someone whose sole job is to stomp these vermin out.
Good thing Cryptic added that before launch, then. Or had you not noticed the "report spam" button in your email, that deletes the mail, alerts Cryptic, and puts the person's account on your ignore list across all Cryptic games and forums?