Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolgothir View Post
Codemasters : LOTRO
There are still gold sellers in LotRO, though not many and they weed them out moderately fast.

The best job I've seen was in Warhammer Online. Those guys went after gold sellers with a vengeance. They're still there, but they are not many of them (at least that was my last experience before I took a break).
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
That accomplishes exactly one thing: makes the gold sellers hack more accounts. Since most of the viruses/trojans/etc. right now that steal account information are written by the gold sellers, this is a serious issue.
Of course it will not stop just by making tell and mail impossible, there is also other work to be done hidden.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2010, 04:34 AM
Ok, my only complaint here is that, since the website mail and the in game mail are linked, you can't report someone as a spammer here at the site and have him /ignored online.

But I DO appreciate the one-click-spam-report-and-ignore button for in-game chat. VERY helpful

LCMR KE Lindemann
Captain
USS Bismarck NCC 91941
Battle Squadron 11
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezzir View Post
There are still gold sellers in LotRO.

The best job I've seen was in Warhammer Online. Those guys went after gold sellers with a vengeance. They're still there, but they are not many of them (at least that was my last experience before I took a break).
I have played LOTRO for a long time and have only seen 1 goldspammer in all that time. No you can not stop them completely, but it is still a very effective way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2010, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Good thing Cryptic added that before launch, then. Or had you not noticed the "report spam" button in your email, that deletes the mail, alerts Cryptic, and puts the person's account on your ignore list across all Cryptic games and forums?
Learn to read. I already pointed out that it was added in, added in as an after thought. So it's not even a good system in the first place. And the same people that were spamming me 3 days ago are spamming me today. It should be somebodys only job to deal with and investigate these jerks, that's not happening as of yet. Learn to comprehend before you go spouting off nonsense.

Fail troll is very fail tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2010, 04:51 AM
/whitelist_chat <goldseller website>

This at least removes the spam in your chatbox.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I have a mailbox full of credit seller spam
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey folks,

We're working on several things to help curtail the gold sellers.

Please be patient while we get them all in place.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey folks,

We're working on several things to help curtail the gold sellers.

Please be patient while we get them all in place.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Ban the buyers too, ban any account that has any kind of in game transaction with these guys.

So long as there are buyers there will be sellers. Remove their food please.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
And remember, cryptic can't tell you what they're going to do or it'll be basically giving the gold sellers the 411 also.