Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhoko View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea.

Really good thing to remember.. Don't post the actual scumbags website in the forums... that's basically giving them 'free advertisement."

Saith
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
The gold sellers are almost certainly using headstart accounts. Don't expect this to even slow down until headstart forgiveness ends.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Funny part is .... there is no gold in STO.

Just a thought ...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolgothir View Post
One should think goldselling was a thing of the past and that game-companies by now had learned how to counter this. Apparently only one company have more than three braincells and have succeded in a very simple way....

So here is what you do Cryptic:

Make it impossible for trial-accounts to send tells or mails.

Very simple, but VERY effective
to my knowledge.. there are not trial accounts at this time...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I also get a few of these every day but as long as Cryptic are aware of this im sure they will try their best to get rid of them. I have played Final Fantasy 11 pretty much from launch and there are still gill sellers on there, as it was when i played everquest, this kind of game its pretty much impossible to be completely rid of them.

What i dont get though, the people who use the service...i mean paying for a game, then paying for a subscription and then paying these creeps to play the game for you, whats the point? I always thought the point of a game was to play it and enjoy the rewards you earn!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion310 View Post
Funny part is .... there is no gold in STO.

Just a thought ...
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, but the practice originated with gold selling in other games and the name stuck, just like everyone calls tissue paper Kleenex.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, but the practice originated with gold selling in other games and the name stuck, just like everyone calls tissue paper Kleenex.
Or like in this country every Vacum Cleaner is called a Hoover ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStreaker
Learn to read. I already pointed out that it was added in, added in as an after thought.
The report/ignore system is a factor of the Champions engine - thus, it is, and always has been, a part of STO. This is hardly an afterthought added in at the last moment. In fact, it's actually completely the opposite.

It would be preferable, though, if the report button could somehow be added to the forum mail system too. I can understand why this may be a very difficult thing to engineer, but it'd make life simpler all around in the long run.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2010, 11:22 AM
for now... I went to my user CP and simply blocked all messages that do not originate from a friend or a moderator.

not a clean solution, but it's not like I'm Mr. Popular getting PM's and game mail. seems to be working.. my spam message a day wasn't there this morning and has remained clear all day.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinKagato View Post
Or like in this country every Vacum Cleaner is called a Hoover ^_^
Or how we think all goldfarmers are chinese. I personally think they are the Taliban funding their war effort.