Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
two is almost too much, but 3, omg..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
two is almost too much, but 3, omg..
One cannon specialist. One Torp specialist. One Beam specialist. and each having a peppering of attack patterns...

Silly Wabbit.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2010, 03:41 AM
Tatical team is very useful. Then just take a torp yield and weapon of choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Tatical team is very useful. Then just take a torp yield and weapon of choice.
yes, and all that you can have in 1, maybe 2 for better tac team TAC BOs

but 3 is just pointless
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
yes, and all that you can have in 1, maybe 2 for better tac team TAC BOs

but 3 is just pointless
No it isn't all the attack pattern options make it highly desirable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:25 AM
well its pointless having more than 2 patterns as they share a global cd
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-04-2010, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ulogy View Post
well its pointless having more than 2 patterns as they share a global cd
Of course because having more options in what you are buffing and debuffing with those patterns is of course utterly pointless...like having the pattern that debuffs the damage your target is doing to its target to help your Cruiser buddy live longer,

* Attack pattern Alpha: Attack Pattern Alpha increases the damage of your weapons, and improves your turning rate.
* Attack Pattern Beta
* Attack Pattern Delta: Attack Pattern Delta targets an allied ship. Any ship that attacks your ally will recieve a stacking damage resistance debuff.
* Attack Pattern Omega
* Beam Array: Fire at Will: Fire at Will improves your next beam array attack. The Bridge Officer fires your beam weapons at multiple targets of their choice.
* Beam Array: Overload: improves your next beam array attack. Overloading your beam weapon delivers an extremely powerful blast, but drains weapon power and briefly takes your beam weapons offline. Only the energy type you Overload will go offline - so if you Overload your Phasers, all Phasers will go offline and not your Plasma weapons.
* Cannon: Rapid Fire
* Cannon: Scatter Volley
* Dispersal Pattern Alpha[Mines]: Improves your next mine attack. Lays a series of mine clusters behind your ship
* Dispersal Pattern Beta[Mines]
* Go Down Fighting
* Security Team
* Target Auxiliary Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains Aux power and has a chance to take the targets auxiliary system offline.
* Target Engines Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains engine power and has a chance to take the targets engines system offline.
* Target Shields Subsystems: Improves your next next beam array attack. Instructs your officer to target enemy shields. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains the target's shield power and has a chance to take target's shields offline.
* Target Weapons Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains weapon power and has a chance to take the targets weapon system offline.
* Torpedo: High Yield: Deals massive damage, but they can be destroyed before they reach the target


Look at all those options... and yes being able to target subsystems is very powerful..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 04:40 AM
attack pattern aplha doesnt share a cooldown with the other 3, and really the only 2 fesible ones for a group is beta and omega unless you are running with 2 tacts and one gets beta and the other gets delta, although delta is kind of pointless as you should only be focusing on one target anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
Of course because having more options in what you are buffing and debuffing with those patterns is of course utterly pointless...like having the pattern that debuffs the damage your target is doing to its target to help your Cruiser buddy live longer,

* Attack pattern Alpha: Attack Pattern Alpha increases the damage of your weapons, and improves your turning rate.
* Attack Pattern Beta
* Attack Pattern Delta: Attack Pattern Delta targets an allied ship. Any ship that attacks your ally will recieve a stacking damage resistance debuff.
* Attack Pattern Omega
* Beam Array: Fire at Will: Fire at Will improves your next beam array attack. The Bridge Officer fires your beam weapons at multiple targets of their choice.
* Beam Array: Overload: improves your next beam array attack. Overloading your beam weapon delivers an extremely powerful blast, but drains weapon power and briefly takes your beam weapons offline. Only the energy type you Overload will go offline - so if you Overload your Phasers, all Phasers will go offline and not your Plasma weapons.
* Cannon: Rapid Fire
* Cannon: Scatter Volley
* Dispersal Pattern Alpha[Mines]: Improves your next mine attack. Lays a series of mine clusters behind your ship
* Dispersal Pattern Beta[Mines]
* Go Down Fighting
* Security Team
* Target Auxiliary Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains Aux power and has a chance to take the targets auxiliary system offline.
* Target Engines Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains engine power and has a chance to take the targets engines system offline.
* Target Shields Subsystems: Improves your next next beam array attack. Instructs your officer to target enemy shields. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains the target's shield power and has a chance to take target's shields offline.
* Target Weapons Subsystems: Improves the Beam attack. This attack deals normal damage, but also drains weapon power and has a chance to take the targets weapon system offline.
* Torpedo: High Yield: Deals massive damage, but they can be destroyed before they reach the target


Look at all those options... and yes being able to target subsystems is very powerful..
if you use cannos, there is no point to half of this skills tho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2010, 04:52 AM
oh and "Go Down FIghting" is a captain skill you get at lvl 38 not a BO
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26 PM.