Career Officer
# 11
02-11-2014, 07:10 PM
this has been asked for repeatedly over and over again (many times by me I'm proud to admit), but not for just a weekend, bring them back for good!

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Captain
# 12
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Bad Idea? How so? Not like anyone is asking to replace the current STFs, just people wanting the old ones back and have a classic raid-esque experience with a team of their friends.

So people have an option. Go with the queues, or group up and go spend a few hours in the old ones. And if they do bring them back, perhaps some nice rare chance at some unique drops would pique interest in people doing them once in a while.
Also, terradome was fun.
Support more story content in STO
Career Officer
# 13
02-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Also, terradome was fun.
yeah it was! WHOOOOOO

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Career Officer
# 14
02-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Part of the fun of the game for me was putting ships and teams together for missions. Leading a group of guys through who have never been before, looking at their builds and equipment tweaking everything to perfection then going in.

I like having someone lead the team and give instruction that have to be followed to the letter. If a mission fails then u know u need to do better because every mission in this game is easily beatable with the the proper team, equipment and training.
Captain
# 15
02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaborg View Post
Part of the fun of the game for me was putting ships and teams together for missions. Leading a group of guys through who have never been before, looking at their builds and equipment tweaking everything to perfection then going in.

I like having someone lead the team and give instruction that have to be followed to the letter. If a mission fails then u know u need to do better because every mission in this game is easily beatable with the the proper team, equipment and training.
Not only that. I liked it to take an evening for "playing sto" making appointments and beeing busy with beating this one b*** of a mission even if it took 6 hours.

Ok that was not the case with the stfs in the end, but when they were new, on the first runs, it was long and fun solving them.

The current ones are just fast food.
Career Officer
# 16
02-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Also, terradome was fun.
Indeed. Still crack up at the coin flipping part.

People in the group were so fixated on looking for the coin flip, that you do the coin flip emote, people would think you was the NPC.
Captain
# 17
02-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Indeed. Still crack up at the coin flipping part.

People in the group were so fixated on looking for the coin flip, that you do the coin flip emote, people would think you was the NPC.
THERE IT IS THERE IT IS THERE.... Oh just you again.
I never got tired of doing that....
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanomorph View Post
Go play Terradome (if it still exists in-game) to get an idea of why this is a supremely Bad Idea.
You must be joking......... That was the best mission in the game...
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 19
02-11-2014, 07:43 PM
I would love to see the longer old-style STFs return (perhaps with increased difficulty), along with random loot chance at MKXII STF gear. It would make for both a nice throwback for older players, and a sort-of-alternative to the current rep grind.
----
Career Officer
# 20
02-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanomorph View Post
Go play Terradome (if it still exists in-game) to get an idea of why this is a supremely Bad Idea.
Give it good rewards, for a start, and players will invariably flock to it and figure out how to best it.
----