Career Officer
# 21
02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaborg View Post
I would like to see the old stf's return. The stf's that are up now are way to quick and easy for a lot of players that have been around for a long time.

The old ones would not replace the new ones but would be able to be run like they used to by picking up the mission and going to the planet with your team.

I am wondering if anyone else is feeling the same.

For the love of God no.

First, you had to know what you were doing before you went in. And even then it was at least 2 hours (if not more) for each.

Finding a team fr them was insanely difficult, even with the chat channel and zone invites. Then, if one person changes their mind and decides to leave, the rest would be screwed. Yes, the old STFs required everyone to play or the whole mission was a failure. So, if one guy takes off early, the rest would follow. I think it was called cascade quitting, or something similar.

Worst of all, after hours of play and many MANY rezes, there was only ONE drop at the end. We all had to roll for the [Borg} proc weapon. And back then, those were some of the best in the game.

Now, with the power creep and lockbox ships and whatnot, I tend not to do STFs at all. I have a C-Store ship fully geared, and I've been asked by teams to leave so they could play without my old ship in their way (that was paraphrased). The only way to win now is with the most OP ships in game and all universal consoles. Let's not forget the purple MKXII gear. Anything blue isn't good enough for the gear grinders, unless it's a Plasmonic Leech or something.

SO...I can't say I agree with you. As it is, I despise the forced teaming dynamic as it is. I think true end game content should be playable by solo players and have the option of teaming (like the rest of the game).
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I NEW!}<->{Other Risa}
Republic Veteran
# 22
02-11-2014, 08:08 PM
The old STF's were only good for people like me who have friends in game.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Career Officer
# 23
02-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Slap the ground and Space versions of the missions together and call them Expert (For example: Inected: (Expert)). Combine the rewards too and we'd have the old versions of these STFs back. Include a rare chance to get the same kinds of rewards you can get on Defera as well.
Career Officer
# 24
02-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1989 View Post
Include a rare chance to get the same kinds of rewards you can get on Defera as well.
Eh, No.

Unique rewards, period. They could even return the Borg Medical Kit or the Borg Bat'leth.
Captain
# 25
02-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The old STF's were only good for people like me who have friends in game.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 26
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
I too miss those old STF missions. I miss the story they told. Now, it's "go there and shoot Borg." Bring back the old STF missions please!
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 27
02-11-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree, bring them back as ground and space combined in one mission, with the story element restored. The current half-STFs have lost that.

Obviously they should be fit into the current Omega Mark reward framework, with appropriately higher rewards for the greater commitment they'll require.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
02-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I agree, bring them back as ground and space combined in one mission, with the story element restored. The current half-STFs have lost that.

Obviously they should be fit into the current Omega Mark reward framework, with appropriately higher rewards for the greater commitment they'll require.

Here here! I agree. Bring these bad boys back! At least as an option for those who want longer STF's instead of these easy "fast food" quick play missions.

-Klintobean

Check Out My Other Foundry Missions Below:
View The Zypex Revelation Mission Trailer
View The Zypex Intrusion Mission Trailer
View TECHNOBABBLE Mission Trailer
Career Officer
# 29
02-12-2014, 12:52 AM
I agree too.

The STF's in their current state are a joke.

When you have instances with a well-equipped Scimitar that you KNOW could have simply played solo, something is wrong.
When you have instances where it's over in four minutes, something is wrong.
When the ONLY thing that matters is DPS, and entering an instance as a sci in a sci ship renders you INSTANTLY redundant, something is wrong.

Although, I will note that it has been my observation that the players that stomp ISE in four minutes don't seem interested in HOSE..... hmmmmm.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 30
02-12-2014, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't mind a return of old STF's in either the queues or in the previous mission form.

In fact, I'd welcome the challenge myself. No sure how some of my fleet members would feel about this (there are people with a deep hatred for Terradome). Just as long as the way to make them competitive is not to simply add 20 Tac Cubes. That Hive Onslaught plan backfired, making it just plain annoying to do it. (Except if you fly with the team that has the Queen down 4 minutes after the match starts, but then it isn't a challenge).
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force