Lt. Commander
# 1 Can You Download the Game?
02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Can you download the game and set-up an account that way or do you have to purchase online or via retail store?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby75 View Post
Can you download the game and set-up an account that way or do you have to purchase online or via retail store?
Not quite sure what you mean. You can purchase the game from download companies like Steam and Direct 2 Drive. Also there are free trial cards out there you can get and download the game for free but you will have to purchase the full game from some retailer if you want to continue playing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk21 View Post
Not quite sure what you mean. You can purchase the game from download companies like Steam and Direct 2 Drive. Also there are free trial cards out there you can get and download the game for free but you will have to purchase the full game from some retailer if you want to continue playing.
Ok, what I mean is that with Eve Online, **** and Darkfall, I was able to download the full client and once that was done, set-up my payment plan and create an account. Can I do that here or do I need to actually purchase the game from a retailer?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
yes you can download the game. You will need a retail key to activate your account to play
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Once you have a key you can activate it by clicking the link in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
yes you can download the game. You will need a retail key to activate your account to play
Where do I get the retail key from? Cryptic? I was on Atari's site and it said that it would cost $50 to download the client, will they send me the key?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Ok, what I mean is that with Eve Online, **** and Darkfall, I was able to download the full client and once that was done, set-up my payment plan and create an account. Can I do that here or do I need to actually purchase the game from a retailer?
Yes you need to purchase a copy from a retailer. You are posting on the forums so you have an account when you are signed in go to http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key/ and enter the retail key when you get it. I recommend Direct 2 Drive if you want to get a key ASAP with little download problems. I heard some people that bought from Steam had some issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeppers. You can activate your key (once you have it) at the link in my signature.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk21 View Post
Yes you need to purchase a copy from a retailer. You are posting on the forums so you have an account when you are signed in go to http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key/ and enter the retail key when you get it. I recommend Direct 2 Drive if you want to get a key ASAP with little download problems. I heard some people that bought from Steam had some issues.
Ok, so if I go to Direct 2 Drive, I can download the client, pay my 50 bucks and they will send me the retail key and then I go to my Cryptic account and enter it in and I'm golden?
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Where do I get the retail key from? Cryptic? I was on Atari's site and it said that it would cost $50 to download the client, will they send me the key?

You can download the game from many places. However in order to play you need a retail key. Which means that you will have to buy it.

Are you suggesting you want to download and play for free? Buy it for $50, download it and activate your retail key. That's how it works.