Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Just wondering, apparently my copy arrives on the 8th. When will the "grace" period we are currently making use of end for us pre-order EU players?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 03:58 AM
bump* id like to know too
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:36 AM
I'd like to know this as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Grace period ends on the 5th, Friday, that's tomorrow.

Cryptic has posted saying that if they see that there will be a large number of delays on deliveries they would move the Grace period further down.

What will happen I don't know. I have checked my order from amazon.uk and it is still not dispatched.
Hopefully it will arrive in time for tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 04:45 AM
I got an email from amazon saying it will not ship until the 9th Guess that cancels out any 'headstart' we had.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 04:50 AM
Ridiculous. The game isn't released in the UK until tomorrow, so if the grace period is around 7 days, us UKers should have until 12th or 13th to enter our retail keys. It's bad enough that Amazon and the like don't send out copies a day or two early to ensure we get them on the day of release, but to have Cryptic promise us a headstart when in fact, it might all be for nothing, is disappointing to say the least. I hope this info isn't true, and European pre-orders get a good grace period.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 04:55 AM
My amazon order still hasn't been dispatched yet and the delivery estimate is the 11th FFS!!
I've already shelled out for a lifetime sub so if they cut me off for near enough a week for the sake of a retail key, I wont be a happy bunny.
Amazon. Brewery. P*ss up. You get the idea with that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 04:58 AM
Yeah my estimated delivery date(s) are between the 4th and the 10th February. Which basically means 10th February. I've put in a lot of work within the game so far, and achieved a lot considering I'm new to MMOs, and I too have a lifetime sub, so I won't be best pleased if things get wiped. Perhaps an email to Cryptic is in order.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Do not worry about losing anything from your characters account. If the worst case senario comes up, grace period ends and we don't have CD keys to enter and activate our accounts, the worst that can happen is the account is frozen, not deleted.

The same reason a player would play for 2 months, take a brake for summer and continue after. If Cryptic and any other mmo developer would delete account data because a a sub just ran out, the planet would cry out in pain and anguish.

So we might lose a few days of play but no data will be lost. Of course this is also bad for me as I scheduled holiday time from work so I can play some more than usual. Hope I wont need to spend that time else where.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by desposa View Post
Do not worry about losing anything from your characters account. If the worst case senario comes up, grace period ends and we don't have CD keys to enter and activate our accounts, the worst that can happen is the account is frozen, not deleted.

The same reason a player would play for 2 months, take a brake for summer and continue after. If Cryptic and any other mmo developer would delete account data because a a sub just ran out, the planet would cry out in pain and anguish.

So we might lose a few days of play but no data will be lost. Of course this is also bad for me as I scheduled holiday time from work so I can play some more than usual. Hope I wont need to spend that time else where.
Well that's not so bad then. I took a couple of days off work to play the headstart, and despite the maintenance downtime times that were rather inconvenient for anyone outside the US, I'm damn glad I did. Holiday well spent!