Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm in the USA and preorder 2 weeks ago from BestBuy. They didn't even send my game out until this morning and Standard mail. The expected arrival date is Monday, the 8th. I don't feel it's too fair for those of us who pruchased the entire game ($54.17) knowing we are going to play this, get a subscription and not just abuse a couple extra days of "free" gameplay.

Cryptic needs to do the right thing and extend the grace period. I can provide proof of purchase via email, showing I paid for the entire game and not just for a $5 preorder. I really want to play this weekend.

Please don't lock us out and please do respond to these threads so we have some type of an answer, given the supposed deadline of tomorrow. I doubt billing will even get back to me by then.

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Has anyone got the email code for the boff yet, or will it just be via the retail key?

Mine has been shipped and the money taken from my account, so figured they would have sent it by now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelusion View Post
I

Cryptic needs to do the right thing and extend the grace period. I can provide proof of purchase via email, showing I paid for the entire game and not just for a $5 preorder. I really want to play this weekend.

Please don't lock us out and please do respond to these threads so we have some type of an answer, given the supposed deadline of tomorrow. I doubt billing will even get back to me by then.

Thank you!
This....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelusion View Post
I'm in the USA and preorder 2 weeks ago from BestBuy. They didn't even send my game out until this morning and Standard mail. The expected arrival date is Monday, the 8th. I don't feel it's too fair for those of us who pruchased the entire game ($54.17) knowing we are going to play this, get a subscription and not just abuse a couple extra days of "free" gameplay.

Cryptic needs to do the right thing and extend the grace period. I can provide proof of purchase via email, showing I paid for the entire game and not just for a $5 preorder. I really want to play this weekend.

Please don't lock us out and please do respond to these threads so we have some type of an answer, given the supposed deadline of tomorrow. I doubt billing will even get back to me by then.

Thank you!
this x 2

Didn't even know any of this, presumed I'd be fine to play until the box gets here, don't mind waiting for the stupid Borg boff, but I paid my 25quid, so I presume we'll be looked after, a response confirming so wouldn't go amiss though=D

Trev
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azimov View Post
Has anyone got the email code for the boff yet, or will it just be via the retail key?
Mine has been shipped and the money taken from my account, so figured they would have sent it by now.
e-mail from Amazon said:
"Codes for the Borg Bridge Officer in-game unit will be sent to you by email on the game's actual release date."
So I'm assuming that means tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
In the same situation, although i have just received confirmation that my copy has been dispatched by amazon. It would be good to have an official comment from cryptic regarding what will happen and whether we will be able to play. My ticket number is 601334 if that helps cryptic in any way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I ordered from Amazon.co.uk also, I also bought a lifetime sub and my copy also hasn't been dispatched yet.

The thing that concerns me now is that I can no longer log into the servers, I just get a Account server disconnected box pop up.

Due to my lack of ability in prima-donna forum QQing I humbly ask that someone more skilled in this area take over in expressing my displeasure.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurenbo
e-mail from Amazon said:
"Codes for the Borg Bridge Officer in-game unit will be sent to you by email on the game's actual release date."
So I'm assuming that means tomorrow.
Yeah could be they doing them all in one go, was mostly just checking I wasnt missing something that others had gotten.

Is your Avatar from Star Fleet?
I used to love that show, take it away Brian May.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Makes you wonder if borg assimilation would be a good thing, maybe amazon would have the efficiency and foresight to send out the copies in time for release, oh well, even if we don't get to play for a few days we'll just have to make up for it when the boxes get here!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey guys right i preordered the game back in december and it got here today luckily but when i try to add my key it wont let me without buying a further 30 days.

which is fine by me but then it goes on to say that i have to use a credit card or a visa of which being 16 i dont actually have yet so i opt for the game card option.

yet i cannot seem to find anywhere i can buy a game card in the UK of which is digital so that i dont get locked out tommorow as a order would take over 3-4 days to get here :mad

edit: with more intense searching i cannot seem to find any order ones either so how are the people who dont have credit cards or visas going to get to play this game on time?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.