Lt. Commander
After seeing a few "Omgzz there are Admiralzzzz already!!" threads. I just wondered if anyone else like me, is simply just taking each level as it goes?

I started in headstart, as a science officer, and I am only just reaching my Tier 3 ship, after getting full use out of my Nova-class. Although I may be going slightly slower than the average player (I play for about 4 hours a day currently?), I'm definately enjoying things, and wouldn't really want to "power level" to the last tier.

Anyone else taking this approach?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I started in head start and I am Lt. 8. I'm really taking my time =). Had to rush in CB, got to cmdr 5 in that
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I made level 14 today, and actually feel I'm going a little too fast. I'm probably going to start another character soon and actually take the time to do the captain's logs and all of that after each mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I for one am focusing on enjoying the ride instead of trying to think ways to max out asap. I read all the info on every quest and take my time getting myself immersed in the game. For me that's much more fun than just trying to get to the maximum level. I'll get there when I get there, I'm in it for the ride.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm rocking lt. 7 and enjoying my time.
(Played around little in Head Start as was waiting till yesterday when i could create my Joined Trill)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I have been playing since the start of beta, then heaadstart and Im still only Lt Cmndr 2

I made the mistake of rushing in other MMOs Ive played and that made my experience a lot worse in those games.

So I too, will be taking it slow with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 11:44 PM
I've been playing since hour 3 of Head Start and I just now made Lt. Cmdr 4. And I am thoroughly enjoying the game!

One thing I also enjoy doing is logging in for a few minutes to destroy a wave of Klingon groups and then log out again. Massive fun in a small package, just enough for a short 15 minute break from work.

Thank god I work at home...

Of course I also have fun spending 20-30 minutes figuring out a new weapons/layout for my ship before going out again. I get lost in some of the minutiae.

What a great friggin' game!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm taking my time as well, just hit Lieutenant Commander last night. Enjoying myself with a mix of exploration, patrol, story and Fleet Actions
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 11:54 PM
i started in headstart, just hit LTC1 yesterday and got my new ship

i like cruising around and checking things out, and dont get a lot fo time to play, so yeah im taking the scenic route to admiral
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 11:57 PM
I started in Head start and was a part of OB....I breezed to CDR just to get past the part I played in OB but then I got my Tier 3 heavy cruiser and I dislike the ship so I am speeding to Captain to get a ship I will like then I will slow down