Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 49
# 1 Future plans for reputation?
02-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Hi all!
I seem to remember that the Dyson Reputation was the benchmark of a revamp of the reputation system.
Do I remember correctly?

If it is the case, does anybody know how that benchmark went (from developers point of view I mean)?
Can I expect a revamp of the other older reputation?

I don't know what is the general sentiment towards the Dyson reputation but I like it very much: I don't have much time to play and that commendation token is a blessing.
I can spend a little amount of time doing something for my commendation and then get the rest of the time to do what I want: may it be STF or a foundry mission!

Well, I suppose everyone has a personal opinion and I just wanted to state mine.
What i really would like to know, as I already said is if I can reasonably expect a revamp of the old reputations
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 524
# 2
02-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Afaik the Dyson Rep was considered a "failure" (my own words) by the new EP (Stephan D'Angelo), because it was too easy and didn't take long enough :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1009971

=> wouldn't count on a Revamp, but who knows ...

Last edited by thutmosis85; 02-12-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,651
# 3
02-12-2014, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Afaik the Dyson Rep was considered a "failure" (my own words) by the new EP (Stephan D'Angelo), because it was too easy and didn't take long enough :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1009971

=> wouldn't count on a Revamp, but who knows ...
I'd love for him to grind these out on a dozen toons and then come and tell everyone how much fun they are.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,302
# 4
02-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Afaik the Dyson Rep was considered a "failure" (my own words) by the new EP (Stephan D'Angelo), because it was too easy and didn't take long enough :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1009971

=> wouldn't count on a Revamp, but who knows ...
Pitifully. So we can expect another nukara instead if another Dyson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I'd love for him to grind these out on a dozen toons and then come and tell everyone how much fun they are.
I know how you feel. It seems generally that the devs want us only to play one char, there is very little support for multi - character - playing.
They hurt the selfie or their income at least as much as us, if they would be any smart they would want every one to play at least 3 chars...

But i admit, dyson may have been a little too easy.
Support more story content in STO
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 49
# 5
02-12-2014, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
I'd love for him to grind these out on a dozen toons and then come and tell everyone how much fun they are.
Heheh! This
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 988
# 6
02-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
But i admit, dyson may have been a little too easy.
I agree to some degree with this as well. I'd say the optimal one would be the Omega rep, to me.

I just leveled a Fed Eng and started on all reps simultaneously. I've already hit T5 rep on Dyson just today and still have 6 days to go on the others.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Doronar, Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird
VADM Genestra, USS Indomitable, Avenger Class Battle-Cruiser
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 268
# 7
02-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Meh, I still consider the Omega rep the benchmark. In terms of flexibility and value for time spent, nothing beats the elite stfs when I can do 3 of them in 20 minutes, have enough marks for a whole weeks worth of rep, and dilithium and gear to boot. Compared to Dyson I have to log in every day for the daily commendation or use the awful conversion rate of 350 marks for 5 days of rep. Sure, the battlezone has great dilithium rewards too but between leechers and finding one with a good mix of people, it's much more of a hassle. Plus, the borg and maco sets are way more useful than any of the Dyson gear. The only good thing about Dyson is the free box for filling up the rep project and the removal of the commodities requirement, that's about it.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,010
# 8
02-12-2014, 08:57 AM
As has been mentioned, the Dyson reputation was deemed a failure because their 'metrics' indicate people are already finished with it and they want something to keep people playing until the next update(which may have had an influence in the anniversary event being structured into the event reputation in such a drawn-out way).

That said, I disagree with that conclusion. I still have characters that I'm working on the Dyson Reputation, and I'm still having fun with the battleground - even with all the tagging nonsense/drama. Furthermore, I am working on it, here and there, with ALL of my characters. I keep playing all of my characters because of the Dyson Rep, and thus consider what I might want to purchase for each of them.

By comparison, I have two characters at tier 5 Nukara.. the rest are at 0(the only reason the two of them are at Rank 5 is because of Risa birds - I cannot stomach the Nukara grind in its current incarnation). I haven't progressed my Omega reputations on my characters in probably half a year - some have finished it before then, some are halfway through it. Most of my characters are either finished with New Romulus Reputation or nearly there - solely because I enjoy doing the Tau Dewa (space combat oriented-)Patrols so much.

If the Dyson Rep was as Draconic as the Nukara Reputation was/is, I highly doubt I would be playing the game nearly as much. Very possible I wouldn't have picked up the Mogh, and probably wouldn't be currently waiting for an overdue Zen promotion to sink some more money into the game before the Dyson Ships are released.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,236
# 9
02-12-2014, 08:59 AM
I think the next one will take place on Nimbus in a new VA area.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 682
# 10
02-12-2014, 09:04 AM
imo I preferred the speed of the dyson rep because I have 8 characters. the sponsorship token is an added boost to people who grind more than 1 character.

although they want a winning format to go with. dyson is too fast according to the devs, so omega must be close to spot on then. while romulan and nukara are way behind omega.

my only concern would be that if they made all grinds the same they run the risk of becoming even more tedious

Last edited by wazzagiow; 02-12-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 PM.