Lt. Commander
Hello,

I have promoted my bridge officers, I have invested points into t2 powers. However only one of the officer's abilities are usable by me in space. Is this by design?

if so are those points invested in the others gone to waste? When will they ever become useful?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Because there are limits to the ranks for the consoles on the ships. For example a tier 2 science ship has 4 BO slots, 1 tac, 1 eng, and 2 sci. The 1 tac, 1 eng, and 1 sci can only hold ensign, meaning you can have LT BOs in there but only their ensign skills are availabe. The other 1 sci BO slot is a LT slot so thats why you get the 1 BO officer with 2 space skills, however on the ground they can use both their ensign and lt skills.

Edit - more slots do open up. If you go up in the shipyard and look at the future ships you can get it lists what ranks the slots hold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLecl0001 View Post
Because there are limits to the ranks for the consoles on the ships. For example a tier 2 science ship has 4 BO slots, 1 tac, 1 eng, and 2 sci. The 1 tac, 1 eng, and 1 sci can only hold ensign, meaning you can have LT BOs in there but only their ensign skills are availabe. The other 1 sci BO slot is a LT slot so thats why you get the 1 BO officer with 2 space skills, however on the ground they can use both their ensign and lt skills.
so all the points I have placed in the t2 skills are... gone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 04:18 AM
You need to invest one point to get it to level 2 before new skills show up in my case anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeah View Post
so all the points I have placed in the t2 skills are... gone?
No they are not gone.

Use this chart and find your ship then look across the tiers till you find your BO in question and then you will know what tier ship you need.

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tierchart1.png
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:24 AM
It seems a lot of people run into this problem. The game tutorial really needs to explain this better. Or at least prompt you if you try to assign skill points to a skill that BO will not be able to use in its current console slot.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
It seems a lot of people run into this problem. The game tutorial really needs to explain this better. Or at least prompt you if you try to assign skill points to a skill that BO will not be able to use in its current console slot.
Isnt that the truth, I trained my Engi BO and then maxed out that skill before I found out I have to wait till my next Tier of ships before I can use it.

Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
No they are not gone.

Use this chart and find your ship then look across the tiers till you find your BO in question and then you will know what tier ship you need.

http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tierchart1.png
Great, thanks