Ensign
I just managed it to safe the Captains life at the beginning of the mission 'A Step between the Stars'. So he did not get 'redshirted' by the Voth - which I'm proud of.

But now I can't continue the mission - due to mission design - which is odd

Should I reload the mission?
But than, now that I know how to save the captain, should I let him get killed - to get the mission rewards? How much virtual rewards does a virtual life count?
Captain
# 2
02-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Let them die!
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=94154940000&dateline=  1390007378
Quote:
"The Galaxy Explorer would be fine if only it could execute it's saucer separation while moving."
-Nobody
Career Officer
# 3
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwemetaq View Post
I just managed it to safe the Captains life at the beginning of the mission 'A Step between the Stars'. So he did not get 'redshirted' by the Voth - which I'm proud of.

But now I can't continue the mission - due to mission design - which is odd

Should I reload the mission?
But than, now that I know how to save the captain, should I let him get killed - to get the mission rewards? How much virtual rewards does a virtual life count?
This has been reported by at least one other--the captain can be saved, but then you can't continue the mission.

So, I think you're stuck. You're going to have to reload the mission, and this time, let the guy die. His mission in life will then be fulfilled.
Ensign
# 4
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
So the captain can be saved, but than again not really - kind of sad, isn't it?

I'm not sure I like this kind of Kobayashi stuff - I don't want to loose against a cruel fate

Last edited by pwemetaq; 02-12-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Commander
# 5
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
I got stuck in a different place and had to start over.

Apparently, you can be "too close" to that door (in the room where you grab the EV suit) where the annoying doctor guy says "You might want to raise a shield before opening that door". So, if you get too close and then raise the shield, you're stuck between the shield and the door. I was 15 minutes into that 30 minute mission...had to start over. At least you only have to restart from the beginning.

One of those times that I wish "ghosting" were possible in STO.
Ensign
# 6
02-12-2014, 12:23 PM
OK - I started again. Maybe the captain is already dead this time.
Captain
# 7
02-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
I got stuck in a different place and had to start over.

Apparently, you can be "too close" to that door (in the room where you grab the EV suit) where the annoying doctor guy says "You might want to raise a shield before opening that door". So, if you get too close and then raise the shield, you're stuck between the shield and the door. I was 15 minutes into that 30 minute mission...had to start over. At least you only have to restart from the beginning.

One of those times that I wish "ghosting" were possible in STO.
Did you try the /stuck or the /killme commands? I know for a while they didnt work but, I got stuck a couple of times recently and they both worked fine. So I think they got them fixed.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Career Officer
# 8
02-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwemetaq View Post
OK - I started again. Maybe the captain is already dead this time.
His mission in life is to die. The galaxy is in balance.
Rihannsu
# 9
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
the mission only progresses when they die. its part of the story. it happens and you technically cant change it.

they just did not take into account people would set up cover shields and things to protect him/her.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Republic Veteran
# 10
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
It's a Fixed point A FIXED POINT it can't be changed without destroying everything

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party