Lt. Commander
# 1 Strange artifacts with HD5770
02-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Hello,
I have installed the latest ATI drivers direct x is fine and I run XP pro. When the game start's up as soon as I get in the academy i get several artifacts, some black some colored. strange thing is that it depends on how i turn my character, turn it a little to the left and everything is ok a little to the right and all hell breaks loose.
I tried every video setting possible, in game and on the ati control center. I even have it on the lowest settings.
I know for sure that my hardware and drivers are fine, mass effect 2 runs smooth. I justt patched the game again with the latest update but no change at all. I also made a ticket but no response.
I have lost two days now not being able to play for one second, in mmorpg for that pricing i would expect more ! Anybody an idea please ...?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 06:11 AM
The same happened to a number of users at the end of the headstart...just search the forum.
unfortunately there is no solution yet...or im not able to find it :-(

im running a 3870 and have the same problems...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
see http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=92573

and ive had a ticket about it since the 31st, still no answer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
That's it exactly !!!
I have also made a ticket but no response. You would think for the price they charge that even a little word of reply would be nice. I have been waiting for this game ever since I saw news of it on the startrek.com website..I'm talking years back here. When finally I'm installing the game, this crap comes along..i hope this will be fixed real quickly.