Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Power should be something like:

System: Batteries
Emergency Power to thrusters directs emergency battery power to the thrusters for a short duration.
Targets: Self
0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam
* +10 turn rate for 4 secs

Main reason for this is for cruisers to be able to turn:
- Out of combat to sniff up loot
- In combat to be able to balance shield facings better during alpha strike situations and have a better chance to use frontal weapons

As it allows only to turn fast for a very short duration, it wont break the game balance between ship types. But as this would probably be picked by cruiser jockeys, it also has a drawback for them. The shared cooldown of the Systems: Batteries will hit them when it come to the other Emergency Powers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmduscher View Post
Power should be something like:

System: Batteries
Emergency Power to thrusters directs emergency battery power to the thrusters for a short duration.
Targets: Self
0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam
* +10 turn rate for 4 secs

Main reason for this is for cruisers to be able to turn:
- Out of combat to sniff up loot
- In combat to be able to balance shield facings better during alpha strike situations and have a better chance to use frontal weapons

As it allows only to turn fast for a very short duration, it wont break the game balance between ship types. But as this would probably be picked by cruiser jockeys, it also has a drawback for them. The shared cooldown of the Systems: Batteries will hit them when it come to the other Emergency Powers.
so we are supposed to give up a boff slot to get to our ships to function on a basic level?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmduscher View Post
Power should be something like:

System: Batteries
Emergency Power to thrusters directs emergency battery power to the thrusters for a short duration.
Targets: Self
0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam
* +10 turn rate for 4 secs

Main reason for this is for cruisers to be able to turn:
- Out of combat to sniff up loot
- In combat to be able to balance shield facings better during alpha strike situations and have a better chance to use frontal weapons

As it allows only to turn fast for a very short duration, it wont break the game balance between ship types. But as this would probably be picked by cruiser jockeys, it also has a drawback for them. The shared cooldown of the Systems: Batteries will hit them when it come to the other Emergency Powers.
What about Evasive Actions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Emergency Power to Auxiliary.

Your Auxiliary power level controls your turn rate, presumably because Auxiliary power is what the thrusters pull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Plus, everyone gets Evasive Manouvres which also boosts turn rate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewnam View Post
Emergency Power to Auxiliary.

Your Auxiliary power level controls your turn rate, presumably because Auxiliary power is what the thrusters pull.
The effect of Auxiliary Power on turning is very very weak. I see that EPtA has more uses in boosting up other BO Powers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-Robo View Post
Plus, everyone gets Evasive Manouvres which also boosts turn rate.
But also increases your speed, which then increases the size of your turning circle as well. I see EPtT more as an turn on the spot power.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 07:29 AM
i like the idea

Regards Ney
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
so we are supposed to give up a boff slot to get to our ships to function on a basic level?
I don't want to turn this into a "Cruisers turn bad, it's not fun" Discussion. I think that every ship class has strong and weak points. The BO Powers should either emphazie your strong points or help offset your weak points. So if it isn't worth spending a BO Slot on it, then i don't think anyone has a problem right now.

And besides, after fiddling with the STO-Builder i simply didn't know which Power to use in both Ensign Slots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmduscher View Post
But also increases your speed, which then increases the size of your turning circle as well. I see EPtT more as an turn on the spot power.
Throttle back, you'll spin on a dime. Your turn rate is independant of your speed. (Under the influence of Evasive Manuvers, of course)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 PM.