Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Power should be something like:

System: Batteries
Emergency Power to thrusters directs emergency battery power to the thrusters for a short duration.
Targets: Self
0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam
* +10 turn rate for 4 secs

Main reason for this is for cruisers to be able to turn:
- Out of combat to sniff up loot
- In combat to be able to balance shield facings better during alpha strike situations and have a better chance to use frontal weapons

As it allows only to turn fast for a very short duration, it wont break the game balance between ship types. But as this would probably be picked by cruiser jockeys, it also has a drawback for them. The shared cooldown of the Systems: Batteries will hit them when it come to the other Emergency Powers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmduscher View Post

Emergency Power to thrusters directs emergency battery power to the thrusters for a short duration.
0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam

- In combat to be able to balance shield facings better during alpha strike situations and have a better chance to use frontal weapons

As it allows only to turn fast for a very short duration, it wont break the game balance between ship types. But as this would probably be picked by cruiser jockeys, it also has a drawback for them. The shared cooldown of the Systems: Batteries will hit them when it come to the other Emergency Powers.
so we are supposed to give up a boff slot to get to our ships to function on a basic level?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:

0.5 sec activate
45 sec recharge
* Breaks tractor beam

What about Evasive Actions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Emergency Power to Auxiliary.

Your Auxiliary power level controls your turn rate, presumably because Auxiliary power is what the thrusters pull.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Plus, everyone gets Evasive Manouvres which also boosts turn rate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewnam View Post
Emergency Power to Auxiliary.

Your Auxiliary power level controls your turn rate, presumably because Auxiliary power is what the thrusters pull.
The effect of Auxiliary Power on turning is very very weak. I see that EPtA has more uses in boosting up other BO Powers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-Robo View Post
Plus, everyone gets Evasive Manouvres which also boosts turn rate.
But also increases your speed, which then increases the size of your turning circle as well. I see EPtT more as an turn on the spot power.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 07:29 AM
i like the idea

Regards Ney
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydermunch View Post
so we are supposed to give up a boff slot to get to our ships to function on a basic level?
I don't want to turn this into a "Cruisers turn bad, it's not fun" Discussion. I think that every ship class has strong and weak points. The BO Powers should either emphazie your strong points or help offset your weak points. So if it isn't worth spending a BO Slot on it, then i don't think anyone has a problem right now.

And besides, after fiddling with the STO-Builder i simply didn't know which Power to use in both Ensign Slots.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
But also increases your speed, which then increases the size of your turning circle as well. I see EPtT more as an turn on the spot power.
Throttle back, you'll spin on a dime. Your turn rate is independant of your speed. (Under the influence of Evasive Manuvers, of course)