1. Voice Overs For Missions
2. Voice Overs For Missions
3. Voice Overs For Missions

Long Term
1. Voice Overs For Missions
2. Voice Overs For Missions
3. Romulan Playable Faction and Storyline
Lt. Commander
1) I would like to 'Hear' the hails from planets. For example, an explore the Delta Volanis Cluster instead of reading about the Raiders in the system, I would like to hear the guy asking for help Speak. I believe it would seriously add to the experience.

2) A way to access the STO Item Database for use by us tech-types to create a Wowhead.com type of site.

3) A 1st person view. I.E., Sitting in your Capt's chair seeing the messages on-screen (Hearing them as well .

You have an insta-following as this is star trek, but I bet a lot of people would like to actually Captain their ships from "The Chair" so to speak.

My 2 cents..
Lt. Commander
# 1223
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Short-Term Requests

I think the short term issues for me are:

1. Full autofire with a visual toggle for DefaultAutoFire 0/1 so we can tell if we will shoot of not. For ground, this is easy enough to combine with holster (if guns are out, you shoot, if not, you donít). But in space, we need something more visual, like the green outlines becomes orange or something.

2. General bug cleanup.

3. FvF PVP. Itís rough seeing 7 Admiral Klingons and 200 Feds waiting in queue. Iím never going to get to PVP as a Fed Admiral at this rate.

Mid-Term Requests

1. Remembering Ship and Boff configuration with a selectable interface. Like the defensive/balance power settings.

2. Sidekicking. Nothing annoys me more by wanting to group with friends who just joined but are afraid they will be used to wipe the floor or the content trivialized. I know there are elements in the game that hint at this, but it needs to be implemented.

3. All missions repeatable at all levels. At Admiral, a lot of zones might as well be empty spaces of nothingness. We canít visit old systems. Canít land on any moons. At a minimum, make the missions repeatable, regardless of level.

4. Captains Log voiceovers at the start and midway through missions. It doesn't have to be fancy but the more complex the better. It could be read from the captains log today. Just something to intro the mission we are on and carry on the mission. Sometimes, the First Officer reads it or on Medical missions, the science officer.

Long Term Requests:

1. Deep Space Exploration Missions Ė These should be about an 8/16 hour mission chain total. They could be strings of multiple story missions or randomly generated story missions. Space needs to be more than flying around in and empty square of soup. We need to see planets and moons and we need to be able to fly to them. Like you see a base on a moon and one on the planet. Each could have a mission. It should feel like Iím deep in space (but not litteraly as that would be boring), searching for planets and examining phenomenon (Space creatures, star explosions, etc). Spacial Anomalies need to actually be something, not a pointing that points to nothing. We also should be out of Transwarp range. We are deep in space! We shouldn't be able to pop back to Sol and back out again on a moment's notice. You can occupy the travel times with bridge chatter, ship events or a captains log voiceover that says "We've been exploring for several weeks " and so forth. This would be a good way to add vary rare items. Not through reward, but through events in the exploration itself. Maybe through finding different things through the exploration and then in the end, combining them for one big discovery. Maybe early on we find out about special tetryon particles and how this one race uses them in their replicators. The next missions we help someone with their replicators using that knowledge and discover how it affects power inversion on their systems. At then end, my ships engineer figures out how to turn our engine into a Tetryon power inversion system, which improves power transfer rate and weapon damage, which ends up being a new engine device.

2. Random In-Ship Events Ė In the middle of various missions, things should happen on your ship that requires you to just stop and deal with it. Vole rats, tribbles, or engine problems (This would be a good time to implement minigames to fix engines or repair systems). Maybe an alien probe disables your ship. You kill the probe but your ship is now acting weird and you need to fix it before your warp core explodes.

3. Fleet Bases and Events Ė Full Fleet bases, outpost and hideouts. Have random events occur like the random in-ship event above or PVE and PVP creature attacks. Add some events that end with the fleet making a discovery.
Lt. Commander
# 1224
03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Short Term

Make the tutorial skippable for alts.
Put names/locations on the map/minmap so that I don't have to look it up on the internet and print it out and have it next to my computer just so that I can find G#d-D@#* MotherF%#@ing place to buy a gun without running all over the @&%# space station.

Medium Term

PvE content for Klingon faction.
Make it so that I can decide if my Bird of Prey is crewed by Klingons or Orions or Gorn and have that make a difference in combat.
Have the ability to make and save and share a 'race' so that others can have the same exact alien race.

Long Term

Multiple paths/endings to missions so that this game might actually have some replay value.
Institute the ability for BO to give opinions about missions and have them not all agree.
Create parts of your own ship that you can visit and maybe have brief conversations with your crew (i.e. Engineering section talk to an Engineering Officer: "Engines functioning exactly per specifications, Captain.") and a Captain's Cabin that you can modify.
Stop making this MMO suck by releasing content before it is finished.
Lt. Commander
# 1225
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Add some stuff to the C-store, add vender's to memory alpha, more playable ships and races, and more uniform and ships customising options
Lt. Commander
# 1226
03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Three suggestions off the top of my head:

Short term:

Allow us to disable a ship, rather than destroy it--especially for the Federation. When did you ever hear Picard or Kirk give the order to keep pounding a ship until explodes. They always try to "target weapons" or "disable engines." I'm not suggesting that Feds should have a requirement to disable or be penalized in some way for destroying an enemy ship during a battle. But the option should be available when the time is right for it.

Mid term:

Please change the travel screen while warping between systems. It occurred to me the other day that space between systems feels small and confined and my ship only feels like a chess piece on a big game board. Lose the grid! Lose the big water slides. I think you were going for a sort of "tactical" feeling with this screen, but it really doesn't work. Although I wasn't a big fan of the game, EVE Online does space right. You actually feel like you're in the vast reaches of deep space. I don't want to see other ships flying all over the place like I'm in a crowded mall. If you want to indicate them, then just a small computer graphic pointing out location of the other ship, maybe it's distance, heading. Then if you get close to it, the graphic could add the name of the ship. And when I'm heading from system to system at warp speed....for the love of Pete....give us the streaming star field effect that has been a staple of Star Trek since Star Trek The Motion Picture! Traveling between systems is so amazingly boring and completely underwhelming right now.

Long term:

Improve mission quality. They are cookie-cutter and boring and repetitive. Very very repetitive. The same problem City of Heroes had. The same thing, over and over. Get some professional (preferably Star Trek) writers on staff to work on the missions. People love to bag on a game like WoW, but the quests (I'm sad to say) are light years beyond what's on display in STO so far. I know this will attract some flame, and it's arguable, but I think they are usually interesting if not entertaining, even if it's just a simple kill some mobs type quest. It doesn't feel like it's the same mission with X replaced by the word Klingon or Orion, and the Y replaced by the number of ships.

I'd like to say, I LOVE STAR TREK. I'm no troll. I want this game to succeed, and excel. And as a Star Trek fan and an MMO fan, to feel a sense of boredom with a Star Trek MMO just barely a month old? That is a very very bad sign IMHO. I didn't get my first sense of "yawn" with WoW until I played it for nearly 2 years. And the feeling went away when my wife and I took a short break from it. 2 years later we're still playing. Star Trek Online deserves that level of loyalty, and I'm ready to give it, but come on guys...don't mail this game in. If you're not sure what to do, get some new blood in there to help. Don't let this become SWG all over again.
Lt. Commander
# 1227
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Short Term

What ever it is your doing now.

Mid-Term

Voice Overs For Missions or some speech engine PLEASE!

Talk by microphone this could be done out side of missions by people who are a set distance from each other so it will NOT broadcast to ALL just those in range also allow private one to one/many talks over any distance.

Long Term (like 2 years down the road as in STO 2)

Like the idea of where this game is going will play it till then but would like to see it from this to amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 1228
03-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Short-Term Requests
3. All missions repeatable at all levels. At Admiral, a lot of zones might as well be empty spaces of nothingness. We canít visit old systems. Canít land on any moons. At a minimum, make the missions repeatable, regardless of level.

4. Captains Log voiceovers at the start and midway through missions. It doesn't have to be fancy but the more complex the better. It could be read from the captains log today. Just something to intro the mission we are on and carry on the mission. Sometimes, the First Officer reads it or on Medical missions, the science officer.

Long Term Requests:

1. Deep Space Exploration Missions Ė These should be about an 8/16 hour mission chain total. They could be strings of multiple story missions or randomly generated story missions. Space needs to be more than flying around in and empty square of soup. We need to see planets and moons and we need to be able to fly to them. Like you see a base on a moon and one on the planet. Each could have a mission. It should feel like Iím deep in space (but not litteraly as that would be boring), searching for planets and examining phenomenon (Space creatures, star explosions, etc). Spacial Anomalies need to actually be something, not a pointing that points to nothing. We also should be out of Transwarp range. We are deep in space! We shouldn't be able to pop back to Sol and back out again on a moment's notice. You can occupy the travel times with bridge chatter, ship events or a captains log voiceover that says "We've been exploring for several weeks " and so forth. This would be a good way to add vary rare items. Not through reward, but through events in the exploration itself. Maybe through finding different things through the exploration and then in the end, combining them for one big discovery. Maybe early on we find out about special tetryon particles and how this one race uses them in their replicators. The next missions we help someone with their replicators using that knowledge and discover how it affects power inversion on their systems. At then end, my ships engineer figures out how to turn our engine into a Tetryon power inversion system, which improves power transfer rate and weapon damage, which ends up being a new engine device.

2. Random In-Ship Events Ė In the middle of various missions, things should happen on your ship that requires you to just stop and deal with it. Vole rats, tribbles, or engine problems (This would be a good time to implement minigames to fix engines or repair systems). Maybe an alien probe disables your ship. You kill the probe but your ship is now acting weird and you need to fix it before your warp core explodes.

3. Fleet Bases and Events Ė Full Fleet bases, outpost and hideouts. Have random events occur like the random in-ship event above or PVE and PVP creature attacks. Add some events that end with the fleet making a discovery.
Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! Very much agree.
Lt. Commander
# 1229 improvements
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Short term:

1 Crew: Currently, crew plays a relatively minor role in starship management. Some of your crew gets injured in an explosion, then automatically (and quickly) regenerates without much consequence. In reality, it should greatly affect starship operations.
Also, this might easialy give you some profound non-combat content.

2 Battle damage: The same goes for battle damage. Hull repair and crew restoration should, in my opinion, be a lot slower and a lot dirtier. Imagine: You're in a battle; one moment your ship is falling apart, half your crew is dead, the next, it's all back to normal. I think you'd at least need minutes, perhaps as long as 15 to 30 minutes, to make up for your misfortune in battle.

Mid-term:
1 Graphics of stars: This might seem like whining, but it really bothers me: The stars should be bright in the center, and fall off to the edges. Now they are dark in the center.
Also, they should be a lot brighter, they should like blind you when you look directly at them.
I bring this up because I believe this is an easy fix.

2 More detailed starship management, damage, and damage control.
For example: an overview of your ship, and damaged subsections (warp nacelles, core, torpedo banks, phaser banks, deflector systems, shields, etc. and respective damage control options should be added.

3 Space areas are rather,,,, unrealistic: The planets are scaled rather small, asteroid density is rather high, but this doesnt really have priority

Long-term:
1 Playable cardassians, dominion, etc
2 Gamma and delta quadrant areas and races, but I guess thats already WIP

I hope you devs look this over.

Thanks!

PS
And I greatly agree with Fluxion, at all points
Lt. Commander
# 1230 Mid range needs...
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Though I've seen several posts for this I'll throw my hat in the ring for joystick controls and chase plane camera view.

I'm not very good with keyboards and my fingers tend to wander to unintended keys during play (especially combat). A joystick makes perfect sense for those ships with high manouver ratings while the chase plane camera keeps you on track better as far as pitch, yaw, and roll.