Lt. Commander
# 1421
03-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Short Term:

More variety of end game epic gear (pha/dis/tet/pla/pol e.t.c), don't make us spec AP just to be more effective at PvE/PvP

Mid Term:

More Klingon PvE content and more fleshing out of the Klingon faction, both visual ( clothing, ship customisation, social areas) and Conent, (cohesive pve storylines, more Klingon controled space sectors, enemy encounters, additional Klingon faction planets/stations).

Long Term:
Larger scale STF's (10 player ones for example), Fleet only Fleet actions, Player owned Colonies, a workable trading/crafting system, additional factions (Cardassian/Romulan)
Lt. Commander
# 1422
03-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Short: More Uniform options for the factions Casual and otherwise. Especially klingon faction. Skirts, heels, Deanna troi style cut. Bikini's for orion and casual.

Mid: Full Klingon PVE, Especially story driven episodes. Also a Diplomacy and more non combat system and actions for the federation would be nice. Less federation combat is ideal.

Long: Fully playable Cardassian Faction
Lt. Commander
I think that limited in game voice server would add to the awesomness of the game.
being able to hail ships your in party or on your friends list would be nice.

dropping the fleet limit to start a fleet to 3.

raising the level cap and expanding the ra missions would be good.

lastly a playable romulan race with ships and all would be awesome.

just thought for the future.

also

Good Work on everything so far!
Lt. Commander
# 1424
03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
short term...

1) In sector space travel, the roll animation is way too exagerrated.
2) Systems with an open starbase should be better indicated.
3) The mouse curser is too small, options to change color as well would be nice

Mid term...

1) Unlock skill gains past "Admiral." With that said, make it exponentially difficult to max every skill in the tree. Perhaps a die hard STO fanboy playing 10 hours a day for 3 years could max it all.
2) We need much better info on skills so we can "see" whats affected and by how much
3) Fix the exchange so its actually useful... i.e. far more search filters & list order options

Long term...

1) crafting... we need something far beyond Memory Alpha that includes mining materials, processing/refining, fabricating components, and assembly. I'd die to see variable results based on material quality combined with skill.
2) Expand some existing missions and additional missions to include different resolution paths. Included in this, I'd like to see different rewards, or even consequences if a wrong path is chosen. This is what Star Trek is about... alternate endings and rewards for innovation and creativity.
3) Interactive, explorable, customizable player ships. Every Star Trek TV show and movie existed "inside" the ship, not outside.
Lt. Commander
# 1425
03-31-2010, 08:58 PM
Short-term requests

Add audio to make exploration zones seem less like an empty warehouse/cave.

Mid-term requests

Rework sector space travel. Current sector space view should just be one view (astrometrics), travelling between systems should really be (a) plot a course from navigation view (full sector/system list), (b) wait x minutes. While waiting you could steer yourself using astrometrics view or hang out on your bridge, or wander anywhere in your ship. If you are attacked, red alerts happen and you need to change views to standard DSE. If you are within range of a trader/other NPC, hailing dialogue happens and allows for interaction.

Long-term requests

- 2D minigame puzzles for missions. play games, solve puzzles. There are enough web-games minigames that could easily be adapted to STO look and week and integrated into the game that would lead to Science or Engineering missions that had nothing to do with current pew pew pew, kill 5 X and move on.

- diplomacy style engagements. Encounter dialogs that likely leads to conflict but could, depending on branching of dialog, lead to non-conflict mission resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 1426
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
SHort Term:

Tooltips on what stats do. I still have no clue what the hell the emitters do. What's the difference between deflectors, deflector dishes and deflector arrays. I have no idea. Heck, I don't even know what auxillary power does. The game and manual sure as heck don't give me any info. What do bleedthrough and absorption mean for shields? Having stats is fine, but not if no one knows what the heck any of them mean.

Mid Term:

Decent, good end game content. I'm not close to the level cap, but when I get there I don't want to be bored out of my god **** skull by crappy end game content. I played CO so I know ya'll suck at it. Get to work on it.

Long term:

Fix the ground AI so it's not so stupid. Smarter AI = fun ground combat.
Lt. Commander
# 1427
04-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Short term goal:
- Balancing the classes and focusing on fixing the present bugs.

Mid term goal:
- Additional missions from past episodes that will relate to what players have already accomplished.

Long term goal:
- Make missions more fulfilling to the players. The star trek universe was based on voice-overs from key-people related to the specific TV episode. Cryptic should take advantage of it because it only adds to the experience. A good example would be like the star trek game Bridge Commander, utilized that voice-over concept to enhance the experience. I found myself during many of the missions just pressing "F" repeatedly to skip the dry dialogue.
Lt. Commander
# 1428
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I don't know what this falls into, but, speaking as someone whose friends don't have the game yet, I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the "five teammates needed for a fleet" restriction.

I've got what I think is a very good idea for a fleet, but having to find five people who meet that restriction just to start it is becoming an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 1429 Fleets
04-02-2010, 01:21 AM
We truly need more content for fleets.

1) Each fleet needs their own fleet base. I am a fleet leader and many of my fleet members would like to have in game fleet meetings to make the game more rpg like. Its hard to fit 30+ people on to one bridge and its confusing to have it in a public place.

2) Fleet leaders need a program that lets them know the dates when members joined their fleet. This makes promoting fleet members easier.

3) Fleets need fleet banners or crests of some kind. Something we can design ourselves and put on our ships and wear on our uniforms. Fleet uniforms are nice but anyone can make a uniform that looks the same. We need to be able to customize our look so that being part of a fleet means somethings more.

Sorema
The 58th Task Force
Fleet Admiral
Lt. Commander
# 1430
04-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Short term:
- Better tooltips for skills and abilities. I want to know exactly how things affect each other!
- Ability to see quest rewards, to be able to better prioritize between missions
- Ability to see how far I've progressed at Memory Alpha
- - more missions and random content (with priority on my own ship!)

Mid term:
- Memory Alpha and crafting big overhaul - let me decide what items to tweak and how to tweak them!
- More ship variants, for both Feds and Klingon
- Ability to play my beloved Akira effectively at admiral level

Long term:
- More playable factions
- Meaningfull PvP, something along the lines of how it works in Warhammer
- Ship (or ship parts) specific abilities, possibly cusomizable by players; better ship differentiation. (possibly with bonus if you use a "pure" design?)