> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
* Improved peacfull missions
* Better realm/server intergration and balance
* Improved sounds true to Star Trek universe
* Individual factions/race (EG seperate from fed/kling)
* System warefare (To conquer a system or fight over it) also to obtain and own planets with unique races
* Better exploration (EG to realy go places that no one has gone before
* More choices in how to complete content - ie, maybe missions with a diplomatic rather than a pure combat solution depending on choices you make during the mission.
* More stuff for fleets - fleet-owned starbases, "raid" interfaces that allow fleets to do fleet actions together, etc.
* More playable factions (romulans, cardassians, etc)
Personnel Note: I have left the long term examples as i believe they would seriously help this game. You seam to be aware already of what this game lacks. TBH all the things i have mentioned are things you promised to have a long time ago. These things need to be introduced fast, otherwise this game will die. I am struggling to enjoy this game atm and please do not try to follow the path of wow and introduce good content far down the line to get players, as it will not work with this game, you need to have followers first for it to work... this game does not. The first few months are the most crucial part of a game, if you can keep people interested then, you have them for life. Better get to work... fast! I for one thought you had a great idea but are failing to execute it... just like everyone else. Do not kill this idea and bring it back.
1. ability to zoom in to first person perspective all the way. put a switch in the options to limit this for those that don't like first person. I think this is needed to enhance those times when the game would be able to give a more immersive feel. ( first person on the ground and an out the window view in space)
2. point to point beaming via ship support. the opponents do this regularly by beaming in behind you etc. (this may be a medium term item)
3. key bind to toggle the HUD. (this may exist but i can't find it).
1. reference that explains the effect of various aspects of ship features eg. increases shield power +1 ( how many points/percent does this add or does it change penetration) , +1 torpedo weapons ( increases accuracy or gives more damage or increases number of projectiles), + 12% Alive crew( ok 12% more crew but what does this mean in terms of increase efficiency or attacks or repair or boarding parties or what) ( i got the game via steam so maybe there is a manual out there that covers all of this but i can't find it)
Hello, after playing the game for a couple weeks, here are my suggestions so far.
To start with, this is the best game I have ever played, so keep that in mind with my suggestions, as they are ideas of how to make a game I like even better.
1. It would be nice to have a Role Playing instance that people could manually switch to, this way everyone who wants to imagine they are in the star trek world and talk to each other can see each other at the same time. Or a social and non social instance, there are times people want to talk and times they want to play. Instancing may be keeping people apart who want to do one or the other.
2. More information from the developers about how to play the game, especially early on. If I had not played 2 other rpg's before this I would have been lost, overall there is less info on the game from the publishers when compared to other rpg's. Ex things I had to ask people in game, how do I change my ship once I have a new ship? I still don't know where the PvP areas are, I will have to ask someone or go on forum, there should be a longer guide on the website.
3. Get rid of all the NPC's walking around. They are starting to annoy me. I mean I would like to see either real players or NPC's that I can interact with, not all these random people walking around who do nothing but walk around.
4. Less instancing or bigger instances to allow for more people to play together. I just don't want to mess with it manually unless there is that roleplay option as stated above.
5. Later on start selling little fun things for cheap that do practically nothing, I'm not sure why I like this but it's fun.
6. Sell powerful collectible things or make more rare drops.
7. Don't over use the C-store as I think people should have access to most things for $15 a month, but use it for special things that people might be willing to spend a little extra for, not just as a way to make extra money.
8. Customizable ready room and quarters with furniture from the television shows. Example, buying fish for your fishtank, buying a sofa, placing little artifacts in the room. I don't think everyone would like this but I would.
9. Virtual pet, not one you fight with but kind of like a tribble that you have to feed every once in a while or something like this. Again, this may not be for everyone.
10. Remember it's a game, keep the focus on ways for the players to have fun while retaining the feeling of being in the star trek universe.
-Bridge officers should have back stories. These could range from general back stories available for anybody to race, department, or gender specific stories and they could have as many as made sense for a character. As a few examples: Born to Miners, Spacer Child, Child Prodigy, Famous Ancestor, Prestigious Archaeologist, Maquis Parents, Collective Flashbacks (for Liberated Borg). Random episodes could be generated based on these back stories (some may only generate one or two episodes, while others could carry on for many), not necessarily on a regular basis, but every now and then. Some more examples: if your Trill BO has the Desire to be Joined back story, they could have an episode where a Trill symbiote becomes available; a BO that's a Demoted Captain could disagree with you at a vital point in battle, stranding you in a system and forcing you to search the nearby planet for supplies and deal with an insubordinate officer; a Ferengi with a Traditionalist Father could have recurring episodes with a father that is continually disappointed that their child chose a position in Starfleet over making a profit and would constantly try to lure them back to their roots.
-Implement Departmental positions for bridge officers. Much like promotions, you'd have to have spent enough on them to appoint them to a certain department. However, other than just spending skill points to improve them, you would get bonuses based on the BOs skill and how long they've held the position. Perhaps other positions could become available if a BO has held a position long enough, more skills or powers could be available for the First Officer they longer they've held the position, or regeneration rates, turn rates, etc. could be improved by certain positions. You could start out with maybe just First Officer as Lieutenant. Then maybe First Officer and Chief Engineer or Chief Medical Officer as Lieutenant Commander. And so on and so forth. Other possible Departmental positions could maybe be Head of Security, Chief of Operations, Head of Sciences, Chief Tactical Officer, Second Officer, Head Conselor, or Head of Intelligence.
REMOVE LEVEL CAP. I haven't even started 'infestation' yet!
Bigger ships or higher ranking stations... why else have so many bridge officer slots?
More missions... especially requiring team work.
More access to Gamma Quadrant.
Scrapping of Memory Alpha to be replaced by a system where our own crews use the anomalies to research and develop upgrades. Another way of justifying so many crew slots. Also ties in with Exchange.
- System perhaps could allow for strange combinations of technologies.
MUCH more interaction with the world around us...
- INTERACTIVE Missions. Variable outcomes depending on choices made.
- True Problem solving missions with rewards varying according to success. Players don't just follow the instructions but have the ability to solve the problem in various ways... perhaps depending on particular skills (or combinations thereof) within crew. (Yes I am well aware of how much work this would be but would open an entirely new dimension to the game)
I made RA5 in 3 months! Now I've no reason to continue the missions (lvl Cap) nor to explore. (Too difficult to open Tiers).
Right now the only thing I would like to know would be whether or not this game is going to make it. I can tell that a lot of people have left this game. I made four friends early on and they are all not playing anymore. I bought a lifetime membership and what I would like to know is this:
If the game tanks do we get a refund for the lifetime membership?
- Orion female characters. Let us remove these ugly neck armor pieces.
- Orion female clothing options: The sexiest women in Star Trek if not all of sci fi should have more than one option which is a Klingon uniform and a pair of moon boots. We are humanoid females so it shouldn't be too difficult to do even if you gave us some of the fed options (i.e. boots) it'd be better than nothing
- DEF fix the pvp queue (I specifically refer to ground here as that is what I almost exclusively play). Nothing is more frustrating than waiting an hour to be on either side of a 1 vs 5 match. There should also be a "General Queue" so if there arent' enough people in one arena then they can get dumped into a random one with any other of five opponents who don't care where they fight as long as they fight
Large scale ground PVP. I love the ground PVP and want more. 5 vs. 5 on the same four arenas is getting old though.