Lt. Commander
# 1861 A few ideas
08-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Short term -
Just would like some better server stability. I hate mini-porting around when I move. It's just a little annoying getting bounced around jumping back and forth, side to side while I move about the communal ground instances.
Also round out some of the lower lips & ledges to facilitate ease of movement. There are a few areas that I get hung up at that have low rails or raised floor sections like in the Klingon Great Hall when heading to the bar area or fighting arena.
Clear up some cut scenes. I have yet to see my Klingon ship go to warp. It just disappears. Federation ones will occasionally as well. [fixed THANK YOU!]
Correct shadowing on the floor. I’m getting only half my body, usually the top, sometimes the bottom only shadowed. It looks like some disembodied spirit.
Visualizations corrected – Targs running backwards as they charge. You have beautiful graphics and it seems a shame that targs and other animals charge backwards. Of course, I wouldn’t want a targ to rub its butt on me either. [fixed the Targs, now the Attack Saurs. Thanks!]
A way to turn off the help queue.
A way to turn off gear. The Klingons don’t even get the option of wearing (visually speaking) the gear, the Feds can’t not wear them. [found how to turn it off. Sorry. Still would like the Klingon armor]
Speaking of gear, our uniform colors should affect the color of our armor. Or better yet, customize armor, too.

Mid-Term -
Additional uniforms for the Klingon faction. It would be nice to be able to switch up some uniform pieces to use on other races (like the Nausicaan face mask on the Lethean, etc.) Plus having some off duty outfits would be nice (not that Klingons are really ever "off duty")
Gizmos and gadgets. Some varied equipment that might be useful tri-corder updates or something like that.
More races for the Klingons. The Federation starts with 9 standard race options plus the Alien. Then they get 8 more that you can buy. Klingons start with 5 races, plus Alien, and 2 which you can buy. A little unbalanced I feel. Klingons may comprise a majority in the Empire, but then again Humans are the majority in the Federation. At least 2 more free races and hopefully 5 more purchased races. Among the free I might suggest perhaps Rasiinian or Kzinti (from the Star Fleet Battles, more tiger/lion-like feline race similar to the Caitian who seem more puma/panther like. Plus you woun't even have to change anything more than the head and how big the chest and arms get) Klingon Augments were my 1st idea for the purchased races - one feral- represented by the de-volved Worf in the Next Gen episode "Genesis". The other cerebral, represented by the human looking Klingons from TOS. Then you may include Tholian and Takaran. Then you could introduce more mercenary type races who would be able to be purchased by other factions as they are introduced. I might suggest the Yridain, the Retellian, and the Markalian.
The ability to earn Cryptic Points during play. What are we keeping track of points for earning accolades for? Many other games give you some sort of reward for game play to use in their online store.
Items to decorate the bridge and captains quarters. [Thanks for the start, I patiently await more]
Readjust consoles. Only have the II, IV, VI, VIII, and X, rename them to the correct sequence and make all new VI and up. PRICED APPROPRIATELY!
Considering the cost of vessels, you should be able to sell them like any other commodity. Even if it's just to sell them back at usual discounted rates.
Different missions other than, “Destroy 5 [insert enemy race here] squadrons” or “Beam down, take on [enemy race] group in landing area. Search map and kill 3 more groups, then fight boss group.” Boarding actions would be cool. More game type missions. For example, instead of the way the “Quarantine” mission plays out, have a visual of the cells moving on a Petrie dish and as you select things to add you visually see growth or retardation. Some other things like the scanning anomalies and matching the wave pattern. It would be nice to have a break from the space/ground combat. Some things require research. Dig through a library or data bank. Find clues to a mission like the one on Vulcan. Undercover missions and spy missions. Missions that you have to wear your off duty cloths on. Requests from your crew for shore leave and missions that may pop up. Look at history, not all conflicts were out in the open. Have some Section 31 missions that are taken against Federation personnel. Klingon ritual hunts or rite of passage type missions. I imagine the Klingons as Spartan/Samurai types, so use some mission types from RPGs that featured those stereotypes. The Federation should have moral quandary type missions. Do the right thing and you save millions, do it according to procedure and millions die. Cold War spy type missions, missions against allies, stealth missions, a mission that you can’t kill anyone on. Hail back to Thief, Uninvited, and Myst or even Maniac Mansion and Zak McKraken. Star Trek doesn’t have to follow the same type of mission of other MMOs. Think outside the box.

Long Term –
Having more than just the bridge. [Thanks for what you have added, and I understand there is more to come] There must be a cargo bay, sickbay, engine room and holodeck. Cargo bay for my storage could even be a mini game in and of itself. Have it like a 3D Tetris to get all that you want to fit into the cargo bay. Sickbay for fixes and heals, plus a place for tweaking your care abilities aboard your ship. Mini games of a sort where you have to link up rotating spheres or solve mind games to get a boost to some aspect of the sickbay. The Engine room would function like the sickbay, but for extra speed or power. Turn tiles or shuffle columns to regulate the flow of energy. A place for your consoles to tweak and modify what you already have. The holodeck can be used for even more different missions. Use some basic ones like 1920s gumshoe, Old (Ancient) West, medieval, maybe even as a test bed for future games you develop. R&D could be more of a mini-game situation.
ROMULANS- and for the Romulan races I might suggest – Romulan, Reman, Flaxian, Kobliad – the Romulans found a cure for them, Hirogen, Son’a – those that did not rejoin the Baku along with their subject races the Tarlac, and the Ellora. The subject of their ships would seem to be that if the Federation has a dedication to all around balance, the Klinons have versatility in crew; I might suggest the Romulans have versatility in technology. Perhaps a general console category with one extra at tiers 1 & 2, two at 3 & 4, and three at tiers 5 & purposed 6. The ability to place any type of weapon where ever the player wants (as long as the player has the rank for it); or even a throwback use of cloaking technology and use it for deception in thinking it is a vessel of a different faction and the Romulans can go into their territory and do their missions. The Romulan mission need to center on deceit and misdirection. The clothing options are quite large as, other than the Federation, the Romulans probably have the largest amount of uniform changes in the various series.
Lt. Commander
# 1862
08-08-2010, 06:35 AM
short: more side quests/missions

mid: more costumes, and ways to buy them

long:more playable races
Lt. Commander
# 1863
08-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Short term -Tatoos of our fleet symbol for our ,ahem, less clothed captains.
-Crispy/Toasty! Accolade!(yknow the vaporize opponents!)

Mid Term- More costumes

Long term- More playable races.
Lt. Commander
# 1864 One big thing fot me
08-08-2010, 02:13 PM
In some reasonaböe time spanner...

Please remake flying in space.. Or furthermore whole "space" experience. Sector space system does not give much of a Trek style experience of "The final frontier" It only feels like i am flying a radio controlled ship in small rooms with some other odditiea like those unnecessary lines and presentations of planet movements. Increase the scale of the space a lot and if travel takes too much time for people, enable a more comprehensive fast-travel system through transwarp conduits.

Sector space is rather good as a map but it certainly doesnt feel like boundless space.

This is the one great hope for me to improve immersoin and feeling of traveling through unexplored space.

There was many other wishes to add to game as well but many of them are adressed at moment or have been added in some scale or another.. Hopefully waiting for improvement such as right scale for interiors etc

Small edit here: Women also need dresses in line of those pants there are.. Not only C-store dresses but some simple parts of uniform as well.. For instance i have this TNG-series "uniform which includes shirt and a badge.. Some womed at that era also had dresses and not all were pants.
Lt. Commander
# 1865
08-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Quite simply I want you to sell me a reclass token on the cstore for around 800 cryptic points . That would make me insanely happy !
Lt. Commander
# 1866 mission bugs and STF'S
08-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Before season 2 release i was doing the terradome stf. i made it to wheres sulu the 3rd segment of the mission. after downloading the new patch i noticed that my terradome mission now read whispers in the dark the 1st segment of terradome. i was not happy to say it politely.....i submitted a ticket about while having faith that good would be met, well after 4 days of waiting i recieve a response that my problem cannot be helped, another unhappy feeling. then i decided to try again and so i make it to deja-vu 2nd segment and 2 times now its bugged. no coin tossers and nobody to give you the inhibitor, and my old one does not work....now im very un-happy. to be polite. please fix terradome... also please decrease difficulty of the STF missions so that everyone can enjoy the story line as it unfolds....i dont have 24hrs a day to play and hours to find a team to assist with these missions.
Lt. Commander
# 1867 Put it up for a vote
08-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaPel
In some reasonaböe time spanner...

Please remake flying in space.. Or furthermore whole "space" experience. Sector space system does not give much of a Trek style experience of "The final frontier" It only feels like i am flying a radio controlled ship in small rooms with some other odditiea like those unnecessary lines and presentations of planet movements. Increase the scale of the space a lot and if travel takes too much time for people, enable a more comprehensive fast-travel system through transwarp conduits.
I think that that subject would go up for a vote. I like it just fine. I see from TaPel's pic that it is an EVE icon and while EVE is fun, it certainly isn't Star Trek. Personally I couldn't stand how it took forever to get from one side of the EVE Universe to the other. This, more rapid means of travel, suits me just fine. Like a few other people have said, I don't have 24 hrs to spend waiting to get to where I want to go. Annoying expanses of empty space would drive me nuts. I have only an hour or 2 to play every other day and @ 4 hours on Sun, I don't want to spend a majority of my time flying to my missions. The missions are already long enough (not a complaint, but it would be if it took an hour to get to those missions).
Lt. Commander
# 1868
08-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Since a lot of my previous wish list has been satisfied I have a new one.

Short Term
Improve the variety of missions available from the Exploration mission generator.

Medium Term
Option to have player crew take the place of one or more BOff assignments in space

Long Term
Klingon content before any other faction is introduced with PVE comparable to Fed side up to max level
Lt. Commander
# 1869
08-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylbanus
Mid-Term -
Klingon Augments were my 1st idea for the purchased races - one feral- represented by the de-volved Worf in the Next Gen episode "Genesis". The other cerebral, represented by the human looking Klingons from TOS.
Ha. Just got to the augment mission. Looks like you guys were thinking that already.
Lt. Commander
re: idea 14
by Durath_of_****lar on 08 Aug 2010 09:34 pm
{idea 14} mid term (different languages communications mini game)

If all the race's in star trek were given unique languages that they speak and each player captain has minimum of 2 he understands from the beguining of the game that you can choose or sacrifice a captain passive skill at the beguining of the game to make room for more languages or give the skill "telepathic" the ability to understand all of these it will work like this. each faction can talk within their faction freely useing their common language or race to race useing racel language but to communicate across factions you have to be hailed to understand it for instance if a romulan in their warbird wanted to talk to my klingon in my bird of pray he would hail me and we would understand eachother freely and the chat wouldent be saying
"klingon: says something in klingon...
"romulan: says something in romulan...
but if i was a klingon on the ground in ground combat but i was schooled in the romulan languages i would understand the romulan fine becuase i would hear him say it without mechanical restrictions wich brings me to the mini game i want to explane. In space 2 romulan players are next to each other in sector space or the kerrat system or on a pvp map and im in my cloaked bird of prey spying on them or in my federation cruiser masking my energy signature ill hit the decode transmissions button or maybe go to my bridge and do it from there if thats ever made possible. Hiting this decode transmission button prompts a minigame that if i win i can listin to everything they are saying(ground mechanics for languages explained erlyer apply in this case accept the race of any of my BO's adds to my language understanding database) and if i choose respond if i choose to by the hail option wich looks like this
"klingonhail: hahaha ive spyed on your romulan conversation and my armada is on its way die well romulan scum"
the difficuly of this minigame could be aided by items the enime has or lessened by items you have in your device slots and another possible item for the device slots could be a universal translater that lets you understand anyones language they are speaking comming through your ship communications
this whole concept is stand alone good but limited currently to 4 sectors 1 klingon and fed system(kerrat) and the fvk pvp maps
It would be aided greatly if klingons could fly into federation romulan and cardassian sectors and the other faction players into klingon space