fix sit emotes
Away team on the fly swap
Show quest rewards in the quest log
Loot tracker/collector Shuttle
Merit credit/debit system instead of the currency system
When in the bridge, systems should act accordingly (eg: hail starfleet should appear onscreen), return to tactical
view, gets the character seated in the captains chair facing the screen. Ship's interiors and missions on the ship.
The promissed revolutionary crafting system (MA, BO, on ship Replicators)
Sorry at work and can't work on it consecutively.....
More Short term
make a guide to what you consider a time frame for short, mid and long range goals.
with multiple enemies auto targeting enemies instead of having to look for them while you are getting attacked from different angles
auto holster weapons when not needed
when incapacitated first priority for BOs is to heal you
if all are incapacitated lose some skill points
upgraded ground weapons for faster recharge
hand to hand combat clunky
mid and long term goails
an option to lock the camera on to closest enemy automatically
make the ship more usable such as using it from an attack stand point.
If in a hostile area enemies can beam to ship and fight it out or try diplomatic reasoning.
If needing to beam from ship to planet or starbase actually go to a transporter room. No one in the movies or shows beamed from anywhere else on the ship
When engaging enemy in space show the view of the bridge. dialouge could be put in or something to hail or recieve a hail from the attacking commander.
With ship repair if it will be changed in the future of the game make a starbase in each system. If your ship gets too damaged it can not repair itself so it has to dock to be repaired. This could cost time and money. We could either trade it for another ship of same clase across the three types. Or you can join another commander on their ship until yours is fixed.
If ship is damaged greatly we can detach the hull and get out asap from an attack. We shouldn't be locked in an attack with no escape if needed.
Enemy ship targets weapons, shields, warp core and so on if the BOs can not keep up with the damage then it needs to be taken to a starbase for repair.
I hope that we get a lot of feed back from many of theses positngs.
-Promised End level Content, working uniforms, and the missing races planned for launch
-Refund of my 6ish missing bridge officers eaten by the broken BO quests
-Quest rewards in quest text
-More of the promised content Including 2-3 more fleet actions 1 mid, 2 high
-Raid groups (Up to 20 players)
-2-3 More Playable races
-6-10 more ships for each available race
-Removal of combat missions from Explorations
-Return of Relief and Aid equipment to the replicator
-Research & crafting to be able to be done on Science vessels Tier 4+
-Customer service policies that are up to par for at least the 19th century
-Overhaul research: Remove physical items (Like Phasers) from the requirements and replace with EC requirements...the crap is just replicated anyway.
* Give us the option to train ground skills out of a different skill pool over space
* Need more info on what the skills do for me that I am spending my points in
* Some of the skills like planet bombardment are totaly useless. I do more damage from my gun then I do from my ship shooting down on the planet. The exploit cant even kill someone. The skill should be a out door only skill and buffed up to do more damage. Come on this is my ship firing down on people. Give if a longer cool down and up the damage to where its a one shot kill. And only use able out side, dont really want your ship shooting holes into the station your in or into that underground bunker/building your in.
* Fix the skills that break bridge offcers / dont let us train them in other skills from that skill
* Patrol Missions feel to much like a grind, and get old very fast. Most of the time I just put MES on and fly past most of the combat I would be forced to do with out it. Need to be remade or taken out and replaced with a more free patrol mission. You are Patroling a system why am I only limited to one planet in that system? What about the other planets in that system?
* Cluster Missions are all to very close to one another. Feels like once you done 10 cluster missions you done them all. Again like the patrol missions the system we are exploring should be more open. Why are we limited to just one planet.
* Random missions from starfleet would be cool. And doing 10 or some of these missions should not give me the impression that I have done them all. After doing a few it should still not feel like a I have done this mission.
* Give us citys/towns to do missions in. Not all worlds are on a primitive setting, or small colonies that dont even have something better then dirt path ways.
* Let us walk around our ships. They are also our homes why cant we walk around them?
* Give us the option to assign officers at Chief Engineer / Medical. They can help in ship repair rates and crew recovery.
* A crafting system! What is in game now is item turn in not crafting.
* High end fleet actions.
* Redo sector space and make the game one massive map. Like real space. I like the idea, but does not make it feel to real to me. Travel times should still be the same as they are now, but put it all on one map. This will allow people to explore systems and not just the planet that makes up that system right now. You would still have all the current speeds but Warp speed will just make it where going from one planet to the next planet faster then at full impulse or system to system.
When you want to go to a different system or planet in that system you would bring up your map and click on where you want to go. Much like how it is set up now. if distance is so far you would then go to warp after so long come out of warp at the place you wanted to be at. The travel times should be no different then what they are now. Just this would make the game more realistic.
This would also give you the ground work for open pvp and taking control over systems through pvp.
* Give us planets we can beam down to and explore that require suites.
* Give us a reason to have to use a shuttle pod over beaming to a location.
* Missions that have different paths to them. The choces we make during the mission should effect the outcome of the story being told. And our Chars down the road.
* A cavilion faction. We see all these freighters running around, why cant we be do that? We see hints to privitly owned ships in the shows let us have the option to explore life in the feduration but not apart of star fleet. Also adding on to that, what if I want to be one of the raiders attacking the civilion ships? Would like to see that option too. This would give more pvp options to the game as well.
Bigger instances -> getting more people in the same place pretty much forces interaction. Something this game badly needs.
Harder quests and death penalties-> There are a lot of opinions on this matter, but the consensus is that if its not challenging, the reward isnt really all that great.
Grouping & Teaming -> Its hard to make suggestions here because I dont see the direction that the designers were going for. All I can say is its broken and its impacting playability.
Relationships w/ BO -> This goes straight into immersion. Knowing your BOs and training them is supper imprtant. Also, I think it would be a good death penalty if you had a chance to lose one. A small chance, maybe.
Exploration-> instance new planets outside of the know quadrants. Star trek was always about the need to explore. Let us explore new things and set up rewards for it.
Fleet owned property-> this was a good idea. It gets a bit EvE-ish, but still fun.
Adding anything that gives the player more options for actions and customization is a good thing.
The original concept of the game was much better.. Dont get me wrong itís still cool but it is definitely disappointing in the fact that you really canít go and do what you want..
There is no freedom of choice inside the game. It seems they concentrated on alot of useless details and left the real game out. The battle design in bridge commander is much more detailed. you can target subsystems it makes it way more fun to play, Obviously the graphics are better the BC but still they half assed the detail it seems.
If im a little ship versus a big huge battleship I shouldnít win by just shooting until my fingers are sore. I should be able to target weapons to disable them to give myself time to defeat my enemy methodically not button mashing till one of us dies first.
It bugs me that I cant be on the bridge and operate my ship on the inside, see the view screen as I fly/battle talk to new races. I want to see fires on the bridge while I am fighting. Walk around my ship and do internal missions with great detail.
If I go to a planet I want to interact with whomever I want, open doors and investigate buildings. I want the CHOICE to kill my own people and become a renegade, I want to be able to be bad as well as good, I want the CHOICE to ram my ship into others, asteroids etc. I want to run into klingon players and kill them not just computer generated.
I want to take a shuttle down to a planet and fly around, explore with NO boundaries. Go to cities. I want to be like call of duty, rainbow six etc for how I can move about in the game, dodging, hiding behind walls etc not just stand there and button mash till my opponent dies.
They made a very simple game and it feels like not alot of detail has gone into it. I feel like I should just design my own game cause nobody seems to get it right.
Anyway if they took the best from bridge commander, the economy and rules of eve online ( which maybe getting my money again), the ground detail of call of duty, with the freedom of grand theft auto. It would be by far theeeeee best game ever made. But why do all that work when itís just easier to release this let down of a version.
I love star trek and the culture, but again another game has been hyped and hyped only to blend in with all the other crap out there. WHY CANT WE HAVE ALL THE UNIFORMS FROM ALL THE MOVIES!!
Enjoy the game because it is neat but it is not complete. I am sorry if this sounds negative but everyone is thinking it I am just saying it!
I want to thank everyone who's taken the time to post their top requests so far. This is something that will hopefully be very helpful to the developers, and should make it a lot easier for them to see all of our requests.
Just to reiterate - when you post, please try to stick to the short/medium/long-term format as much as you can, and try to keep things short and to the point. Feedback like this works best when they can boil it down to a list of bullet points, and then use that in their internal planning discussions.
1. Auto-refire available for all energy weapons on the ship, ideally. All beams at the very least.
2. Auto-holster weapon when beaming into a peaceful starbase or planet (earth stardock, Risa, etc)
3. Fix the Alpha Centauri deep space engagements to not have the NPC ships spawn-camping with large fleets that instantly burn through your shields when you warp in.
4. Better scoring in fleet actions and the like, that takes into account not only DPS, but healing, tanking, and scaling based on rank/level, so Commander Escorts don't automatically beat Lt-Cmdr science ships, etc.
5. Boff power store... I want to be able to filter the list by career, and by ground/space.
6. Speed up the ground combat a little. 20 phaser-shots to the face and the NPC baddies still aren't dead? I often feel it takes twice as long to get through a group of bad guys than it should.
7. Sun graphics.. This is something EVE did really well, but STO does not. Where's the sun in most of the space missions? If I can see it, it's a very lifeless disc out there. I think the overall environmental ambience would be much better with a well rendered sun.
1. Better indication and speed for unlocking more scientists at Memory Alpha. I've bought things there when convenient. I'm already Commander and can still only get Mk-II stuff there.
2. Renaming of ships and crew... why is it so expensive??? I'd have to blow all my hard-earned merits on renaming one of my boffs, that I've accumulated on the way up to Commander. Can I only expect to rename things once or twice in my career?
3. More documentation in-game as to what various points, bonuses, skills, etc really do. I'm having an awful time figuring out the details. Accuracy +0.1... is that good? I have no way to know.
4. More fleet actions. Perhaps some designed for a variety of fleet sizes, so that some are large, some are small... which allows for greater variety of tactics since the circumstances would vary more.
5. Difficulty slider, so I can tweak the level of challenge+reward.
1. Playable merchant/trader/crafter faction
2. More non-combat activities, which can include trading or crafting, exploration, mini-games, etc. I love the space combat, but I want other things I can do so I'm not just looking for things to shoot at all the time.
3. Missions you can volunteer for from a mission roster.
4. More ship variations
5. Ship interiors. I'd love to have missions that take place in the interior of my own ship, such as an intruder on-board, or a technical/repair mission, etc.
6. Perhaps a way to spend merits to upgrade earlier-tier ships with additional or better stations, consoles, hard-points, etc... so that they could potentially be upgraded a tier.
The ability to pull chat boxes out into seperate windows
Beam fire actually staying on my action bar so I don't have to pull it out everytime I beam down somewhere
Auto holserting in non-combat situations.
Skill point respecs for both characters and bridge officers
And for the love of all that is holy can we please NOT HAVE EVERY PLANET IN THE GAME HAVE A RING SYSTEM OR ASTEROID BELT AROUND IT.
More customization options for each ship tier.
More variety of missions on exploration, if I have to kill 5 more squarons of "Insert race here" around some planet again I might scream.
A death penality that doesn't involve loosing items or ships.
Group content for up to 10 players
A more advanced crafting system
More puzzle missions and less combat missions for PVE