Lt. Commander
# 1991 Eye Candy for the game
09-16-2010, 04:36 AM
A couple things occured to me that may qualify as short mid and long term ideas.

Planets - Planets seem empty in view that you never see any kind of life other than plants or enemy NPCs, maybe add some critters running around here and there once in a while to bring a world to life.

Ship Lounge, pot on the stove and no one cooking? Tru, there are NPCs walking around, but ya got soup burning on the stove and no one (npcs) actually setting at the poker tables/counters, the NPCs walk in, see the stove on fire and leave, least they could put the fire out (LOL). Maybe as Captain i could go to my ship lounge and buy a drink, or lunch. It shouldt be a replacement for the vendors in the common areas, but maybe a limited menu of some kind? (add edit - or visitors to the ship to get rare items that are earned in the game??)

Long term - The one thing that is most notibly missing on the starship is the Holodeck, not really sure how this might work, but it seems that a functiong holodeck might be interesting, (simulated battles,,,,interactive pacman??) just a thought any way.

**just thought of one more thing - Ship board invasion, or to put it another way, your happily heading back to SOL sector, sipping a min juliep in the lounge and suddenly red alert is sounded, your ship as just been boarderd by (insert bad guy here) and now your crew has to repel the boarders. Similar to being suced into a deep space encounter. This could be a totally random event of course, but it might spice things up. OK, i know you only wanted three items, but i couldnt resist adding this one to my post.

Anyway, thats my thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 1992
09-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonSatyr42
Borg stuff only for Lifers, though, cause most of us spent that $300 just for those Borg implants.
I spent it because I thought in a world where World of ******** and the like has been running rampant for years, they can't possibly bring out a rubbish Star Trek Online game engine, can they? Oh wait, they didn't even brother bringing ONE out, it's just recycled from superheroes online or whatever.

Note to self: Make sure real Star Trek creative staff are on board a project before you go diving in unawares.

Bye all, live long and prosper. I'm gonna disappear into Splinter Cell 4 and 5 for a while. I'll be back to see if ST:O can dig itself out of the quagmire in 6 months or so.
Lt. Commander
# 1993
09-16-2010, 09:09 AM
SHORT TERM

When I bought new playable race in C-Store it should unlock new customization options of Alien characters. Example: If I bought a Caitian, I should be able to make an Alien with a tail.

MID TERM

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=179836
Lt. Commander
# 1994 Short Mid Long
09-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Short,
* I would like the web sight to give us the options to send development teams thank you cards for content we love. would help build the community effect a little i think. and there is some nice stuff in the game i want to express my thanks for.
*More space for longer Bio, and a button to look over public type captains logs for those that wish to.
*few more ship paint and texture options
Mid
*Emotes more more more
*Emotion Emotes Happy sad ext..
*Balance out Carer's
Long
*Alternate ending options for the Weekly missions. i want a more personal story line.
* Talent respec options
* Fleet strongholds or Fleet created star bases.
Lt. Commander
someone wanted more carer choices. there is always the command track where you could buff your BOs skills with your kit or other players with you. Expand a AE effect or increase team damage or healing from your kit in pvp. At higher levels this choice might be able to have an BO on hand at all times even teamed.
Lt. Commander
# 1996
09-16-2010, 11:45 PM
To be able to right click something I want to sell in my inventory to copy the name of it, and be able to paste it in the Exchange search bar to check what the item is selling for. Be a lot easier than typing everything out.
Lt. Commander
# 1997 A little help
09-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfrox
Planets - Planets seem empty in view that you never see any kind of life other than plants or enemy NPCs, maybe add some critters running around here and there once in a while to bring a world to life.
This is from the Engineering Reports. Check these out for updates as to what the dev team is working on and where it is in development.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=180790

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
To be able to right click something I want to sell in my inventory to copy the name of it, and be able to paste it in the Exchange search bar to check what the item is selling for. Be a lot easier than typing everything out.
Just drag the item you have to the entry area on the buy tab and the whole name will appear and just hit search.
Lt. Commander
# 1998
09-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylbanus
Just drag the item you have to the entry area on the buy tab and the whole name will appear and just hit search.
Tried it and it doesn't work.

Just tried it again and still doesn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 1999
09-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
You can drag the item to the left to sell instead of typing the name of the item. No need to type when you can drag the item over. Only part you need to type is the amount you want for the item.
Lt. Commander
# 2000 It can be hard
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Tried it and it doesn't work.

Just tried it again and still doesn't work.
It took a second for me. The cursor doesn't need to line up, the top of the item does. Just move it around until the entry box lights up a light blue and then let go. It may take a few tries to get it right.