Lt. Commander
# 2031
09-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahm_bomb View Post
Short Term:

1. Super customizable ships. Allow us to be able to use parts from previous tiers of ships and (if possible) allow us to place the parts anywhere on the ship.

3. Cruisers should be granted passive abilities that increase threat generated by a huge margin to allow proper "tanking"

4. More melee weapons

Long Term:

1. Fleets being able to create their own instances for fleet actions.

2. Allow the prime directive to become a more influential role. Currently i feel that it isn't even part of the game

3. A trip to the Continuum would be extremely cool (more missions with Q would be great too)

4. There should be no confrontation; only retaliation in sector space. Not just seek and destroy everything

5. More uses for GPL, holo-emitters should be permanent with a 24 hr cd.
I like these ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2032
09-26-2010, 06:04 AM
Short Term:

- Please give us the option to disable tips...or just let them pop up once and thats it.

- Add the sovereign bridge to the game...it's my personal favorite and I'm sure people would rather like to see the sovereign bridge than some custom one. And while your at it...plz rework the sovereign itself. It still doesn't look like the real thing.

Mid term:

- Bring back Power HUE or something similar. I'd really love to change my weapon colours again. Especially RP players would benefit from it. Maybe you could limit each type of weapon to 2 or 3 colours...lets say orange, blue and red phasers; red and green disruptors; blue and yellow tetryon etc.

- Let us replay missions. There are some really great ones out there, that are worth playing over and over again.

Long Term:

- I'd love to see raids that require players to take on the role of bridge officers (player crew).
Lt. Commander
# 2033
09-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Short Term:
-Things to do on the bridge (Such as minigames or setup of ship or somthing to do with friends maybe)

Mid Term:
-Open the ships up with differnt rooms to use for missions. Such as science rooms to use scanners, Canteen to relax and gen food, medical bay where you can see the doctor and make requests on how he works when under attack (in all series there was a lot of time spent in medical) Just open ships with stuff to do in your own time.

LONGGG TERM-
FREEDOM! the worlds should be able to be explored freely. Beam down points and the ablility to go to places in the series. POI with rewards. Warp should be warp not something that pretends to be. Just look at Legacy and impant that style into the game to travel to the different planets. We should be able to travel to a world and expore it in our own time. Even to visit Earth and go to Starfleet command station would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 2034
09-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackadder View Post
Bring back Power HUE or something similar. I'd really love to change my weapon colours again. Especially RP players would benefit from it.
I'm a roleplayer and I like that the weapons look like they should in accordance to what has been shown on screen. >_>

But YES to disable tips!
Lt. Commander
GulDuvek/Zigz = Idea: Can we insert a Fleet Tag to the ships and character, so we can identify what fleet that individual belongs too.

Ironmike/Ankah = Idea: To help boost PVP. When you queue PVP either in space or ground battle, everyone should receive one (1) Emblem point reward for participating everytime you queue and complete the PVP. The team that wins the match should receive two (2) Emblem points for there reward.
Lt. Commander
# 2036
09-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Short Term

Resize planets. Seriously, wtf, dudes, wtf? Pebbles do not a planet make.

Medium Term

Proper LCARS throughout the entire game. By proper I mean that the devs actually bother to read-up on the design rules of LCARS and implement it not only on every viewscreen in the game (on Federation side) but also as the GUI for interacting with the game.

I honestly think that this would be a major improvement to the playability of the game. I big part of playing a Star Trek game is the immersion in the milieu and currently, I'm not really all that immersed.

Long Term

Redesign every mission in the game so as to include an element of choice and decision-making with variable outcomes (rather than binary success/failure) based on those choices. I'd like to play a diplomatic Picard-like character and also a warrior-like Worfesque character who fights first and contemplates his actions later.
Lt. Commander
# 2037 I like this long term goal
09-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpsonsParadox
I'll bite.

Short Term

- Lettting Engineer ground fortifications (IE: Phaser turrets, medical generators, etc) be built instantly when out of combat.

- Greater variations within each ship 'level', model wise.

- Better documentation. Seriously. Just get one guy to write more stuff to skills so I know what I'm getting when I click the "Add Points" button.

Mid Term

- Greater ground variation. More skills, less wait time, new tactics, better crouch camera.

- Less repitition. I want to be able to level to 20 without having to do repeatables, thank you very much.

- Better design. It seems that every new tier of ships has its own set of problems (ex: In the 11-20 level range, the cruiser is pretty much useless).

Long Term

I don't really have any long term goals. In fact, I'm against long term goals. STO has so many short term and mid term problems that focusing on long term goals seems almost criminal.

I did not really agree with this article til I got to the long term option and Kudos!
Lt. Commander
# 2038 Absolute Nessesities
09-30-2010, 10:48 AM
All I wish for is a more interactive game... Making it were Feds and Klinks cannot go into each others territories was a huge error. Now if there were 6 playable races I would understand, you could then close borders up for treaties and all. But right now the game is getting boring Same ol dailies, basically no fleet interaction ever and I have been in a lot of them.. If this game allowed, say klinks to group up and stage raids in federation territory, that would be a lot better. It would allow us to surprise attack, no PVP Q in this case, but it would force both sides to work together, in this case the feds could be alerted of an attack by "Federation HQ" and go help out. Of course, as game grows, borders would be put up for the sake of peace treaties, etc and others would open up and go to war, allowing attaks again... Just an idea, this is getting lame quick but I keep coming back hoping for changes..
Lt. Commander
# 2039
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
I'd like the ability to participate in war games. In practice, this would work like duels in other games.

In sector space, I could challenge another captain to a match. We'd zip to an instance like the deep space encounters work, and have it out.

It would also be neat to be able to take two groups and have them challenge each other.

It would be neat to be able to challenge your friends (and enemies!) but it could also be useful from a perspective of testing ship and skill builds.
Lt. Commander
# 2040
10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not really good as far as term periods. What I think might be short term could take 6 months to work out so I'll just list a couple of things I'd like to see the game change.

The first thing I'd like to see changed is the lack of randomness in most non-episode missions. Instead of Do 5 X in a patrol or exploration I'd like to see it mixed up. Why gather 5 anomolies? Why not gather 1 anomoly, scan 1 disabled ship, defeat 1 ship protecting a base, beam down to a base and turn off 1 computer, and then defeat the boss there. Each time you go into a mission the 5/6 objectives will always be random like that. That keeps things from feeling overly repetitive.

The second thing I'd like to see is pre-loading of zones. When I click on Pico to start flying there the game should automatically start pre-loading Pico so that by the time I get there I can instantly load into the zone with no screenshot delays. Likewise when I'm in the zone if the mission is to go to and beam down to a planet or base the zone should be auto-loading while I'm flying to the planet or asteroid base. Smooth transitions like that would be a huge plus toward making the game feel less istanced - it certainly works for WoW.

The third thing is just more ship, race, and ground equipment variety. T1-4 need a lot more ships so that it doesn't always feel like you're using the same ships over and over. The Federation has hundreds of species so more BO variety would be great too. I can see where you'd want players to pay for player races but BO variety is greatly needed. And finally with equipment, there needs to be more variety. It seems like everyone's using the same ground gear over and over. Rather then making certain weapons good and the rest average find ways to make people want to use different guns, shields, and armor, and kits.

The last thing is just more missions. The weeklies are a good 15 minutes of fun but every rank in the game needs to have twice as many missions. More missions means more variety - and it also means slowing down the XP cycle a bit so that everyone is getting to VA in 60-80 hours of play.