Lt. Commander
# 2051
10-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Short-term requests

Switching characters: A change or switch character button added to the game saves players login off andf then back in again every time they want to move from one character to another
Episode List: Adding the mission/episode reward and episode/reward giver infromation at the bottom of the description.
Back button added to dialog/vender windows.:

Mid-term requests

Reworking of the Skills and Atribute systems : Mainly spitting thease up so that ground and space skills and atributes are completely seporate from each other
Reworking of the Ground combat and Ground AI systems:
Bindable Equipment Coupple of Suggestions
Any equipment that is bound to a player should be account wide or fleet wide (if the player wishes), as one the player surpasses the need for that item e.g. (upgrading from MK X to MK XI gear), the item is effectively wasted usually sold for credits or places on a ship that the player will hardly ever use (not true for every one)
Were as:

1. If the item was bound to the players account, they could pass the item down to any other character (that are sufficiently ranked to use the item) thus furthering the use and worth of said item.
2. If the item was bound to the fleet, the player could then pass down that item to any fleet member that is of sufficient level to use the item, again and again until it is either stored in the fleet bank for use by new member or sold for credits, again furthering the use and worth of that item.

Additionally all players should be given a chance to unbind the item (at cost, merits or credits) so they can either, trade to another player, fleet member or for that item to be placed on the exchange, this once again furthers the use and worth of the item to the player.

Another idea we feel strongly about is that players should have the option to trade in bound items for other items of its class e.g. if a player has purchased an Anti-Proton dual cannon but then realises they actually wanted the Dual heavy cannon variant they should be able to trade in the item with the items vendor (maybe at a slight cost if the item has been bound) rather than discarding the item as this is generally a waste of the players time and effort going out and collecting double the amount of emblems, badges, marks, medals for the items they wanted.

Long-term requests

End Game Playability: More focus on having missions players can do when they reach endgame, diplomatic, crafting (yes missions to do with crafting e.g salvage missions) and combat maby hybrid missions were you get to do elements of all three or even just two.
360 Degree Space flight:
Moreplayable Races : by that i dont mean federation.kingon players you can play as but actual races you can player as e.g dominion, ferengi, borg, and missions to go with thease (NOT just pvp )

Over all a huge push in PVE content is needed for the longevity of this MMO.
Finaly PVE content that flows together not simply disbanded mission that have you going here there and every were for no reason i think alot more needs to go in to tieying in each mission in to the story line in alot more deapth.

I have compiled a list of feedback ad suggestions that address some and more of thease points here Season 2 Feedback and suggestions please feel free to discuss comment and furter suggest.
Lt. Commander
# 2052
10-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal-Access View Post
Short-term requests

Switching characters: A change or switch character button added to the game saves players login off andf then back in again every time they want to move from one character to another
Episode List: Adding the mission/episode reward and episode/reward giver infromation at the bottom of the description.
Back button added to dialog/vender windows.:

Mid-term requests

Reworking of the Skills and Atribute systems : Mainly spitting thease up so that ground and space skills and atributes are completely seporate from each other
Reworking of the Ground combat and Ground AI systems:
Bindable Equipment Coupple of Suggestions
Any equipment that is bound to a player should be account wide or fleet wide (if the player wishes), as one the player surpasses the need for that item e.g. (upgrading from MK X to MK XI gear), the item is effectively wasted usually sold for credits or places on a ship that the player will hardly ever use (not true for every one)
Were as:

1. If the item was bound to the players account, they could pass the item down to any other character (that are sufficiently ranked to use the item) thus furthering the use and worth of said item.
2. If the item was bound to the fleet, the player could then pass down that item to any fleet member that is of sufficient level to use the item, again and again until it is either stored in the fleet bank for use by new member or sold for credits, again furthering the use and worth of that item.

Additionally all players should be given a chance to unbind the item (at cost, merits or credits) so they can either, trade to another player, fleet member or for that item to be placed on the exchange, this once again furthers the use and worth of the item to the player.

Another idea we feel strongly about is that players should have the option to trade in bound items for other items of its class e.g. if a player has purchased an Anti-Proton dual cannon but then realises they actually wanted the Dual heavy cannon variant they should be able to trade in the item with the items vendor (maybe at a slight cost if the item has been bound) rather than discarding the item as this is generally a waste of the players time and effort going out and collecting double the amount of emblems, badges, marks, medals for the items they wanted.

Long-term requests

End Game Playability: More focus on having missions players can do when they reach endgame, diplomatic, crafting (yes missions to do with crafting e.g salvage missions) and combat maby hybrid missions were you get to do elements of all three or even just two.
360 Degree Space flight:
Moreplayable Races : by that i dont mean federation.kingon players you can play as but actual races you can player as e.g dominion, ferengi, borg, and missions to go with thease (NOT just pvp )

Over all a huge push in PVE content is needed for the longevity of this MMO.
Finaly PVE content that flows together not simply disbanded mission that have you going here there and every were for no reason i think alot more needs to go in to tieying in each mission in to the story line in alot more deapth.

I have compiled a list of feedback ad suggestions that address some and more of thease points here Season 2 Feedback and suggestions please feel free to discuss comment and furter suggest.
Seconded, all of the above
Lt. Commander
# 2053
10-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Short Term:
I'd like to see ground battles have more audio involved. I'm not necessarily expecting complex voice-overs for my bridge officers, but right now, the audio of ground combat is surrealistic in its lack of sound. The only thing you hear is weapons fire and grenade/mine explosions. That's it! No one grunts in pain, you don't hear the thud of bodies hitting the floor, even when you kick a piece of debris it makes no sound as it skids across the floor.

Turn up the ambient noise volume. There seems to be massive volume discrepancies between a weapon firing and the surrounding background, and I can barely hear the ambient noise on planets. Also there needs to be more of it. I was on a world the other day and it was raining - a silent rain. I should be hearing the rain pattering on the ground. Even some thunder, perhaps.

Destroyable objects. I have advanced weaponry. If enemies are hiding behind a pesky crate, I should be able to vaporize it, disintegrate it, or cause it to explode. If a phaser can blast its way through solid rock, a crate or storage container should not be an obstacle to my line of sight.

Fleet member log in/out notifications.

A lot more combat feedback. I'd like to know what my boarding party did to the enemy ship. I'd like to know if I have a weapons malfunction, etc. etc. Right now, I'm not even sure what is affecting my ship and how - nor do I know how I'm affecting the enemy ship. Perhaps this already occurs in the combat chat window, but that spams too fast to be of use during a battle. That's only useful to see what happened after its over.

Mid Term:
A lot of work needs to be done with ground missions, and not just with combat. For example, it would be nice to actually see cities with actual roads, vehicles, people walking about, etc. Most ground missions have us in places that could just as easily fit in the "sword and sorcery" genre of MMOs: Dirt paths, isolated little villages, and most of them have no NPCs out and about. I just find it very un-science fiction to beam down to an embassy only to find it in the middle of a forest with dirt paths and a few out-buildings around it. Embassies are not put in places like that. They are built in large cities.

Make planetary surfaces more mysterious by adding a reason to explore them. Adding random "surprises" would give us a reason to explore rather than just nabbing the mission objective and beaming out. Unexpected encounters with local wildlife or native inhabitants would be interesting. Have an old set of ruins to explore, maybe some mini-quests to stumble across - these quests could be nothing more than saving someone's kitten from a tree or as big as saving a town from a nuclear meltdown (a perfect opportunity for some minigames here) for some unexpected loot, energy credits, or diplomacy points. What makes it fun is that you don't know ahead of time what you'll encounter. These side show quests can be randomly determined as the computer generates a star cluster mission, and some planets will have them and some will not, but it will give us a reason to go wandering about on new worlds.

Change the fleet action reward system. I really have no motivation to do fleet actions because spending an hour in one just to walk away with an engine battery isn't my idea of time well spent. Handing out rewards based on dps dealt in a single fleet action isn't the way to go here. If you want to keep the dps system, that dps should be cumulative, i.e. the amount of dps accumulated in one fleet action is added to the dps dealt in another so that a player can work up to better loot over time. I don't think fleet actions should be a competitive event, and rewards shouldn't be given based on comparisons to other players' dps.

Long Term
Sector space overhaul, and I'd really like to see those ugly spheres actually look like stars and planets. I'd also like to see them not have any collisions with ships. I really hate it when I get hung up on a star, planet or one of the orbital rings. That's especially true when my slipstream time is being wasted

The ability to train bridge officers to be captains and then have those captains command your other ships in a solo, 2, or 3 man fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 2054 Redemption
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
In TNG: Redemption, Captain Picard assigned members of his bridge crew to command positions aboard various Starfleet vessels. These ships comprised an ad hoc task force that was sent to detect possible Romulan involvement the Klingon Civil War.

Short-term requests
Allow players to designate one of the ships in inventory as Fleet Support. When Fleet Support is used this vessel will respond.

Mid-term Requests
Group ships in the inventory into a Task Force in much the same way as Bridge Officers are selected for the Away Team.

Rear Admiral, Lower Half 3 Ships
Rear Admiral Upper Half 4 Ships
Vice Admiral 5 Ships

Deploy the Task Force in NPC fleet actions, missions, and designated episodes.

Assign Bridge Officers with the rank of Lt. Commander or Commander "to command" specific ships in inventory.

Assigning/Transferring/Reassigning a Bridge Officer would cost points. Adding or removing a ship from the Task Force would require points. The player's ship is designated as the "Flag Ship."

Long-term Requests
Allow players to combine their Task Forces for use in PvP actions.
Lt. Commander
Kha'Lan: Idea = Let have a weekly area of control "Federation Verse klingon Empire".Allow a special ship to be purchased specifically for a space battle. If your ship gets damage or destroyed you either pay for repairs or purchase a new one. This idea also applies to the main character in ground battle example battle armor,ground weapons and personal shield. The rewards for capturing the territory receive a special station for defense and can purchase special items from the NPC store's. Taking control over the territory should last once per week.

Kha'Lan:Idea = Let have a special one time only player designed ship for killing "X" amount of enemy faction at certain levels. Allow us to design a ship, so we can choose which type of console's we could put in the vessel when we reach a certain title or level. To receive the reward you would be require to kill 2,000 enemy faction. You would also have to go through a long quest to get special materials, weapons and to research console items from derelict ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2056 wishlist
10-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Full disclosure, i'm a relatively new player.

Short Term
1. I'd like the captain database to update my picture. All my characters still show as N/A photos.
2. Better fleet notification, who's on, who's not, who just came on. (This may be there, but I am having trouble finding it, if so then more front and center please).
3. A switch character button instead of fully logging out.

Mid Term
1. The ability to click an item in my inventory to attach it to mail, instead of having to drag and drop.
2. Update the tooltip on torpedoes to show the damage vs shielded/unshielded targets. As it stands now, the tooltip's DPS is misleading to new players (it lead me to think photon is always the best choice).
3. Either more PvE options for Klingon, or more PvP incentive for Federation because in certain leveling brackets the queue times are interminable.

Long Term
1. It has been said, but more ambient noise on ground missions - weather and NPC sounds.
2. More music variety in space and on the ground.
3. Artwork updates and more choices for Klingon ships. Perhaps a Gorn skin for Klingon ships, I would be fine if they had the same stats but just looked different. Last night I hit Lt. Commander on my Klingon and chose a BoP. I was shocked that I didn't have any customization options other than paint.
Lt. Commander
# 2057
10-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Short-Term
- Make more space encounters look like you are actually in space. (i.e., there's nothing but a deep starfield. No nebulae, no rocks, etc.) I don't mind the occasional pretty background, but let's face it, that's not what space looks like.
- On/off toggle that sets whether your away team automatically targets your current target every time.

Mid-term
- More balanced ground combat. I feel like everyone's running around like little school children when a fight breaks out half the time. Use Mass Effect as an example. That kind of ground combat would work beautifully with STO
- More re-spawn points during ground combat missions. I don't mind so much having to re-spawn and try it again. What really sucks is when I have to walk/run through the entire complex again to get to the last group of bad guys who will undoubtedly kill my away team once again, repeating this process.

Long-term
- More exploration/mystery/puzzle missions. I always expect combat missions now... that shouldn't be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 2058
10-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Short-term requests
Allow players to designate one of the ships in inventory as Fleet Support. When Fleet Support is used this vessel will respond.
This is an awesome idea!
This would give you something to do with your old ships, give you a reason to keep one or two of them armed up with good equipment, and give you confidence that when you press the Fleet Support button, you're going to get some real help, and you'll have a good chance of surviving the battle.

I'd also like to point out that the Fleet Support capability has a ridiculously long recharge time. If there are two times in a mission that I seriously need some help badly, I should be able to call for help! Its Starfleet! We're not some ragtag bunch of people who can't communicate?! When a Captain needs help, he gets it as quick as possible! Perhaps adding in a delay from when you call for help, because a ship isn't necessarily close by would even things out. Allow you to call for help more often, but there's a random amount of time you have to wait for a ship to arrive due to their proximity. Could be a couple of seconds as they warp over from the next star system, or up to a minute as a ship a further distance away has to travel to get to you.
Lt. Commander
Hiya's I play Commander Thomas Haney in the Federation and was thinking of something might be handy,..or might not, to be able to buy with GPL.

I am asking if it'd be possible to put together 'contrband' merchants throughout the federation n klingon areas,.. possibly run by ferengies or another viable merchant class for klingons. Make it possible to deal in weapons, starships, possibly even a currency market,...never know. But, ever since the star trek roleplaying game came out, i've wanted to captain an orion smuggling ship.

give me a hollar n see what ya think..

markereiss@gmail.com

any and all correspondence would be great,..just note "STO' in the message heading,... I'm a player, not a developer.

thanks,

Mark / Commander Haney
Lt. Commander
# 2060
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
I like Mortimer.Rex style of thinking, the Klingons could certainly use GPL in a more "colourful" manner.