Lt. Commander
# 201
02-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Stickying this thread. Honestly? Mostly for my own refference so I can come back and find it easier myself. There's a lot of good stuff in here. Thanks guys!
Lt. Commander
# 202
02-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I'll add another (short term?) request:

A firing / testing range near starting SB / Home world, where I can fire at an indestructible target to test weapon damages. Maybe add somemoving target drones, etc.

Ooh Ooh! I agree with this one a lot!!! Perhaps a holodeck to do the same thing for ground? Even if that's all the holodeck did that will kill two birds with one stone in my book.
Lt. Commander
# 203
02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Short term
* Auto-loot key
* Fix the UI for I can actually use presets
* Don't have mobs camp the spawn points

Mid-term
* Make uniform options purchasable in the C-Store
* Condense Memory Alpha and show "crafting" progress

Long-term
* Give me a ready room and pixel crack to fill it with
* In-game voice chat
* Make failure have some sort of consequence. Kamikazi tactics should not be valid.
Lt. Commander
# 204
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Short-term requests

These are small things that seem like they could maybe be done within a patch or two.

Stop items in my inventory and on my ship from disappearing/changing into something else. And for the love of your selected diety please give me back my missing mk4 EPS console.
Allow "fire all energy weapons" to be put on auto fire.
Stop incoming messages from popping up dead center screen anytime they want. If the UI can't remember incoming message preferences (window location, size, etc.) at least give us the capability to delay them from appearing until we're ready.

Mid-term requests

These are things which realistically would take a couple of months for the devs to do, given dev time, testing, balancing, and so on.
Give cruisers more base power since they have "massive warp cores"
Fix T4 cruiser turn rate (shameless plug: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=105215 )
Give science captains some sort of alternative to the flying lollipop ship hulls they get at T3.

Long-term requests

These are "direction of the game" kind of things. Stuff that you want them to do over the next year or two of the game's development.

Examples:
More choices in how to complete content - ie, maybe missions with a diplomatic rather than a pure combat solution depending on choices you make during the mission.
Dynamic critter generator for the ground game so space doesn't feel so empty. (another shameless plug: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=85552 )
More dynamic content off of the sector map (distress call missions, priority assignments, one-on-one type deepspace mini encounters).
Lt. Commander
# 205
02-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Short-Term Requests
-Improved team grouping so that teams can enter instances together or reserve an instance together
-Bridge Officer pre-order uniform fixing
-Ability to sidekick or exemplar team mates see here
-Ability to redo all patrols at your difficulty level (so I can go back to a planet and fight Gorn at my level)

Mid-Term Requests
-More ship model customizations, especially the starter ships
-Ability to make older ships more on par with higher level ships (so its not out of the question to fly in an Intrepid when at Admiral rank)
-Add spacial phenomenon that impact a ship - for instance a wormhole that pulls your ship through to an unknown system, a meteor shower that impacts your ship forcing you to fly through it, a spacial energy wave that if your caught in it can disable some of your systems making it a necessity to avoid it.

Long-Term Requests
-More fleet actions spanning different encounters (so more than 1 fleet action for Klingons, more than 1 fleet action for Romulans) and also minor race encounters (so were not always fighting Klingons, Romulans). Also ongoing ground warzones - similar to fleet actions but things such as defense of an outpost where you fight off waves of enemies on the ground or perform actions that aid the progress of the war effort
-Give ground exploration missions random encounters from different species (non-sentient attacks that are randomized and unexpected) this will give more depth to searching for sensor readings
-More to do on a bridge (ready room/medical bay/holodeck)
-Ability to engage in pvp using a toggle function similar to WoW (mainly for RP purposes if I wanted to Rp an impostor I could engage in combat with those in my team)
-Boarding parties (instead of destroying battleships you can beam over and fight on board to disable them/alternatively enemy ships that launch a boarding party onto your ship that you can choose to fight in)

Sorry for adding more than 3 but I like many have so many idea's to improve
Lt. Commander
# 206
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Mid-term requests

OK as it stands the game has no risk and adding the standard reduced hp/dmg for x amount of time penalty just wont work too well in sto. So I came up with an idea Module damage! give all the ships modules 5 star's each time you die randomly one of the modules will get damaged to the point it cannot be repaired. So each time you die you loose 1 star till you hit 0 and the module is destroyed.

This also opens up the option to maybe adding an in game repair station where the modules can be repaired but the chance on repair depends on how many stars it has 4 stars ok no problem we can fix that 2 stars we can try to fix it but the module may break.
Lt. Commander
# 207
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I'll try to cover some stuff that hasn't been mentioned too much.

1) More mission variety. I love the way that space looks and feels, but how about some "indoor" environments? Inside a large space creature (i.e. Star Wars), a shipyard, asteroid, etc. Maybe even add some "on planet" star ship action. I know that this very rarely happens in the ST universe, but the more diverse areas, the better.

2) More refined ground combat. It's rather enjoyable, but we need more variety. Clicking the same two buttons at the lower levels is absolutely dreadful. Of course, you unlock more abilities as you level up, but that's assuming people will stick around to do that. Add some hand to hand combat or bladed weapons (like Sulu used in STXI) to reduce the monotony. This leads to...

3) Revamped animations for ground combat. I'm not sure who the lead animation artist is in STO, but there's quite a bit of "jerkiness" in a lot of the ground combat. It should be much more fluid in terms of transitioning from one animation to another.

4) Large scale PvPvE battles. **** introduced it, and I'm hoping that STO can refine it. Give us certain areas of space that open up at certain times during the day/week and allow Klingons, Feds, AND a random third party (Romulans, Cardassians, etc) to go at it for temporary stat bonuses for that faction.

5) On ship missions! I know that Cryptic is working on this, but a lot of things that happen in ST happen on the ship itself. Also give us collectible items that we can use to customize our interior ship/quarters.
Lt. Commander
# 208
02-09-2010, 02:20 PM
To the OP of this thread - Thank You! This is exactly what the game needs. Good CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.

To the DEV that sticky'd - Thank You! It's nice to know that the community's interests are important to the company that is making the game.

To all the participants - Thank You! It's nice to see people trying to give honest feedback to make the game better.

Short Term:
-More Server Support
-Stronger Communication from the DEVs in general as to the "goings-on" with the game, it helps the community know that you are INVESTED in the game. Some of the news posts on the main page are obsolete, and it makes the leary wonder how invested you are, and consequently how invested we should be.
-A comprehensive manual. Something that will help a lot of the new people - especially to MMOs - with understanding the skills and capabilities of all of your options for your character, crew, and ship. If you are marketing this to the Trekkers, don't assume they are also MMO experts.

Mid Term:
-Mission Variety: Diplomacy/Dialogue Options, Distress Signals, Spacial Anomalies
-Threat Race Tactics: The ship skins is the only real variety in space battles, and I say mid-term because in the early game you can survive on the WOW factor of just seeing the different vessels. Later levels - not so much.
-Surrender? Every race fights to the death? I would guess most pirates would "peace out" after losing 75% of the task force.
-A more user friendly way to know the location of your teammates on the maps.

Long Term:
-100% buy-in from Cryptic. Something that inspires me to know that there are BIG plans for this game.
-More ship variety at all Tiers (specifically Tier 3, 4 nacelles is UGLY).
-A more comprehensive storyline for Klingons (and the content it would require)
-Cardasians
-A PVP system overhaul

A lot has already been covered, and some of this has been repeated ad naseum, but there is my list.

Thanks for listening.
Lt. Commander
# 209
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Short Term
  • Tiered Fleet Actions

Mid Term
  • Team Missions(ground) with objectives that REQUIRE the skill sets of the traditional Star Trek rolls. Aka - you must be an engineer to do one part of the misssion, a science officer to do another part ..etc.

Long Term
  • Space Storms that move around the sector maps -- If they catch us make a 'storm' mission that requires (space)navigation skills and (ground/on ship)timed mini games for doing ship repairs.
Lt. Commander
# 210
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Greetings, here are my ideas:

short:

- fix the awayteam KI. They get stucked so often or placing generators ever and ever and ever again...
- Explore Missions: more groundskins, i know there are more skins. But why every base on the ground looks like memory Alpha or a federation outpost?
- autogrouping for pvp. If you are less than 5 people in a group and join pvp, disband the group and make a big one.
- ground explore Missions on admiral with a 5 man away team are far to easy! Make it interessting.
- holster weapon on non combat aereas when you are beaming in
- make holstered weapons visible on Uniforms or Armor like in the Movies or tv

middle:

- more fleetactions, both Space and ground, and more interessting, difficult like the new crysraline entity and more than just like kill everything, let the players thing about solutions.
- more peaceful Missions, again let us thing about peaceful solutions. Give the possibility to disable enemies. destroy all you can find is not the way starfleet is!
- Open PvP, battles for planets, starbases, shipyards.
- Captains-room, transporterroom, sickbay, ten forward and missions where we can interact on our own ship.
- raid instance for more than 5 players. give us the chance to do instances with 10 or 15 people.
- random quests in sector space, there is a frighter in trouble, a distress call of an old abandomed ship arrives us, first contact with a warp culture.

long:

- shuttle missions! maybe only the possibility that we dont beam down a planet, we have to use a shuttle, after loading screen we came out of it and when the mission is over we have to return to the shuttle.
- Guildwars. maybe a Klingonhouse and a federationfleet can make war withother.
- housing! Give us a shuttle, a quarter or something like ( a house on bajor?) that were we can store some things, place trophys from Missions, like Artifacts or weapons.
- more life on planets! the planets look like dead, where are birds, small animals or insects?
- other typs of explore missions like there is a abonded ship. the ship is dark so we have to use flashlights. do you remember where captain janeway is fighting the macro virus? Or a peaceful Missions, explore the ship and fight out why is it here. and more please just like using computer consoles, have fantasy!
- where are all the know people and their ships? Where is the Enterprise e? where we can met Data? Or Dr. Bashir? Or what is Admiral Janeway doing?
- more interaction with the Tricorder, give us the option to scan for what we want, hey whats thats lifesighn, is there an energy signature behind this wall
- minigames! were are the Dabo Girls? Let us Play dabo at quarks, let us poker with our bridgeofficers or friends.
- spy Missions, give our Doctors the chance to make us to a klingon a romulan or something like that and we have to spy something.Or observe a pre warp culture...
- diffrent ship bridges and diffrent ships like the nebula, i want still my Nebula-Class spaceship!
- i have bought a danube-class, so why not , let us take the shuttle onboard so we can start it, if the ship is great enough. and make shuttle missions, maybe we get crashed on a planet with a shuttle or something like that
- real science missions, there is a virus, a radiation or something and we have to find a creative solution.

so i hope someone is reading that, sry for bad english... :p