Lt. Commander
# 2361
03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swangau
1) I would like to assign one of my BOs as First Officer with no restriction from their class
Agree, Add an unrestricted first officer to the bridge officer list. Shoot, I'd even buy the slot off the C-Store if I had too.
Lt. Commander
# 2362 requests
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Short term

1.) fix the c-store for previously purchased content to be available again

Long Term

1.) Make it possible for the fleet starbases to be constructed as either space stations, or a colony on a planet, moon, asteroid or other celestial body.
Lt. Commander
# 2363
03-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Short term:
1. Ability to re-species your character
--I started out without knowing the ins and outs of the options and now wish I could re-species my character. i'd pay for the change.

2. Allow me to have my Gorn go shirtless and have more scares

3. Ability to browse / purchase items from the Exchange via the web site
--Sometimes when at work, I would like to browse and spend some credits. Maybe even have the option to arrange items in the inventory or manage the fleet settings as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2364
03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I came across this while I tried finding out if the Captain's Yacht has a bridge you can chill out in (add that to my list of however-long-it-takes wants as a testbed for bridge navigation in sector space). Here seemed like the most appropriate place to post it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02...or-the-future/

This is one of the comments on the article.

__"Multiple servers = Much reduced zoning. Yes.
__"Our ships with more areas inside to explore, entertain, reside = Happy players. Yes.
__"Wormholes and more free-range space flight to encounter the unknown species, world, stellar storm, weird phenomena, distant quadrant = Much Elated Happiness among players. Yes.
__"Make the content and missions much less like ... boredom = Players that actually stick around and pay for subscriptions = Happy STO pocketbooks. Yes.
__"The changes you all need are basically rudimentary and in plain sight. Examine some of the better MMOs of the past and what worked well for them and what failed them.
__" ... Show me another MMO with that good of a social environment, freedom of roaming, and all-around virtual coolness, and I will show you an MMO that will grow and grow and be here many years from now. ...
__"Open the game up and add more to it (not just trinkets and a few ships... I mean species, vacation worlds, residences (even if it's on your own ship or in a space station)(People like to have a virtual place to come back to; home, apartment, flat, quarters on DS9, whatever), give people the ability to travel farther Quicker (more transwarp corridors - these are a must for more advanced ranks in the game), allow us to re-engineer our ships, not just upgrade them with the rank and file parts that we are handed now.
__"This game had... Has... great potential. If you take off the leash. "

(MacMoradin, Feb 26th 2011 11:39AM, http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02...or-the-future/ )

I think he's got a few good points. I had a play today for the first time in 3 or more months and I did enjoy it more. The game feels like it has a bit more depth. I like the new Spacedock 1/ESD (except for the TOS font everywhere, that looks vile). The shipyard, the club, the bank, the exterior, it's all looking really good. I hope that kind of creativity continues well into the future.

I've noticed some of the flashing consoles have been toned down a bit, but not all of them (the ones in the tutorial and the ones in K-7's corridors are still flashing in the old, garish style, so maybe that's a hint that the tutorial is being re-worked and they're not wasting any more time on the current one. I can dream, right? I wonder if part of the problem isn't contractual obligations to Zachary Quinto. Surely not though since he was drafted in for the part. If the part's not needed anymore then neither's his voice, clearly. No offence. I wouldn't mind losing Nimoy's voice either, if it would plough more money into the game's development. Sorry Leonard. I liked you better in Mission: Impossible anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 2365
03-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake81499 View Post
I'd even buy the slot off the C-Store if I had too.
Don't say stuff like that... God.
Lt. Commander
# 2366
03-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
Short term:
1. Ability to re-species your character
--I started out without knowing the ins and outs of the options and now wish I could re-species my character. i'd pay for the change.

3. Ability to browse / purchase items from the Exchange via the web site
--Sometimes when at work, I would like to browse and spend some credits. Maybe even have the option to arrange items in the inventory or manage the fleet settings as well.
My advice? Even though you didn't ask for it...

1. Start a campaign to make a new tutorial and replay from scratch when it's done. New species, new class, http://www.dramabutton.com/ New game experience, oh my

3. Wait until you get home from work or encourage them to make an iPhone app that does the same thing. Would you be willing to pay for that ?
Lt. Commander
# 2367
03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
*adding small space station/outpost for fleets to buy in the neutral zone.

*add special pvp ressources in neutral zone to increase the pvp interest. People would fight for the systems having valuable ressources or special missions only available when owning the system

* adding special NPC characters in your own ship who give you missions
Lt. Commander
# 2368
03-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Given the complexity of the skills it would be very helpful to be able to separate the skills and status windows to more easily see the effects on skills side by side. This is what RPGs are 50% about - reading skills and making decisions. The current system is self-defeating. - Short term. This week?

I dont know if this is in the works or not, but I feel it to be a logical next step: these shuttles and fighters too if I heard right? The ability to pull up somewhere in your main ship that you've chosen at the docks, and then launch one of the smaller craft from there, leaving your mothership wherever you leave it, cluttering up space and making the place look busy.
Works exactly the same, you right click the shuttle and select use, but instead of it following you around, your ship becomes a static interactable object (for changing back to it, obviously) and you take control of the shuttlecraft. Yay!
At any rate.. bridges on shuttlecraft please - Medium term? 3-6 months?

An iPhone+iPad app that lets you create and manage your personal logs, auto-syncing whenever the app is opened or closed. - Long term. A year?
Lt. Commander
# 2369 feature episode
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
i got and idea. I would like to see an episode dealing with the Ioceans (ST: TOS "Piece of the Action") It would be intresting to see what they had done with the communcator that McCoy had left on that planet when they left.
Lt. Commander
# 2370
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman07231
i got and idea. I would like to see an episode dealing with the Ioceans (ST: TOS "Piece of the Action") It would be intresting to see what they had done with the communcator that McCoy had left on that planet when they left.
They'd have to design more bits of wardrobe for that. The gucci suits are already there in off duty gear, but they need those silly hats. I'd prefer space helmets first, myself.