Lt. Commander
# 2501
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
For being offlined during an STF to not insta-kick you from the group
Lt. Commander
# 2502
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Short term
-Add a left/right click function to the zone/sector maps so left click zooms to the zone you are clicking on and right click zooms out to the sector space map.

Mid term
-Total spacestation/ship/common-area map revamp! Make it look nice and add names so I know where specific areas are. Also, I don't need nor want to know where anyone is on these maps. If the person I am looking for is in the admirals office, I only need to know where the admirals office is. It makes no sense that I just "know" where people are as long as they are on my end of the station.

which leads me to
-Add numerous wall displays that you can ask where a certain person is located. It will have a list of all NPC officers on duty and tell you what section of the area they a located in. This is how it's always been done in Star Trek. Why stop now?
"Computer, locate ______"
"______is in the Admirals Office"

-Updating all tooltips to describe how powers specifically interact with each other. The time I spend on the web trying to figure out what helps what is time I don't enjoy.

-Give the option to describe unknown system explorations as either ground or space based missions. Or better yet give the option to turn off random space or ground missions so that you can just do one or the other if you so desire. If I want to do a specific type of mission, I need to load another screen to find out if It's the type I want. I end up zoneing out of the instance if it's not what I want; which means two more loading screens of trying my luck. Sometimes this means 5 or 7 or even 9 loading screens extra. I don't know about anyone else but I do this a fair amount. It might not be in the spirit of the game but I do it non the less.

Long term
-Make sector space a single map. I know that's a really big one but it would make a huge huge difference in the quality of the immersion experience.
Lt. Commander
# 2503
07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
1. Chatlog catcher, record rp sessions with friends

2. Automatically match ship interiors and uniforms to the ship exterior by default, while allowing the interiors to still be customized for those who want something different. A TOS Enterprise should have the TOS interior, automatically, not some psuedo motion picture default interior, for example. The NX class, should have Archer's bridge as well. Intrepid class, the Voyager bridge, Galaxy.... TNG... you get the idea.

3. Uniforms should not cost for the bridge officers or crew, to match your captain's style. And by the same token, if you want to 'mirror universe' them, that option should be a simple check box to do it. Play your evil twins. Why not?
Lt. Commander
# 2504
07-19-2011, 02:45 AM
1. short term: Ereasing existings bugs from PVE and PVP Ques.

2. mid term: add much more KDF PVE content, ship skins and cloting to the game

3. long term: center on the strengths of having two cultural different factions in the game, i.e. different PVE paths etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2505
07-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Short term

Add tails and beaks (as a small example) to the character creation process. Iím sure there is room for more variety.

Mid term

Add more social functions for people. For instance the ability to play card games (simple, such as uno) and such.

Long term

Add speech to the game, I like to talk with people rather than type.
Lt. Commander
# 2506
07-19-2011, 06:42 AM
short:

-Add option to remove the blue and red engine trails (just like the directional shield fx). Opacity slider would work too
-improve PVE and PVP queues (the "Romulan Temple" instance with 3 players isn't much fun)

med

- more missions

long

- restructure captain skills so that they don't pidgeonhole you in to using one kind of ship/weapon/BO skills
- might be fun if BOs were more similar to captains. I dunno, think about it.
Lt. Commander
i have to say i am most concerned with the crushing lack of endgame content. for a game that levels as quickly as STO, it has none of the dynamic endgame content of say DC Online. we need this, because STO is bleeding players hard, if my own fleet is any indication.

Short-Term
-Unlockables! give us things to unlock: ships/costumes/skins/uniforms. even if they cost hundreds of Emblems or require several already achieved goals [ambassador/member of section 31/etc.]. special unlocks will keep people coming back to see what else they can achieve.
-replay missions improved. some of the replay equipment has been fantastic. but not all. some has left some of us just wondering why we would want it.
-Achievements. [not sure if this would fall into a Mid-Term goal or a Short-Term] again, don't mean to keep using DCO's example but they have a grate idea. give skill points for getting achievement points. DCO lets you keep level your skills by using achievement points after you reach cap. it is a set number of achievement points = 1 skill up, but it gives continuing end content to cap'ed players.
-Enemy Signal Contacts and Empire Defences. nothing more then a bit of randomization needs to be done to these maps. they are all the same with the exact same spawns in the same places. just mix them up a bit. if i'm a klingon, i will see that same map 50 times. just once would i love it to be layed out differently.

Mid-Term
-STF's. i'm sure everyone has mentioned it too. we need lots more of these.
-Disputed Territory a single aria control map would be fun, give each faction [current/future/NPC] key systems to control and win. give players more then one way to win systems over. fight it out with the other factions or use diplomacy to sway a system to your political view. this would give feds an even footing with the klingon's [klingon's fight harder, fed's can diplomacy to make up the difference]
-Enemy Signal Contacts. we already have a system for random enemy attacks in sector space, but doing more with it would be nice. give end content players reasons to help out in these fights. make the ESC's have a grater meaning to the game as a whole. rescues/holding actions/assist/assault missions are all in the base content and could be expanded to mean something grater in the ESC's done in sector space.
-Unique Gear. i would love to see ships mounting odd-ball items. things you don't expect to see or run into. limited invulnerability shields, capture webs, short warp jump systems, odd weapons and deflector style beams that have strange effects on ships. make them extremely expensive or hard to get items [emblems/achievements]. but it will mix up things in PvP and also give end content users a reason to put time into building their own custom ship builds.

Long-Term

-Klingons. finish the klingons. they are the other half of the story regarding the war. they also would be a good jumping off point for more content with the Iconions.
-Random Rare Spawns. every so often have a rare enemy spawn in sector space encounters. give these mobs grate item drops and their defeat a barring on the game as a whole. [oops the borg fleet made it to earth, supplies are limited for the next 24 hours while earth rebuilds after the fight].

thank you for your time, and i can't wait to see what new content you guys at the dev teams come up with next!
Lt. Commander
# 2508
07-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Short Term:
Ability to adjust large map transparency, especially on away missions.

Mid Term:
Maybe some type of Indication in clusters whether an upcoming unknown cluster mission is ground or space?
Ability to set "dual difficulties" one for space missions one for ground

Long Term
"open crafting" where you can craft/farm out objects with differing numbers of blank spots and add the effects you wish
Federation/Klingon teaming allowed for missions in Gamma Orionios
Lt. Commander
I do not recall anyone ever asking for a whole new ground system. S4 is a major disapointment as far as I'm concerned. I do not like, use, or will ever see that the new grnd system is an upgrade. It is horrible period. When you have a VA toon that has all MKXI gear and in two shots by a hunter initiate, is dead, this is an upgrade? Really? The grnd game has been ruined period. If you play in the Classic mode, try switching between weapons, then click your tray to select stnd pattern or bolt spray, Your toon stands there and dies in 3 shots or less in most cases. All the while, he is pointing his weapon at the target, like a statue. Great jobs guys, great job. I am an STF vet and have done them many times. I refuse to even try with this so called new system. Hint, IT WAS NOT BROKE< DON"T FIX IT. All people asked for was new mission strings and content, you gave a no way to win situation that borders on impossible. Thank you so much. Hypos are worthless, charges are worthless. Again Great job. The new graphic features are great, we did not ask for them. We asked for new daily missions and storylines. New things to see and acheive. Not the ruination of what was a fine ground system to begin with. If I had not already paid for a "lifetime", they would not get another dime, period. EQ and WOW, did this kinda stuff, you see where it got them. Get ready to join them. I don't need three items to list here, only one. Stop ruining the game I love. Learn what the Star Trek franchise is about ( discovery and exploration), Then realize, this is not DOOM or Quake. First person shooters need not aplly here. GET IT.... Enough people are ready to pull out and have had it. Save the best online game ever and stop trying to be something you're not...
Lt. Commander
# 2510
07-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Short term: fix ship overview for kdf on the main page(http://www.startrekonline.com/ships-index). There are only fed ships at this time and no mention about the kdf's. It doesn't have to be pretty, just so that people see that there are other ships as well.

Mid term: create a survival mode with waves of attackers, you know what I mean.

Long term: romulan / cardassian / dominion-faction.