Lt. Commander
# 2671
12-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiselhead View Post
1 Fire the current Dev Staff for thier unparalleled destruction of what a game used to be.

2 Crafting is rediculous with this uneccesary fee of dilithium that should go with the old dev team

3 Skills need to become sensable currently they are not you no longer have enough points to have a proper ship let alone do anything on the ground
Agreed
Agreed
and
Agreed

There's some good in the season 5 but trashing the skill tree really messed things up. PLUS you have to spend money on retrain tokens over and over again trying to get things to some resembleance of useable. It's called extorsion.
Lt. Commander
# 2672
12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
unfortunitely, the first one has become needed... they don't listen anymore... and soon CBS will pull the license since they are doing so much to kill the Trek-ness of the game... those new ESD signs alone are just more cartoon than trek... except the trek cartoon looked more real than those ugly animated thngs...
Lt. Commander
# 2673
12-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Short term: add back old stfs so we can play both new and old. My opinion: I like the new style, but I surely miss the fun of playing the old ones. There is also a thread about it.

Mid term: make few save-able configurations for ship layout of boffs, weapons and consoles (or pretty much whatever is on the ships slots) so we can quickly change the ship station assignments for bridge officers, weapons and consoles. That would help tremendously for some pvp configurations, stfs, pve or for whatever we want. It is a pain every time we change assignments we need to re-arrange the abilities. Well, at least people like me that bind those abilities to keys. Not to mention that this takes some time. We could have a combo box from which we select the one we want. I would put this as short term but I think it involves some changes (database and prog) that may be not extremely simple).

Long term: more content, more factions, less bugs. Also, having 2 buckets for skill/spec, one for ground and one for space, IMO would balance the game tremendously. Many ppl complain that pvp-ers are all space or all ground. This way, If you are skilled then you can kick a$$ in both and no more reason to start whining about this.
Lt. Commander
# 2674
12-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Fix the Freaking PvE Q's
Lt. Commander
# 2675
12-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiselhead View Post
1 Fire the current Dev Staff for thier unparalleled destruction of what a game used to be.

2 Crafting is rediculous with this uneccesary fee of dilithium that should go with the old dev team

3 Skills need to become sensable currently they are not you no longer have enough points to have a proper ship let alone do anything on the ground
I would say fire the management staff, lol, devs are the worker bees, they design what they are told to. I doubt the final decision is devs'. Maybe don't go that far to fire them, but at least re-organize them so that we see a more star trek-like universe, not people doing stf-s dressed in suit and tie and things like that. At least make those a holodeck mission where we can get tommy guns and fight gangsters. lol. Really, you go on esd and see people dressed in all kind of crazy, non-star trek clothings. I understand the nature of the business, to have lots of customizations (many you can buy), but at least filter all those through a star trek net. And all those funny looking signs, Thank God qo'nos looks a little better...

With skills, I tend to agree and as I said on a prior post, I think a fix would be to split the space and ground specs. Because the way it is forces you to either spec like crazy for space if you do pvp space, either ground for pvp ground. Then if you play an stf/fleet action, either ground or space will suck. If you try to have a ballanced toon, then definitely you are at a disadvantage in both pvp space and ground. We'll see, maybe in season 25 (if it gets that far) we will see those changes (that hopefully won't mess up everything else). lol.
Lt. Commander
# 2676
12-09-2011, 06:05 AM
1. Fix PvP
2. Add content
3. Fix bugs

4. Fix the game, make it worth playing.
Lt. Commander
# 2677
12-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Here's my wish list, based on my experiences over the last year plus and on the F2P stuff on Tribble:

Short Term: Please offer Promotion Packages of appropriate teired white equipment.
Example- I make Commander (Teir 4), wouldn't it be great to get a requisition package that contains white MK V items for the ground and that ships requisitioned are equipped with white MK V basic loadouts?
This is not game breaking and won't hurt the economy any- people will still eventually want to upgrade to blue or better MK VI gear. What it does do is allow players to play, right of the box.
It makes sense in a military mind set to at least outfit the troops in the basic gear to survive. And new player coming into F2P won't be faced with the sticker shock of trying to equip his toon/ship/BOFFs with each level.

Mid term: Klingon PvE Content. I don't really need to elaborate and I don't need to point to the desperate need the community has for that. It's important!

Long term: Foundry tools and a Foundry rewards system that's reasonable and makes sense. The complaints from the communtiy regarding STO's content, or lack there of, quite a common sight. Let's empower the players into making their own content. Establish a reward system that benefits not only the players that participate but also the talented players that create. If even that means developing a unbias thrid party to judge, grade and establish rewards for player created content.
I feel that making the Foundry as robust and exciting an engine as it can be would go a long way toward curtailing the "No Content" complaints.

Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 2678
12-12-2011, 05:21 AM
1. Add more attainable armor (like the new STF awards), perhaps just costume armor? If not make mark 12 attainable with Borg encryption codes.
2. Add more ships, with more variety, no more re-skins of the galaxy thanks… How about the Jupiter?
3. Make lower tier ships viable to play at any rank in the game.

Thanks!

Imret
Lt. Commander
# 2679
12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Short-term requests

No More Cash Grabbing. This Includes Lottery Boxes, Pay-4-Chance Items, or any other such half baked idea to gouge money from a player base that's shown to be quick to jump on a new hot item with out thinking first.

Not Charging a single EC or other game currency to create a new costume. I had two empty costume slots and I went to go create something cute to ware around the winter event and BAM!!! I was charged for almost every little change I made to the outfit, change a color, BAM EC's added to the cost. wanted to Remove the fleet logo Bam More EC's Added. I ended up spending almost 10k in Energy Credits to finish the outfit. not cool not cool at all

Better CS, that's right Better Customer Service. I takes up to and some times more then a week for a CSR to send me an update on a ticket and it's always the same cookie cutter response telling me to read the FAQ's which never have an answer

Mid-term requests

More Uniform packs. I've been asking for the 29th Century Uniform packs since launch and I've yet hear anything never remotely close of a oh, yes that's on the list or sure sounds like a good idea thanks

More Personal Inventory Slots and Bank Slots the ( 3x and 4x ) limit placed on the number of times you can buy more slots on any given toon is counter productive. and I don't for one second by this "it bogs down the instance for everyone the more slots someone has" yarn. other MMOs never had this issue. of course they had better system/server set ups.

Make it so that as long as we've got a device or some consoles in our personal inventory they count as being part of our ship's powers for use.

Long-term requests

Ground Environment Update. You did a great job with the Space Visual update and all the old ground zones need a good one two pass over with a power buffer.

Make it so that one can get the Mark XII Gear without playing Elite. New Specile Reserve STF Gear MkXII could be one part for say 80 EDC's twice that of what it takes to get a MkXI part. it's fair.

Get Rid of this Normal/Elite stuff. it's ugly. it should be one difficulty to rule them all.

Love the IP and Love the Social interactions being part of a fleet brings. now please how me how to love Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2680
12-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Stop Price Gouging the Crafting Geez